Firefox OS: 17 Smartphones & 40+ Markets In 2015

The post Firefox OS: 17 Smartphones & 40+ Markets In 2015 appeared first on … more

Samsung Unpacked Coverage: All About the S6

more

Samsung Galaxy S6 Cameras

more

The Battery Behind the Samsung S6 and S6 Edge

more

Cheap micro USB cable vs HTC charger cable TEST INSIDE

OP Ripley

17th May 2012, 03:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 78

386 posts
More
I bought a cheap micro USB charge cable, but it takes half the time of the standard 6 inches long cable.
So i'm after a powerful charger or the best cable
Last edited by Ripley; 17th May 2012 at 11:12 PM.
17th May 2012, 04:58 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 368

1,364 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripley

I bought a cheap micro USB charge cable, but it takes half the time of the standard 6 inches long cable.
So i'm after a powerful charger or the best cable

If I'm understanding correct,
You looking for quicker charging?

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium
17th May 2012, 05:01 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

386 posts
More
Not neccessarily quicker charging, just not slower charging lol.

I've found out that USB cables can charge and transfer data at differing speeds, depending on the construction.

I am happy using the standard HTC cable but it is too short, so i'm after a longer cable, without sacrificing charge time.
17th May 2012, 05:05 PM   |  #4  

1,364 posts
More
Quote:

Not neccessarily quicker charging, just not slower charging lol.

I've found out that USB cables can charge and transfer data at differing speeds, depending on the construction.

I am happy using the standard HTC cable but it is too short, so i'm after a longer cable, without sacrificing charge time.

Oh OK, I don't think you'll have to worry too much about varying charge time, the data/power rate maybe a bit different but not really to the point of where you should concern yourself with it, and I can tell you now its most likely a USB 2.0 cable so just make sure you get a 2.0 at the appropriate length and you should be good

17th May 2012, 05:15 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

386 posts
More
There is a test in a thread on here, i will find it, but a cheap cable was charging at 200ish mAh, and the HTC one was over 500mAh. With a cheap cable, my phone can't be charged fast enough to use at the same time when the battery is just about dead.
17th May 2012, 05:25 PM   |  #6  

1,364 posts
More
Quote:

There is a test in a thread on here, i will find it, but a cheap cable was charging at 200ish mAh, and the HTC one was over 500mAh. With a cheap cable, my phone can't be charged fast enough to use at the same time when the battery is just about dead.

Are you using the same power source for both, if so then its probably the materials of the wires if you can get one that uses gold connections it'd be I believe that fastest as far as cables go but they can be pretty pricy

17th May 2012, 05:28 PM   |  #7  

1,364 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathblade

Are you using the same power source for both, if so then its probably the materials of the wires if you can get one that uses gold connections it'd be I believe that fastest as far as cables go but they can be pretty pricy

It'd probably be cheaper to do what I did, get a battery charging dock and a second battery, keep one on the charger till the other dead and swap you can check eBay for prices of batteries and the dock but you probably won't speed much more than $20 on both

17th May 2012, 06:22 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

386 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathblade

So far the Belkin hi speed cable priced at 15 is the only longer cable I can find that's proven to be as efficient as the OE cable
17th May 2012, 11:13 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

386 posts
More
Unbranded ebay cable

HTC cable

Using the same HTC AC charger
18th May 2012, 04:53 AM   |  #10  

1,364 posts
More
Quote:

Unbranded ebay cable

HTC cable

Using the same HTC AC charger

Yeah materials is the difference most likely one Is using tin and the other copper, copper is better

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread