[REVIEW] Standzfree Universal Tablet Floor Stand

OP jerdog

11th March 2014, 10:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Developer Committee / OEM Relations / XDA Portal Team - Harbinger of Doom
Flag Gallifrey
Thanks Meter: 4,275

6,007 posts
More

It's always refreshing when a company releases an accessory that can be used with anything, aka "universal", instead of marketing directly to iPod/iPad/iPhone/iPood devices. Standzout is one of them, even though they do have products marketed directly to those other devices. Even though I was not able to attend CES 2014 due to some conflicts, I was able to get a hold of one of their Standzfree Universal Tablet Floor Stands to check out.

Seeing as I spend an awful lot of time working from home and my desk is never clean enough to put more than my keyboard, phone, mouse and monitors, a tablet floor stand is perfect! And, seeing as I occasionally do stints as a guitar player a stand for my tablet while playing is essential. So I went about setting this sucker up.

First thing I noticed was how purely heavy it is. Most of that is the floor base stand itself - requiring more than just myself to attach the base. Luckily I had a minion around (who oddly enough looks like me) to help steady the base while I screw in the screw with the provided allen wrench. Once it was nice and tight it was quite evident that this stand isn't going to move around any.

After using the stand with my tablets at my desk for a few weeks, I found it to be just like having another monitor. I was able to adjust it to the right height given that it has a telescoping neck which gives it about another foot in length (TWHS), so I could sit at my desk, turn to the side and immediately have it right there. And in fact it holds my Samsung Note Pro 12.2 quite well. It was time to take it to a gig.

It was there I noticed immediately what could keep me from using this outside the office. Whenever I needed to turn a page on the setlist, the thing moved. It wasn't that the base itself moved (which it does if you push too hard on the tablet), it was that with a tablet in the holder it's easy to move it because it's up in the air. Not even sure how to avoid it - but i have the same problem in the car with a suction cup phone mount. It's like the tablet just floats and moves easily on the stand.

Outside of that, I am impressed with the stand but will only use it at my desk or maybe by the bed at night. If you're interested in one, you can head on over to their site to read about it and purchase one if you so choose.

The Following User Says Thank You to jerdog For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
standzfree tablet stand, standzout
Previous Thread Next Thread