Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,037 Members 51,935 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Why should i root my moto g

Tip us?

Darkmind82
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46

DONATE TO ME
Default Why should i root my moto g

Hello dear friends and Moto g user. Since i own the G i feel so less tempted to root my phone.
Am i the only one who thinks that the G has a great firmeware and outstanding akku life?

I'm afraid that rooting and flashing a custom rom would effect the battery life.
So what do you think rooting and flashing a custom jay or ney?

Sent from my XT1032 using xda app-developers app

Bizdady
Old
Thanks Meter 582
Moto G is still unrooted over here. Think this is the longest ive gone without touching a phone. Think it will still this way and Stock G is more than enough for me.
"mkdir android ; cd android ; repo init -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git ; repo sync ; make"

HTC Evo 4G/Galaxy Nexus/Galaxy S3/Samsung Galaxy Note II
Kindle Fire/Asus Transformer Prime/Nexus 7

Twitter @bizdady
Google + Bizdady

grahamgo
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I have rooted my phone, but i only did this to provide a backup method, I like Titanium. I have been following a couple of the custom ROM threads for weeks and I just read of too many problems. The Moto G factory firmware is fine but if you want to tweak it some, just install xposed and whatever modules you need. I have done just this and I have got a sweet system that includes most of the tweaks we look for in custom ROMs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grahamgo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

djscopesofm
Old
Thanks Meter 58
I rooted my Moto G to take full benefit of having full access to my device as I need it. More specifically, I did it to use Xposed modules like App Setting and the graphic card spoofer app GLTools. These are not necessary of course, but I feel like having custom DPI on an app to app basis should be a normal Android feature everyone should have access to without root.
Moto G XT1033 Stock w/ Xposed
The Following User Says Thank You to djscopesofm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mickeyvdb
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by djscopesofm View Post
I rooted my Moto G to take full benefit of having full access to my device as I need it. More specifically, I did it to use Xposed modules like App Setting and the graphic card spoofer app GLTools. These are not necessary of course, but I feel like having custom DPI on an app to app basis should be a normal Android feature everyone should have access to without root.
Besides the posibility to have full access to the phone I also rooted it to be able to block ads.
Moto G XT1032 - Status: Unlocked, Rooted, Philz Touch 6.0.4.7, GPE KTU84P.M003 (KK 4.4.4)
Galaxy Tab2 P3110 - Status: Rooted, CWM 6.0.4.5, Slimkat stable 7 (KK 4.4.4)
The Following User Says Thank You to Mickeyvdb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

903tex
Old
Thanks Meter 178
I ran the g stock until cm11 was stable enough for daily use. Now I am running PAC and loving the fact that this phone still has it great battery life as it did stock with my heavy usage. One thing I will say is if you have to ask to root then I don't think you need to.

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current Device

Nexus 5

Previous Devices
TO MANY TO LIST!!! LOL

IF I HELPED YOU WITH ANYTHING HIT THAT THANKS BUTTON.......

gabling23
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Is it possible to root the phone without unlocking the bootloader?

Inviato dal mio XT1032 utilizzando Tapatalk

debaj
Old
Thanks Meter 164
No

Carlos_EVH
Old
Thanks Meter 44
If you root your moto g you can delete system apk, install xposed frameworks and its modules like gravity box, modify the governors of the cpu, the performance of the phone, etc.

Pir4t3
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Xposed! <3