Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,344 Members 46,730 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

gingerbread rom for samsung mini gt-s5570

Tip us?

bagpussnz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default gingerbread rom for samsung mini gt-s5570

Hi,
My daughter has one of these phones running 2.2.1 - she is having problems with bluetooth freezing, and I wondered if she can upgrade to gingerbread (it might help).

Does anyone know where to find some roms which will work on a NZ phone?

I see roms for just about every other country in sam firmware dot com - can I use one of them?

Cheers,
Ian.

post-mortem
Old
Thanks Meter 521
Apparently, there is no New Zealand specific model. Check this page.
XDA-Developers was founded on the simple principal that SHARING IS GOOD and when many people SHARE what they know, EVERYONE benefits. We exist upon this Ethos, we RESPECT each other, we SHARE with each other, we do not judge one another and we HELP all who ask. We believe that while some may have more knowledge than another, none are more important.
----------

> 10 Nandroid backup
> 20 Flash experimental .zip
> 30 IF (works) THEN GOTO 50
> 40 Nandroid restore
> 50 Eat cake

Bunnybugs_007
Old
Thanks Meter 74

DONATE TO ME
Try an australian version...

Sent from my HTC ChaCha with CM9 using XDA app.

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

Or look for a custom rom in the official thread. (Search for your device in the top right corner of the webpage

Proud owner of:

Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE Stock ROM Rooted

(Back-Up) Acer Liquid Z2 Duo (a.k.a. Acer Z120) Still no root, no custom ROM, no crap....

Buy me a beer if I helped you out! (just press 'Donate') Or just press the 'Thanks'-button!

Evoium
Old
(Last edited by Evoium; 14th December 2012 at 09:58 PM.) Reason: update on bricked it too
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnybugs_007 View Post
Try an australian version...

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

Or look for a custom rom in the official thread. (Search for your device in the top right corner of the webpage

just be sure of the correct model of your phone for example i bought my tablet from auckland but i got a imported tablet so just be sure man
yea about that... it doesnt really matter as long as the rom is coded for the hardware that is in your device such as my galaxy tablet and mini they both are running uk roms

yea i have also hard bricked my mini and then bought it back to life so gl

so bro go for gold

vuzedroid
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default failed installation

So I tried installing this on a friends galaxy mini in NZ but the recovery said it couldnt mount the data or internal.. even when doing a factory reset. Any ideas? Im thinking the sd card needs to be formated to FAT, that might be the problem. Does anyone know where I could find a better recovery and how to install it? Sorry for all the questions..