Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,227 Members 46,745 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

You can turn off hard keys. (sm-p600 mk1)

Tip us?

RussellEstridge25
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 143

DONATE TO ME
Default You can turn off hard keys. (sm-p600 mk1)

Sorry if this is old news but I seen a few people asking if you could disable these especially over at the clean Rom thread cause the developer included soft keys in the rom. Anyways again I'm sorry if this is old news but you go to accessibility/access control. It then walks you through a series of steps like if you want certain parts of the screen to not be affected by touch and so on. I thought this was pretty sweet. Not sure if it's for all models and firmware but worth a shot!

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Be yourself........... Hit me up on Gtalk Rustypmusic@gmail.com. [/B]
The Following User Says Thank You to RussellEstridge25 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Zrutisan
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I'm on stock and I can't find Access Control in Accessibility. Is this a CleanRom only feature?

RussellEstridge25
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 143

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrutisan View Post
I'm on stock and I can't find Access Control in Accessibility. Is this a CleanRom only feature?
No... I'm stock right now. I don't remember seeing it before so not sure how I got it there. Maybe from exposed?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

RussellEstridge25
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 143

DONATE TO ME
Again not sure how it got here...

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1394412432976.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	2622494  

Stocklone
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrutisan View Post
It's all the way at the very bottom of Accessibility. It is listed under Recognition. Turn it on. Then hold down the home button and and volume down to enter the wizard.

It should be helpful for when I do note taking at a meeting so I don't have to worry about touching the physical buttons. But for Button Savior Pro it disables the Home, Menu and Back so it's not something I can have on all the time. Plus the notification drawer cannot be interacted with anymore while this mode is on.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stocklone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RussellEstridge25
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 143

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocklone View Post
It's all the way at the very bottom of Accessibility. It is listed under Recognition. Turn it on. Then hold down the home button and and volume down to enter the wizard.

It should be helpful for when I do note taking at a meeting so I don't have to worry about touching the physical buttons. But for Button Savior Pro it disables the Home, Menu and Back so it's not something I can have on all the time. Plus the notification drawer cannot be interacted with anymore while this mode is on.
It can if you have nova launcher pro. With a gesture. The notification drawer that is...

Stocklone
Old
Thanks Meter 29
I can open the drawer just fine. You just can't touch any of the notifications after you open the drawer.

RussellEstridge25
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 143

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocklone View Post
I can open the drawer just fine. You just can't touch any of the notifications after you open the drawer.
Weird... Did you x out of the past that says disable parts of the screen with touch? Wonder why it does that.