OP ripdoozer

28th October 2013, 09:34 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Austin, MN
Thanks Meter: 19

110 posts
More
Hello,
I apologize if this topic has been covered in another thread. I looked and couldn't find the information that I wanted.

I am Stuck on TW roms because I can't get any of the Photosphere enabled cameras to be fully functional on any 4.3 AOSP roms.
I think I have tried them all. No matter the camera app/rom/kernel combination that I try, the camera always force closes or reboots my device when I use any of the front facing Camera/Video cam features. This is truely preventing me from using a 4.3 rom as a DD.

This may be a Noob question, even though I have been flashing roms since my Eris...but, why are there no ROM's that have a Photoshpere camera included? Why can I only get that camera as an .apk or flashable .zip? Confuses me.

For now, I am stuck on TW because I can have the Samsung Camera (which i love), and I can have a fully functional Photosphere camera and run them side by side.

If I could use the camera that comes with the 4.3 rom (for front facing camera & vid cam, i.e. hangouts) AND load the Photosphere cam, I would be happy, but one has to replace the other...unlesss there is a workaround I am not aware of.

Thanks!

Mac
10th March 2014, 04:18 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdoozer

Hello,
I apologize if this topic has been covered in another thread. I looked and couldn't find the information that I wanted.

I am Stuck on TW roms because I can't get any of the Photosphere enabled cameras to be fully functional on any 4.3 AOSP roms.
I think I have tried them all. No matter the camera app/rom/kernel combination that I try, the camera always force closes or reboots my device when I use any of the front facing Camera/Video cam features. This is truely preventing me from using a 4.3 rom as a DD.

This may be a Noob question, even though I have been flashing roms since my Eris...but, why are there no ROM's that have a Photoshpere camera included? Why can I only get that camera as an .apk or flashable .zip? Confuses me.

For now, I am stuck on TW because I can have the Samsung Camera (which i love), and I can have a fully functional Photosphere camera and run them side by side.

If I could use the camera that comes with the 4.3 rom (for front facing camera & vid cam, i.e. hangouts) AND load the Photosphere cam, I would be happy, but one has to replace the other...unlesss there is a workaround I am not aware of.

Thanks!

Mac

You CAN get that camera as an APK - right here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...1?goto=newpost

I'd post the link myself, but don't have enough priveliges to do so.
10th March 2014, 04:39 AM   |  #3  
Flag Upstate, NY
Thanks Meter: 657

1,345 posts
Donate to Me
im using the photosphere camera on MOAR v8 from their Hub and im having zero issues with it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread