FORUMS

USB Cover snapped off

23 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
 
By informpage, Junior Member on 18th November 2013, 07:47 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
No clue how it happened, but I am now sans an attached usb cover (I found the nub in my pocket, separated from the phone). It doesn't look like anything that can be user replaced and haven't seen any chatter about this... Has anyone had this problem? Any thoughts on repair?
 
 
19th November 2013, 03:31 AM |#2  
mrmartin86's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 38
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by informpage

No clue how it happened, but I am now sans an attached usb cover (I found the nub in my pocket, separated from the phone). It doesn't look like anything that can be user replaced and haven't seen any chatter about this... Has anyone had this problem? Any thoughts on repair?

Call AT&T or Samsung, it should be in warranty.
19th November 2013, 04:27 AM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
I actually had this same thing happen. The cover came undone from the little rubbery flexable piece when I was at work and I found the cover piece in my pocket. From there I just pulled the rubber piece out with some pliers and reattached the cover. I just have to remember to put it back on after charging/syncing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using xda app-developers app
Last edited by RCon227; 19th November 2013 at 04:31 AM.
19th November 2013, 07:44 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCon227

I actually had this same thing happen. The cover came undone from the little rubbery flexable piece when I was at work and I found the cover piece in my pocket. From there I just pulled the rubber piece out with some pliers and reattached the cover. I just have to remember to put it back on after charging/syncing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using xda app-developers app

That's what I am doing as well. Except I don't remember often.

Wouldn't this be physical damage not covered under warranty?
19th November 2013, 08:35 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Confirmed, they will not cover this. If the phone had water damage, it would be covered..

I am going to put the cover in a safe place because I was told if I show up with water damage without the cover, then the damage would not be covered, so best not to lose it. Doesn't make sense, but that's what I was told.
17th January 2014, 10:04 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Dauphin Island, AL
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
I find it quite funny that, after the factory 4.3 update, I know get a warning reminding me to make sure the USB cover is closed after I unplug it. My cover broke off a couple of months ago. They don't offer replacement covers, but they want us to be sure that the port is sealed up. Samsung is trying to cover their @$$. I wonder how many people still have their cover.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to dibeachdude For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th January 2014, 11:49 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Flag Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Thumbs down Sh** Proof
Quote:
Originally Posted by dibeachdude

I find it quite funny that, after the factory 4.3 update, I know get a warning reminding me to make sure the USB cover is closed after I unplug it. My cover broke off a couple of months ago. They don't offer replacement covers, but they want us to be sure that the port is sealed up. Samsung is trying to cover their @$$. I wonder how many people still have their cover.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Had a charging problem. Went to AT&T service center. They would not warranty replace the phone because my cover was missing. This happened yesterday. Because I had insurance, it was $200 to replace.

I wish they could sh**proof us when we deal with AT&T.
18th January 2014, 12:08 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag Dauphin Island, AL
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
Wow!! $200?? I always thought that the insurance would cover the entire cost.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
19th January 2014, 12:15 AM |#9  
Avail211's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dibeachdude

Wow!! $200?? I always thought that the insurance would cover the entire cost.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

It's the deductible, most insurance plans have it. $200 is quite a bit though, mine is $50.
19th January 2014, 12:35 AM |#10  
Member
Flag Bakersfield
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avail211

It's the deductible, most insurance plans have it. $200 is quite a bit though, mine is $50.

There is no set deductable. The amount depends on what tier phone you have.

DEDUCTIBLE

A tiered deductible per the terms of your Insurance Coverage Certificate, will apply as follows:

Device Tier 1: Devices will be charged a $50 non-refundable deductible.
Device Tier 2: Devices will be charged a $125 non-refundable deductible.
Device Tier 3: Devices will be charged a $199 non-refundable deductible.

Which devices are on which Tier:
http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/en...e-schedule.pdf
9th March 2014, 07:05 AM |#11  
Bangball's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
Donate to Me
More
Angry water proof, charge proof, resnap the flap proof?
It is well made proof. In fact we all have good proof it was not a well conceived of device and for these mega corps, either samsung or your svc provider, to not offer some type of replacement cover is the corruption of greed for us all to see. It is all too commonplace though, greed tactics that is, so we have all become numb. Thats why them and everyone else in a position to take advantage of us will do just that. What geniuses they are to promote blogs and such, just like this one here, so we can read and complain to each other and drop the number of would be complaints to there websites and call centers by an estimated 70%. Blog it up America. Letter from our government and Big biz>>>>>
Dear internet, thank you so very very much. First we would like to say sorry for scaring you with internet shutdowns and what not. That was just to prove a point. Yes, it worked. We would never do that though. Restrictions and complete surveillance, you bet your bandwidth bubba, but you're a cornerstone of todays democracy. Keep sending those "isnt America a republic" google searches over to "america and George Washington love democracy too" pretend a history sites. Well so long, you are forever in our thoughts and stuff, the best double agent that ever has or will of been. Can you imagine if people took to the streets in protest again. Budget, deficit, two words I refuse to say, hurts to type them. Yes we can change whatever we want to.
Forever yours, big guv n big biz

P.S. Facebook likes you, we lied and said you liked her too. I mean without her we would still be hacking myspace and aol accounts. Anyway she's a big fan. Millions of thanks, a billion more if China keeps up its westernized movement. So long you sly devil.

Im taking donations so I can start a we will complain for you website. Hope to get it up and running within a few months. Everything takes green paper that has a given value. Some people are only valued 8 pieces of low value green paper an hour for their work. Gosh I think we are all worth a lot more than 8 pieces of green paper
Last edited by Bangball; 9th March 2014 at 07:11 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bangball For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes