Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,816 Members 39,144 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Optimus L9 II revealed

Tip us?

psychoace
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93
Default Optimus L9 II revealed

Looks like we already have a successor.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/02/l...paign=Engadget
Sent from my LG-P760 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychoace For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

OptimusL
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Looks interesting, it has a resemblance to the Optimus F7 it seems.

Sent from my LG-P768 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Sh4d0Wx
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Guys, how is the Snapdragon 400 and Adreno 305 in terms of performance? Cause I just watched the first review that I found of L9 II and they said that since the CPU is energy saving, the newer games might not work that well.

Is that true? I though that snapdragon in pair with adreno 305 could be pretty good, I know that its made with 28nm technology which should enhance battery life but is it also related to performance?

So after I heard this, I wonder if it will be more powerful than L9? Or its not true?

Thanks for answer.

pisherthefisher
Old
Thanks Meter 343
Similar processor with the same amount of RAM? Why even bother making a new version if you're not going to upgrade the specs?

leolawliet
Old
Thanks Meter 1057
It has adreno305!? Awesome

Adreno is awesome, I've never had a bad experience with Adreno devices

Sent from my LG Optimus L9 running PenberRom5 using Tapatalk 2
Current device: NVIDIA Project Shield

ROM: Stock KitKat 4.4.2

My work:

Quote:
- E739 -
PenberRom1 - CM7 mod
PenberRom2 - PA+AOKP+CM9 mod
LeoDexed - Modded Stock ROM

- P769 -
PenberRom5 - twinnfamous' PACrom JB 4.3.1 with my tweaks + mods
CMX - My modded cm-10.2 ROM from source. Installer is AROMA based.

- Tweaks-
egl patch - Disable CPU Rendering + older build.prop tweaks
Codename LightningBolt - A set of tweaks I put together

Sh4d0Wx
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by pisherthefisher View Post
Similar processor with the same amount of RAM? Why even bother making a new version if you're not going to upgrade the specs?
Tell me how is that a similiar processor

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

I wonder when is L9 II section going to be created here on XDA?

Varcain
Old
(Last edited by Varcain; 8th November 2013 at 11:24 AM.)
Thanks Meter 583

DONATE TO ME
So I happen to be the owner of this LG D605 (known as L9 II). I also had the L9 I in my hands for a while. I have to say I liked the back cover of L9 I more but L9 II is smaller so it fits in my hands better.

Regarding performance I remember scoring over 14k on AntuTu benchmark (GPU test scored a lot and this phone, it lost points only in multitasking benchmark when compared with quad-core smartphones). I can post some benchmark screenshots later if you want.

RAM could really be a little bit higher (with this stock bloated LG ROM, I guess it would be ok with CM or AOSP or whatever). Sometimes OOM-killer gets my launcher when I browse the net or play games so I have to wait some time before my UI appears again when I press Home button.

I also think the loudspeaker is on a little bit quiet side when compared to L9 I but this is not a big problem - it's still loud enough and the sound is clear. Only thing I don't like about the speaker is how it is positioned - when you hold the phone in horizontal orientation you will find yourself covering the speaker a lot which is annoying.

Lack of backlight on the touch-button panel doesn't bother me - I didn't have problems operating this phone in the dark. It is easy enough to hit these touch buttons anyway.

Overall good phone, other than this RAM size and loudspeaker location problem I don't have any problems with it. Dead Trigger 2 on High graphics setting is going smooth enough for me.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Varcain For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ilxaot
Old
Thanks Meter 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varcain View Post
So I happen to be the owner of this LG D605 (known as L9 II). I also had the L9 I in my hands for a while. I have to say I liked the back cover of L9 I more but L9 II is smaller so it fits in my hands better.

Regarding performance I remember scoring over 14k on AntuTu benchmark (GPU test scored a lot and this phone, it lost points only in multitasking benchmark when compared with quad-core smartphones). I can post some benchmark screenshots later if you want.

RAM could really be a little bit higher (with this stock bloated LG ROM, I guess it would be ok with CM or AOSP or whatever). Sometimes OOM-killer gets my launcher when I browse the net or play games so I have to wait some time before my UI appears again when I press Home button.

I also think the loudspeaker is on a little bit quiet side when compared to L9 I but this is not a big problem - it's still loud enough and the sound is clear. Only thing I don't like about the speaker is how it is positioned - when you hold the phone in horizontal orientation you will find yourself covering the speaker a lot which is annoying.

Lack of backlight on the touch-button panel doesn't bother me - I didn't have problems operating this phone in the dark. It is easy enough to hit these touch buttons anyway.

Overall good phone, other than this RAM size and loudspeaker location problem I don't have any problems with it. Dead Trigger 2 on High graphics setting is going smooth enough for me.
That's a heck of a first post. Welcome to XDA, and thanks for the info. (:
Take a moment to read this.
Romans 1:22 ~ Professing to be wise, they in turn became fools.
Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it is thinking of yourself less.
Veritas Aequitas

My Google+
A glad member of the Anti-Apple regime ^-^

Varcain
Old
Thanks Meter 583

DONATE TO ME
As promised - attached are benchmark screenshots (this was done using AnTuTu X benchmark).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-11-11-15-52-59.jpg
Views:	843
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	2385765   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-11-11-15-53-29.jpg
Views:	696
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	2385766  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Varcain For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Spitras
Old
(Last edited by Spitras; 12th November 2013 at 12:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Bought this phone couple of weeks ago, and I absolutely agree with you Varcain. Despite of few cons this phone is amazing for that price range, performance is good, screen is the same as many high-end devices and i am having absolutely no trouble playing latest games like Asphalt 8, Dead Trigger, etc...

I am just wondering when individual forum section will be available for this device on xda forums, where people with same phones could share their thought and someone even maybe will start developing custom roms for it?

And one more thing. Do you guys think this phone can get latest Android KitKat version? It would be even more awesome