Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,696 Members 37,136 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

need help restoring Gear to stock firmware

Tip us?
 
Vincintosh
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Apr 2011
Default need help restoring Gear to stock firmware

Hi, I installed null on my Gear, but it gave me lot of problems so I decided to restore the stock firmware. I have done lot of searches, but since I am a newbie a didn't understand what to do. First i don't know where to get the ROM file. I found a thread listing all the stock ROMs for the various regions, but there are no download links, the author just says "you know where"... ehm I don't actually know where so I am totally confused. Plus, I don't actually know what to do with the ROM file once I download it.
Ok I know this could be a very noob question, but I am really confused, because all the guides are not so clear and sometimes they use some kind of coded language (is this cool?) and I can't get the meaning of any the expressions used, understanding anything. I just need to know what to download (just need a link) and how to flash it in order to restore my gear to stock ROM. Thanks for your patience, hope you can help.
 
jonsmith709
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 140
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Exeter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincintosh View Post
Hi, I installed null on my Gear, but it gave me lot of problems so I decided to restore the stock firmware. I have done lot of searches, but since I am a newbie a didn't understand what to do. First i don't know where to get the ROM file. I found a thread listing all the stock ROMs for the various regions, but there are no download links, the author just says "you know where"... ehm I don't actually know where so I am totally confused. Plus, I don't actually know what to do with the ROM file once I download it.
Ok I know this could be a very noob question, but I am really confused, because all the guides are not so clear and sometimes they use some kind of coded language (is this cool?) and I can't get the meaning of any the expressions used, understanding anything. I just need to know what to download (just need a link) and how to flash it in order to restore my gear to stock ROM. Thanks for your patience, hope you can help.
V700 Firmware Collection Page..... type that into Google and it will take you to the right place, flash through Odin.... Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to jonsmith709 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Vincintosh
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsmith709 View Post
V700 Firmware Collection Page..... type that into Google and it will take you to the right place, flash through Odin.... Cheers
Hello, thanks for your precious help and sorry for the late answer. I found the download page, but I just can't download the file: when I select the one I need, it redirects me to a page where I can choose two mirrors. One simply doesn't work (RapidGator) and the other one (TeraFile) redirects me to a site where I choose regular download, complete the captcha and then just wait, and wait, and wait and nothing happens (chrome acts like loading a new page, showing the tiny "spinning wheel" near the title of the tab but nothing happens). Hope you can help finding a new link
 
paulsharman
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 16
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincintosh View Post
Hello, thanks for your precious help and sorry for the late answer. I found the download page, but I just can't download the file: when I select the one I need, it redirects me to a page where I can choose two mirrors. One simply doesn't work (RapidGator) and the other one (TeraFile) redirects me to a site where I choose regular download, complete the captcha and then just wait, and wait, and wait and nothing happens (chrome acts like loading a new page, showing the tiny "spinning wheel" near the title of the tab but nothing happens). Hope you can help finding a new link
if you need file let me know
 
Vincintosh
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsharman View Post
if you need file let me know
Hi, thanks a lot, but I tried again after a few hours and it did work. I forgot to post, since I was at work. Sorry, my bad. By the way I flashed the file, but it didn't work: my gear was stuck at boot displaying the samsung logo. So I tried to recover it using Kies and it did work, and now it runs it's own original ROM. Sorry again for forgetting to post how I solved and thanks for your interest.
 
eurominican
Old
#6  
eurominican's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 156
Posts: 323
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincintosh View Post
Hi, thanks a lot, but I tried again after a few hours and it did work. I forgot to post, since I was at work. Sorry, my bad. By the way I flashed the file, but it didn't work: my gear was stuck at boot displaying the samsung logo. So I tried to recover it using Kies and it did work, and now it runs it's own original ROM. Sorry again for forgetting to post how I solved and thanks for your interest.
Same boat as you. Those download links SUCK.. Once someone sends me the file I will share it too with other people

Nexus 5 -=- Note 3
 
Vincintosh
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurominican View Post
Same boat as you. Those download links SUCK.. Once someone sends me the file I will share it too with other people
Well, i think you don't actually need those files: if you restore the device using Kies it works flawlessly. All you need to know is your device's serial number, and it's printed on the side of its original box.
 
eurominican
Old
#8  
eurominican's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 156
Posts: 323
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincintosh View Post
Well, i think you don't actually need those files: if you restore the device using Kies it works flawlessly. All you need to know is your device's serial number, and it's printed on the side of its original box.
Does it download the firmware from a server or just resets the gear?

Nexus 5 -=- Note 3
 
440bro
Old
#9  
440bro's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 374
Posts: 1,078
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cleveland ROCKS!!!

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurominican View Post
Does it download the firmware from a server or just resets the gear?
It downloads from www.sammobile.com
 
Vincintosh
Old
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Apr 2011
I'm pretty sure it downloads the latest official firmware, since it actually says "Downloading" in the first phase of the procedure.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Slide Dial Replacement Dialer Lets You Make Calls from Anywhere

If you frequently make phone calls, your dialer (aka phone app)is one of the … more

Navigate with Your Samsung Gear 2 Using DMA Navi Watch

Whether you’re travelling to a new destination or exploring some previously … more

Xperia Z1 Stereo Speaker Mod, Cell Phone Unlocking Legal Again! – XDA Developer TV

Cell Phone Unlocking is legal again!! That and much … more

[OTA Captured] Verizon LG G Pad 8.3 Finally Gets Official KitKat Update

It’s been almost nine months since the LG G Pad … more