Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,356 Members 38,113 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GG Safety Assistance

Tip us?
 
waternut13134
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 36
Join Date: Oct 2012
Default GG Safety Assistance

Hey guys,So I just got my Galaxy Gear today and Ive read around and even Samsung's own manual says there is this Safety Assistance where you hit the power button 3 times and it will take a picture with GPS and send it to you emergency contact. The manual says to enable it under settings then safety assistance. But under my settings in gear manager there is no such setting. I contacted Samsung and they can't find where it even says in the manual. Did this feature get removed,or am I just missing something?

Im including the link to Samsung's site and its on PG.35 of the manual.

http://www.samsung.com/levant/consum...ZWAAFR-support




Thanks so much for any help!
 
Breach
Old
#2  
Breach's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 161
Posts: 300
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Maine, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by waternut13134 View Post
Hey guys,So I just got my Galaxy Gear today and Ive read around and even Samsung's own manual says there is this Safety Assistance where you hit the power button 3 times and it will take a picture with GPS and send it to you emergency contact. The manual says to enable it under settings then safety assistance. But under my settings in gear manager there is no such setting. I contacted Samsung and they can't find where it even says in the manual. Did this feature get removed,or am I just missing something?

Im including the link to Samsung's site and its on PG.35 of the manual.

http://www.samsung.com/levant/consum...ZWAAFR-support




Thanks so much for any help!

Did you ever figure out the issue?
<-- If you found my comment helpful, please press the [THANKS] button.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Current: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Model: SM-N900T) - Rom: ViSiON X N3 KitKat 4.4 NB7 w/Samsung Gear 2 (Model: SM-R380)
 
waternut13134
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 36
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breach View Post
Did you ever figure out the issue?
I was told that it was pulled last minute. When I insisted they looked at the manual and page number they said that their manual did not show that and there manual was newer so it meant the feature was pulled.
 
Breach
Old
#4  
Breach's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 161
Posts: 300
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Maine, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by waternut13134 View Post
I was told that it was pulled last minute. When I insisted they looked at the manual and page number they said that their manual did not show that and there manual was newer so it meant the feature was pulled.
My Gear and my new Gear 2 both have the option. My wife's does not. I think the issue is the rom you are running. My wife's Note 3 is running the stock T-mobile rom and she does not have the opinion. I upgraded to an international rom (to get rid of the t-mobile crap on my phone, most specifically the block they put on the tethering) and a side effect is I now have the Safety Assistance option.

Just figured I would let you know, incase you were interested,
<-- If you found my comment helpful, please press the [THANKS] button.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Current: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Model: SM-N900T) - Rom: ViSiON X N3 KitKat 4.4 NB7 w/Samsung Gear 2 (Model: SM-R380)
 
440bro
Old
#5  
440bro's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 402
Posts: 1,150
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cleveland ROCKS!!!

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breach View Post
My Gear and my new Gear 2 both have the option. My wife's does not. I think the issue is the rom you are running. My wife's Note 3 is running the stock T-mobile rom and she does not have the opinion. I upgraded to an international rom (to get rid of the t-mobile crap on my phone, most specifically the block they put on the tethering) and a side effect is I now have the Safety Assistance option.

Just figured I would let you know, incase you were interested,
Is it possible to obtain the app for that? Like if you open wondershare on a pc, do you see it there? If so back it up, and upload it please.
 
Breach
Old
#6  
Breach's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 161
Posts: 300
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Maine, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440bro View Post
Is it possible to obtain the app for that? Like if you open wondershare on a pc, do you see it there? If so back it up, and upload it please.
The app wouldn't do any good unless you had the option in Gear Manager to turn it off and on, and to set an emergency contact for the app to message.

Perhaps there is a way to inject/mock the version of the rom to allow the option in Gear Manager so the option/ability is enabled.
<-- If you found my comment helpful, please press the [THANKS] button.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Current: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Model: SM-N900T) - Rom: ViSiON X N3 KitKat 4.4 NB7 w/Samsung Gear 2 (Model: SM-R380)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Paid Android App Developers Will Soon Have to Provide Physical Address

Google has now changed its policies regarding paid app developers. … more

Windows Developers Rejoice! Dev Program’s $99 Yearly Fee is No More!

Microsoft rule in the mobile market, much like the giant dinosaurs … more

Add the Xperia Z2 Lock Screen to Your Favorite KitKat ROM

Almost every OEM adds its own unique flair to their stock firmwares. While some of … more

Android App Review: Control Your Phone with Quick Control Panel – XDA Developer TV

Your Android smart device has many features that you … more