Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,053 Members 46,116 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can someone give me the link to go from 4.3.1 to 4.4??

Tip us?
 
wascapsfan
Old
#1  
wascapsfan's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Posts: 382
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Atlanta
Default Can someone give me the link to go from 4.3.1 to 4.4??

I'm running Dirty Unicorn 4.3.1 and MK4 and want to root to 4.4 kit kat and load some new roms.
I have tried just wiping and flashing, but I get no data unless i'm on wifi.
Is there a step by step to get the update?? I also read about some knox crap also. Don't know what that is.
Please advise.......
Thanks in advance
Dave
 
jlmancuso
Old
#2  
jlmancuso's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3923
Posts: 3,901
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: houston, tx

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wascapsfan View Post
I'm running Dirty Unicorn 4.3.1 and MK4 and want to root to 4.4 kit kat and load some new roms.
I have tried just wiping and flashing, but I get no data unless i'm on wifi.
Is there a step by step to get the update?? I also read about some knox crap also. Don't know what that is.
Please advise.......
Thanks in advance
Dave
Well if you read most of the 4.4 rom threads you will see you need to use cwm recovery or philz recovery. Since you are using twrp you wont get data to work without going through a few hoops.

Jlmancuso

HTC Og Evo, Evo 3d, kyocera torque and Note II all cloned on cricKet
The Following User Says Thank You to jlmancuso For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
wascapsfan
Old
#3  
wascapsfan's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Posts: 382
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmancuso View Post
Well if you read most of the 4.4 rom threads you will see you need to use cwm recovery or philz recovery. Since you are using twrp you wont get data to work without going through a few hoops.
I did download rom manager and Philz. I just wasn't sure how to get them to override TWRP. Do I just flash Philz??
Thanks so much for chiming in. I've been rooted for several years, but this update flew right by me.
Keep talking......
 
jlmancuso
Old
#4  
jlmancuso's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3923
Posts: 3,901
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: houston, tx

 
DONATE TO ME
Yeah just flash it through ROM manager then reboot into recovery. If it is not philz recovery (although it should be) then you can just flash it in recovery.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jlmancuso

HTC Og Evo, Evo 3d, kyocera torque and Note II all cloned on cricKet
The Following User Says Thank You to jlmancuso For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
wascapsfan
Old
#5  
wascapsfan's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Posts: 382
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmancuso View Post
Yeah just flash it through ROM manager then reboot into recovery. If it is not philz recovery (although it should be) then you can just flash it in recovery.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I downloaded rom manager, but it doesn't seem to override TWRP. I also tried to flash Philz (which I preferred), but I could only try to flash it with TWRP, and of course, it failed.
Do I need to freeze TWRP in Titanium backup ???
 
flynhawn2002
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 105
Join Date: Feb 2012
Please re-download Philz and verify md5 then flash in twrp. After flashing in twrp reboot the recovery within twrp and boom! you have Philz!
The Following User Says Thank You to flynhawn2002 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
wascapsfan
Old
#7  
wascapsfan's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Posts: 382
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynhawn2002 View Post
Please re-download Philz and verify md5 then flash in twrp. After flashing in twrp reboot the recovery within twrp and boom! you have Philz!
Each time I download Philz, I try to flash it, (through TWRP),but it fails.
 
Skripka
Old
#8  
Skripka's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 624
Posts: 1,407
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: On the top Loading Rail
Quote:
Originally Posted by wascapsfan View Post
Each time I download Philz, I try to flash it, (through TWRP),but it fails.
Like you, I could not get TWRP to leave my device (no matter what I tried). Only thing that finally worked was this flasher utility to get CWM:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....recoverytools

Granted I didn't try to Odin PhilZ or CWM but that was about the only thing left I hadn't tried.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skripka For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Dave2582
Old
#9  
Dave2582's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 215
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Boston, MA
I had twrp for a recovery. When I installed DU 4.4.2, I downloaded cwm 6.0.4.3 because I guess twrp and 4.4 roms don't play nice. I actually downloaded the cwm recovery, saved it on my external sd, and booted into twrp recovery, flashed the recovery file for cwm, and it rebooted. I boot back into recovery with cwm on board, and then downloaded whatever 4.4 roms and gapps package that was necessary. It works fine for me.
--------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Rooted
ROM: Dirty Unicorns
Theme: DU
Recovery: CWM v6.0.4.3

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes