Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,580 Members 40,435 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MK809III Advice

Tip us?

walter_sobchak
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default MK809III Advice

Hi There.

I bought this off eBay and received it today.

Firstly I got it up and running with no problems at all. Plugged it in and away I went. Play store works fine. Happy Happy Happy!

Until I tried to install XBMC from their website. I clicked on the android version and 'no SD card' Flashed up. So i searched for the myfiles app and it wasn't there. But there is an explorer app. I opened that and can't access the internal memory at all?? In the eBay listing it says it should have 8GB of internal memory but when I look in the settings it says there is only 0.98GB free??

I've tried to connect the Android stick to my PC but it doesn't even recognise that I have connected it.

Is there something I am doing wrong???

Thank you in advance for any help on unlocking this otherwise great little thing.

riffmetal
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default MK809III

hello I also just purchased one off eBay was going to return but it was still to cool it was suppose to be quad core at 1.8 Ghz with 8 Gb.
it has 2 Gb for the operating system but shows only 4 Gb storage mine was a little strange connecting to pc on android stick I had to check connect to pc under usb in settings each time also if usb debugging is enabled it won't show mount the storage on device

alex01010101
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default same issue

I have the same issue, any help is appreciated, it is out of the box, and if it is a defect should i return it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter_sobchak View Post
Hi There.

I bought this off eBay and received it today.

Firstly I got it up and running with no problems at all. Plugged it in and away I went. Play store works fine. Happy Happy Happy!

Until I tried to install XBMC from their website. I clicked on the android version and 'no SD card' Flashed up. So i searched for the myfiles app and it wasn't there. But there is an explorer app. I opened that and can't access the internal memory at all?? In the eBay listing it says it should have 8GB of internal memory but when I look in the settings it says there is only 0.98GB free??

I've tried to connect the Android stick to my PC but it doesn't even recognise that I have connected it.

Is there something I am doing wrong???

Thank you in advance for any help on unlocking this otherwise great little thing.

riffmetal
Old
Thanks Meter 0
If you still need help let me know I might could help on xbmc I use SPMClibmedia v12.4.0 (SPMC) libmedia it has hardware drivers for video the beta xbmc builds are said to have drivers as well this one seems to work really well for me

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app