FORUMS

[Q] GPS no lock or satellites

114 posts
Thanks Meter: 49

By jdommer, Senior Member on 17th March 2014, 03:48 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I don't seem to ever see any satellites.

I was wondering if there is possibly a setting I could have wrong or if I have to assume there is a hardware problem with the watch. Any advice welcome. I saw Loki's post on speeding up GPS lock but since I never see any satellites, I don't think that has any help. Unfortunately, I don't know how to read the Engineering Location pages. But I'd be happy to pull screenshots or anything in exchange for help.

Thanks
jd

17th March 2014, 05:10 PM |#2  
Flag Sorel-Tracy
Thanks Meter: 8

Donate to Me
More
Did you read the post : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2510696

They is a section for 'Common Issues and Fixes & MISC'

it will refered to Daniel Ortiz post on G+ : https://plus.google.com/u/0/11162807...ts/5UyzcSadTmw
17th March 2014, 06:34 PM |#3  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdommer

I was wondering if there is possibly a setting I could have wrong or if I have to assume there is a hardware problem with the watch. Any advice welcome. I saw Loki's post on speeding up GPS lock but since I never see any satellites, I don't think that has any help. Unfortunately, I don't know how to read the Engineering Location pages. But I'd be happy to pull screenshots or anything in exchange for help.

Thanks
jd

Have you tryed getting a GPS lock with a DatA connection. I was having an issue also but once I tried GPS while connected to wifi the watch received the GPS data it needed quickly. Once that happen my GPS was fine. I used GPS status from the PS. To track the sat.
17th March 2014, 07:35 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhineymac

Have you tryed getting a GPS lock with a DatA connection. I was having an issue also but once I tried GPS while connected to wifi the watch received the GPS data it needed quickly. Once that happen my GPS was fine. I used GPS status from the PS. To track the sat.

Tried with and without data. With and without airplane mode. I tried following Loki's guide. But no matter how long I'm outside with clear view of sky, no matter which app I use, I never see a single satellite. I'm beginning to think the antenna might not be connected inside the watch.

17th March 2014, 08:01 PM |#5  

More
thats a possibility. there have been others with ant not connected or bad connections. i backed three ts. the one on my wrist works without issue. the one a gave to my buddy seems to be without issue. i have one more that i havent turned on yet. but whats the chances of all three being without issue. I backed nov std ed. i recieved Dev numbered ed
The Following User Says Thank You to rhineymac For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th March 2014, 08:19 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:

I'm in the same situation as you. One day, the GPS stopped working, until today. I have tried 'GPS fix' and similar apps from Google Play, but none of them seem to work. As you, I think this is a hardware problem, but I don´t know how to check or fix it.
17th March 2014, 10:45 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by huelvy

I'm in the same situation as you. One day, the GPS stopped working, until today. I have tried 'GPS fix' and similar apps from Google Play, but none of them seem to work. As you, I think this is a hardware problem, but I don´t know how to check or fix it.

Others have experienced this. it is a bad connection with the ant. or the connection is broken off in the strap. It seems that everyday there are more and more issues.
17th March 2014, 11:00 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago

More
I checked the antenna connector inside the watch. Popped it off and felt it click back on, but still no luck.
19th March 2014, 05:11 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago

More
Found the problem. It looks as though the GPS antenna connector cannot be touching the metal shield of the component right next to it. Of course, the wire comes out of the band directly over this piece and folds over it to reach the connector. Currently I'm insulating it with a torn off piece of paper. If it happens again, I'll try some kind of tape.
19th March 2014, 07:25 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 165

More
The brass metal plug was touching the side of the round black component (vibration motor) ?

I suggested this might be the problem to others with poor wifi and BT reception, but word that came back was that there was no contact. That plug can rotate over to touch the metal !

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
19th March 2014, 07:43 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:

Found the problem. It looks as though the GPS antenna connector cannot be touching the metal shield of the component right next to it. Of course, the wire comes out of the band directly over this piece and folds over it to reach the connector. Currently I'm insulating it with a torn off piece of paper. If it happens again, I'll try some kind of tape.

Please. could you upload a picture or a small scheme of what you've done? I don´t know how to try to repair it. Thanks.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)