FORUMS

What Features Do You Look for in a Gallery App?

With so many different options to choose from, finding the right Gallery app may be a … more

Google Photos ‘Unlimited’ Storage Reportedly Being Capped

When Google Photos was announced, many of us thought very highly … more

Sprint Moves to Lift Video Streaming Limit for All-In

Yesterday, Sprint announced a new unlimited scheme that offered customers an … more

Xiaomi Releases Kernel Source Code For Mi4i

If you’ve been following the XDA News Portal lately, you might have noticed an … more

Bad WiFi and Bluetooth connection

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Urgento22, Junior Member on 16th March 2014, 05:17 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I was thinking of taking the Omate Truesmart to a computer repair place to see if they can fix the bed wifi connectio in my TS or should I wait for the next OTA date?

16th March 2014, 05:27 AM |#2  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Olympus Mons, Mars
Thanks Meter: 3,310

Donate to Me
More
Wifi and BT use the same connector. Forget the pc repair shop, a phone repair shop is a safer option.
17th March 2014, 12:43 AM |#3  
Flag Mountain View
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz

Wifi and BT use the same connector. Forget the pc repair shop, a phone repair shop is a safer option.

Yeah my wifi is no where near as good as my phone's. Since my bluetooth's range (about 2 feet) is also horrible, I figure the wifi is worse than it should be as well. Tried to play around with the connection a few times but it's still not getting better unfortunately. A phone repair shop might be a good idea.
17th March 2014, 03:20 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eozdalga

Yeah my wifi is no where near as good as my phone's. Since my bluetooth's range (about 2 feet) is also horrible, I figure the wifi is worse than it should be as well. Tried to play around with the connection a few times but it's still not getting better unfortunately. A phone repair shop might be a good idea.

The wifi reception on my ts is very good. I can go outside of my house,approx 25 feet from my router and still have two bars of wifi. So it as most definitely your device. You should do as Loki suggested and find a repair shop. By the time Omate has a repair shop set up there will be a ts13
17th March 2014, 03:41 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhineymac

The wifi reception on my ts is very good. I can go outside of my house,approx 25 feet from my router and still have two bars of wifi. So it as most definitely your device. You should do as Loki suggested and find a repair shop. By the time Omate has a repair shop set up there will be a ts13

In the thread [Q] Bluetooth poor connexion with wireless heaphones/speakers reseatting the connectors of the antenna in the TrueSmart did not solve the issue for everybody. (It did for one person).

Could it be an issue with the antenna in the bracelet, as show in this page?

http://liliputing.com/2014/01/omate-...mers-soon.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	omate_03-125x88.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	4.1 KB
ID:	2634511  
17th March 2014, 09:40 AM |#6  
Flag Mountain View

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pascalforget

In the thread [Q] Bluetooth poor connexion with wireless heaphones/speakers reseatting the connectors of the antenna in the TrueSmart did not solve the issue for everybody. (It did for one person).

Could it be an issue with the antenna in the bracelet, as show in this page?

http://liliputing.com/2014/01/omate-...mers-soon.html

Interesting pictures. Something there would explain why it's not working.

Is there anyway to safely get to this area in the strap?
Last edited by eozdalga; 17th March 2014 at 09:48 AM.
17th March 2014, 05:30 PM |#7  

More
I guess you either take it to a repair shop and they open it up and have a look. Or you can wait for omate and there repair center. But considering omates timetable with everything at this point, I would expect not to see any sort of repairs or returns from omate for a very very very long time
17th March 2014, 09:25 PM |#8  
Flag Mountain View

More
Quote:

I guess you either take it to a repair shop and they open it up and have a look. Or you can wait for omate and there repair center. But considering omates timetable with everything at this point, I would expect not to see any sort of repairs or returns from omate for a very very very long time

Got a reply from Omate today. They said I would have to wait "months" until they have a repair center set up. Alternatively, I could mail it to them in China, they would test it and send a replacement. They send no timetable for this.

I also called a couple phone repair stores but they didn't think they could handle this as they can't get replacement parts. Also, if its a issue with the sensor in the strap, I'm assuming that they couldn't get there or replace it anyway.

Any thoughts appreciated.
17th March 2014, 09:41 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eozdalga

Got a reply from Omate today. They said I would have to wait "months" until they have a repair center set up. Alternatively, I could mail it to them in China, they would test it and send a replacement. They send no timetable for this.

I also called a couple phone repair stores but they didn't think they could handle this as they can't get replacement parts. Also, if its a issue with the sensor in the strap, I'm assuming that they couldn't get there or replace it anyway.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Most likely your left with two choices then. wait for a repair center. Or take your chances mailing it to china. i will offer this bit of advice. As im sure you know not all backers have been shipped to as of yet. So even if your ts makes it to omate, you will most likely be last on the list to get a new watch. At least until all backers are shipped to. Neither choice looks good. You have waited all this time and either way you will have to wait longer to have a working watch.
I know of one person that shipped his watch back to omate. It took about 3 weeks to a month for omate to recieve it. They still havent shipped him out a replacement. Another person shipped it to them, omate told him it wasnt covered under warrenty, i believe he opened the back and got it wet. Now he has no working watch and no broken watch. Im sorry i cant offer better news. Thers one selling on ebay for $90 cnd
17th March 2014, 09:54 PM |#10  
Flag Mountain View

More
Quote:

Most likely your left with two choices then. wait for a repair center. Or take your chances mailing it to china. i will offer this bit of advice. As im sure you know not all backers have been shipped to as of yet. So even if your ts makes it to omate, you will most likely be last on the list to get a new watch. At least until all backers are shipped to. Neither choice looks good. You have waited all this time and either way you will have to wait longer to have a working watch.
I know of one person that shipped his watch back to omate. It took about 3 weeks to a month for omate to recieve it. They still havent shipped him out a replacement. Another person shipped it to them, omate told him it wasnt covered under warrenty, i believe he opened the back and got it wet. Now he has no working watch and no broken watch. Im sorry i cant offer better news. Thers one selling on ebay for $90 cnd

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. There's no way I'd just send it to them after all the waiting to get it in the first place. Cheapest thing I see on ebay is one for $250 with a broken screen!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread