Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,501 Members 47,243 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Chromecast suddenly stopped playing Showbox links

Tip us?

birkholze
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Default Chromecast suddenly stopped playing Showbox links

Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem and if there's a known reason for it or solution to fix it.

A couple of days ago, my Chromecast quit playing links from Showbox and I can't figure out why. I used to get a show or movie here or there that Avia would say isn't compatible but now it's suddenly showing the error for literally everything I click, even episodes I successfully played a couple of days ago. It's not a shoebox issue because Avia will play the video until I hit the cast button.

Thinking it was my phone or Avia, I tried my wife's phone and Allcast with no success. I also thought maybe a Chromecast OTA broke compatibility, but I'm still on 15250. I even tried a factory rest on the Chromecast and wiping data on the apps involved.

I'm just out of ideas at this point. Anyone know what could be going on?

My wife and I both have Nexus 5's. She's stock and I'm on Paranoid Android.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

wptski
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by birkholze View Post
Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem and if there's a known reason for it or solution to fix it.

A couple of days ago, my Chromecast quit playing links from Showbox and I can't figure out why. I used to get a show or movie here or there that Avia would say isn't compatible but now it's suddenly showing the error for literally everything I click, even episodes I successfully played a couple of days ago. It's not a shoebox issue because Avia will play the video until I hit the cast button.

Thinking it was my phone or Avia, I tried my wife's phone and Allcast with no success. I also thought maybe a Chromecast OTA broke compatibility, but I'm still on 15250. I even tried a factory rest on the Chromecast and wiping data on the apps involved.

I'm just out of ideas at this point. Anyone know what could be going on?

My wife and I both have Nexus 5's. She's stock and I'm on Paranoid Android.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
That app isn't talked about here and a Mod will lock or delete this thread.
Nexus 10 32GB Buttered Manta AOKP 4.3 ROM with KTManta kernel
Dell Streak 7 WiFi Unofficial CM 10.1
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wptski For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Unreadhyperion
Old
Thanks Meter 10
^ this

justmpm
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2358
Sorry but showbox isn't allowed on xda because it violates copyrights and posting about it may get you and xda in trouble.
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe