Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,048 Members 45,744 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Water between glass and display

Tip us?

GTnik
Old
(Last edited by GTnik; 12th March 2014 at 10:06 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Tablet Water between glass and display

Hello guys!
I have problems with touchscreen, like here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wc-...ature=youtu.be
I think that there is some water between glass and screen.
Any ideas how to delete it from there?
Help please!

graphdarnell
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTnik View Post
Hello guys!
I have problems with touchscreen, like here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wc-...ature=youtu.be
I think that there is some water between glass and screen.
Any ideas how to delete it from there?
Help please!
Short of your spilling liquid on the tab, or using it in a steam room, I can't see how it can seep in between the two glasses. Anyhow, I think you would have to take apart the tab before you can remove the moisture.

If you're willing to do that, and the display assembly is original, the lcd is taped to the back of the digitizer. Since the original double-sided tape is not porous enough for steam to filter through quickly, heating the glass from outside will cause the moisture to evaporate, and condense into drops again at the top of the lcd.

What you need to do is slice a small opening through the tape at the top so there's some space between the glasses, then heat up the front surface. Once the moisture's all gone, press the glasses back together gently. It doesn't take much pressure for one to stick to the other. You want to close the opening to prevent dust particles from getting blown in. That should take care of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to graphdarnell For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GTnik
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphdarnell View Post
Short of your spilling liquid on the tab, or using it in a steam room, I can't see how it can seep in between the two glasses. Anyhow, I think you would have to take apart the tab before you can remove the moisture.

If you're willing to do that, and the display assembly is original, the lcd is taped to the back of the digitizer. Since the original double-sided tape is not porous enough for steam to filter through quickly, heating the glass from outside will cause the moisture to evaporate, and condense into drops again at the top of the lcd.

What you need to do is slice a small opening through the tape at the top so there's some space between the glasses, then heat up the front surface. Once the moisture's all gone, press the glasses back together gently. It doesn't take much pressure for one to stick to the other. You want to close the opening to prevent dust particles from getting blown in. That should take care of it.
Ok, i will try today!
If I press on glass in some places with turned off screen, i see rainbow spot. I think that water is there after I had installed srceen protector in bathroom with steam.