Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more
Tablet

Water between glass and display

12th March 2014, 10:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Minsk
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
More
Hello guys!
I have problems with touchscreen, like here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wc-...ature=youtu.be
I think that there is some water between glass and screen.
Any ideas how to delete it from there?
Help please!
Last edited by GTnik; 12th March 2014 at 10:06 PM.
13th March 2014, 07:16 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 117

517 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTnik

Hello guys!
I have problems with touchscreen, like here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wc-...ature=youtu.be
I think that there is some water between glass and screen.
Any ideas how to delete it from there?
Help please!

Short of your spilling liquid on the tab, or using it in a steam room, I can't see how it can seep in between the two glasses. Anyhow, I think you would have to take apart the tab before you can remove the moisture.

If you're willing to do that, and the display assembly is original, the lcd is taped to the back of the digitizer. Since the original double-sided tape is not porous enough for steam to filter through quickly, heating the glass from outside will cause the moisture to evaporate, and condense into drops again at the top of the lcd.

What you need to do is slice a small opening through the tape at the top so there's some space between the glasses, then heat up the front surface. Once the moisture's all gone, press the glasses back together gently. It doesn't take much pressure for one to stick to the other. You want to close the opening to prevent dust particles from getting blown in. That should take care of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to graphdarnell For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th March 2014, 03:23 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Minsk
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
More
Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphdarnell

Short of your spilling liquid on the tab, or using it in a steam room, I can't see how it can seep in between the two glasses. Anyhow, I think you would have to take apart the tab before you can remove the moisture.

If you're willing to do that, and the display assembly is original, the lcd is taped to the back of the digitizer. Since the original double-sided tape is not porous enough for steam to filter through quickly, heating the glass from outside will cause the moisture to evaporate, and condense into drops again at the top of the lcd.

What you need to do is slice a small opening through the tape at the top so there's some space between the glasses, then heat up the front surface. Once the moisture's all gone, press the glasses back together gently. It doesn't take much pressure for one to stick to the other. You want to close the opening to prevent dust particles from getting blown in. That should take care of it.

Ok, i will try today!
If I press on glass in some places with turned off screen, i see rainbow spot. I think that water is there after I had installed srceen protector in bathroom with steam.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread