Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

(SOLVED) Help! My note 3 no longer auto rotates screen.

3rd April 2014, 03:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

23 posts
For some reason, the auto rotate function has stopped working. I'm rooted on a stock 4.4 Rom. The situation occurred after I was removing some bloat ware using titanium backup. I first assumed I must have dropped it, causing sine damage to one or more of the sensors. I've downloaded numerous sensor testing apps and checked *#0*#, and saw that all the sensors are working (or reporting they're working at least.). What can I do to get auto screen rotation working again, without having to use a third party app?
Last edited by aimgrabber; 4th April 2014 at 04:07 AM.
3rd April 2014, 04:08 AM   |  #2  
Flag Tampa Bay
Thanks Meter: 11,890

6,838 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimgrabber

For some reason, the auto rotate function has stopped working. I'm rooted on a stock 4.4 Rom. The situation occurred after I was removing some bloat ware using titanium backup. I first assumed I must have dropped it, causing sine damage to one or more of the sensors. I've downloaded numerous sensor testing apps and checked *#0*#, and saw that all the sensors are working (or reporting they're working at least.). What can I do to get auto screen rotation working again, without having to use a third party app?

Please show me your about phone...

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
3rd April 2014, 04:14 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by micmars

Please show me your about phone...

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-02-22-10-55.png
Views:	923
Size:	171.0 KB
ID:	2665432
3rd April 2014, 04:32 AM   |  #4  
Flag Tampa Bay

6,838 posts
More
OK...
Quote:

Attachment 2665432

Alright, you're rooted, running a stock kernel and everything is in alignment (baseband, ROM build number, &c).

Try factory resetting your device, and perhaps installing a stock DeOdex or Odex rom on the dev forum, and see if that doesn't get you back.

I appreciate you showing the screen, but it provides some info that many do not state in their initial post.

I assume you've checked all of the normal places in settings (i think there is a toggle in the pulldown menu for autorotae on/off)).

Good luck, definitely sucks.
3rd April 2014, 04:38 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

23 posts
Quote:

Alright, you're rooted, running a stock kernel and everything is in alignment (baseband, ROM build number, &c).

Try factory resetting your device, and perhaps installing a stock DeOdex or Odex rom on the dev forum, and see if that doesn't get you back.

I appreciate you showing the screen, but it provides some info that many do not state in their initial post.

I assume you've checked all of the normal places in settings (i think there is a toggle in the pulldown menu for autorotae on/off)).

Good luck, definitely sucks.

I've done a factory reset, and the problem persists. I've made sure the screen rotate toggle is on, and in apps like YouTube where orientation is forced into landscape, if I turn the phone horizontal, the orientation will change. It seems like I just can't get the screen to change into landscape automatically.
3rd April 2014, 04:43 AM   |  #6  
Flag Tampa Bay

6,838 posts
More
So...
Quote:

I've done a factory reset, and the problem persists. I've made sure the screen rotate toggle is on, and in apps like YouTube where orientation is forced into landscape, if I turn the phone horizontal, the orientation will change. It seems like I just can't get the screen to change into landscape automatically.

So, it works in-app for YouTube when forced (say a video on an app when viewed from the play store), but not when in, say, the stock phone app? Please confirm same.
3rd April 2014, 04:48 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

23 posts
Quote:

So, it works in-app for YouTube when forced (say a video on an app when viewed from the play store), but not when in, say, the stock phone app? Please confirm same.

I just tried the youtube app, When I put the phone in lanscape orientation, there is no change in the screen. If I tap the enlarge button for the youtube app, it will be forced into landscape mode. From there, when I put the phone back into portrait position, it will automatically change, as if the phone was working normally.
3rd April 2014, 04:52 AM   |  #8  
Flag Tampa Bay

6,838 posts
More
What about the Phone App
Quote:

I just tried the youtube app, When I put the phone in lanscape orientation, there is no change in the screen. If I tap the enlarge button for the youtube app, it will be forced into landscape mode. From there, when I put the phone back into portrait position, it will automatically change, as if the phone was working normally.

It would be helpful to know the details requested; namely, your phone app (stock phone, nothing else, not concerned with YouTube at the moment, as we can tackle that later).

Thanks!
Last edited by micmars; 3rd April 2014 at 06:50 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to micmars For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd April 2014, 09:00 PM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor
dantes inferno
Thanks Meter: 1,782

3,335 posts
Donate to Me
More
WAIT i know your issue.....did you delete the samsung hub apk? write back i can fix your issue in 5 minutes no need to reset anything.

do this

1 extract libgnustl_shared.so from system>lib of your rom's zip.
2. Copy and paste to System>>lib and change permission to rw-r--r--
3. Reboot

dont ask me why but deleting hub deletes that lib. its need for auto rotation. i did the same thing.took me forever to figure that out .
Last edited by kaos420; 3rd April 2014 at 09:05 PM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kaos420 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd April 2014, 09:04 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos420

WAIT i know your issue.....did you delete the samsung hub apk? write back i can fix your issue in 5 minutes no need to reset anything.

Crap, I actually did, pretty much right before the problem occurred.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread