Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,832 Members 51,647 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Guide] Text-To-Speech (TTS) in (almost) any language

Tip us?

rsb007
Old
(Last edited by rsb007; 13th December 2013 at 01:07 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
Default [Guide] Text-To-Speech (TTS) in (almost) any language

First of all, sorry for my english. I know thats not so good, but I think you can understand it

In this guide I'll teach how to install almost any TTS language (non-robotic) so your device can read things in your native language without problems.

1) Plug your device on computer and create a folder named VocalizerEx
2) Download and install on your device the attached APK
3) Visit this website and download your language. It will be better if you download Premium High
3) Rename that file adding .zip at the end and open it
4) Extract all files and folders of the zip to this folder (created on Step 1)
(Now you can unplug your device)
5) On your device, go to Settings > Language and Input > Text-to-speech output and then select VocalizerEx TTS

Done, now your device speaks your language !

Please, hit THANKS if it helped you
Attached Files
File Type: apk vocalizer_e.tts_1.0.2.3g.apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.43 MB, 360 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rsb007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Talaki
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thx a lot ! works fine with igo primo

Bright.Light
Old
(Last edited by Bright.Light; 10th March 2014 at 08:53 AM.)
Thanks Meter 23
Sorry, but it didn't work on AOSB KitKat.

I have several folder (dun, eng, frf, ged, ...) in the ExtSdCard\VocalizerEx folder, installed the APK.

I can select VocalizerEx TTS in the text output, but in the settings the language selection is disabled.
So, I tried to change the Voice data folder in the settings to the folder I put the voices in. Still, it didn't work, even after selecting another engine and back to reinitialize the VocalizerEx TTS engine.

Can anyone help me with this?

Edit: Got it working, somehow the appplication doesn't look for the correct folder, despite the possibility to put the voice data on SD card.

Now I have to get iGo with Dutch TTS voice going with this - strange thing is that iGo ONLY works when the Google TTS engine with English language is selected... If not, there is no way to select a TTS voice in iGo.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (WW), AOSB 1.3.0 , PhilZ Touch 6, CyanogenMod 11.2.0, Android KitKat version 4.4.2
HTC One X (WW) CWM, ViperX ROM - broken screen
ASUS TF300T (WW, Unlocked, CWM, Rooted JB OTA)
HTC Touch HD 2 T8585 (flashed to Android)
Hitting 'thanks' is completely free and friendly!