Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,460 Members 40,206 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

hot to install new custom rom on old custom rom?

Tip us?

siddharthnyk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Post hot to install new custom rom on old custom rom?

i have roooted my phone..have installed a custom rom (revolution rom) on ma xperia mini pro sk17i..now i want to put some other rom..so how do i enter into cwm mode? its not entering into cwm mode..boot loader is unlocked. i want to install new rom now..have installedd evrythng already..but its not entering into cwm mode.. plzz guide..
The Following User Says Thank You to siddharthnyk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mihahn
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2150
You have to flash a custom kernel that has cwm implemented

Read my guide on how to install a custom rom/kernel, it should help you

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.2.2

Devices/Links/Information:

Device:Google Nexus 4 8gb
ROM:Stock Android 4.4.2 [KOT49H]

Device:Google Nexus 7 32gb
ROM:Stock Android 4.4.2 [KRT16O]

Device:Xperia Mini Pro SK17i
ROM: Super Jelly Bean 8.0
Kernel:nAa 2.6 [CWM]

Device:Raspberry Pi Model B

For a Rooting Guide for xperia 2011 devices, click me! | To unlock the Bootloader, click me! | How to install a custom kernel/rom? Click me | Super Jelly Bean 8.0 for xperia mdpi

Bishal Pranto Roy
Old
Thanks Meter 533

DONATE TO ME
Question possible.....???

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthnyk View Post
i have roooted my phone..have installed a custom rom (revolution rom) on ma xperia mini pro sk17i..now i want to put some other rom..so how do i enter into cwm mode? its not entering into cwm mode..boot loader is unlocked. i want to install new rom now..have installedd evrythng already..but its not entering into cwm mode.. plzz guide..
if u can't enter cwm how did u flashed custom rom?

karthi1
Old
Thanks Meter 40

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
If you are in Locked bootloader , install CWM Recovery once again and now it should work........

< I Hope u once installed CWM Recovery in Stock rom to Install your custom Rom >

luiscedillo80
Old
Thanks Meter 30

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
i have roooted my phone..have installed a custom rom (revolution rom) on ..
Hey bro one tip: remember CWM mode is in kernel.you need to install a kernel to enter in CWM mode. If you have unlocked bootloader dont need install CWM app. Put on the search bar "how to install kernel"
Press thnks if I help to your mind.

Sent from my SK17i using xda premium
Xperia~Man Old
Thanks Meter
look man :

You are on locked bootloader . also when you flash this Rom you format your System through CWM . so your CWM gone .

Solution . if you don't want to Flash it every time you flash a new Rom Unlock your bootloader and install a custom Kerne like LuPuS or Kappa or any Kernel in Development section

if you will still locked . flash it every time you flash a new Rom

Hope this helped

helix512
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default flash

I have Asylum ROM on my GT-N7000 and i was thinking of using SLIM. do i need to restore my GT-N7000 back to the factory ROM before i can use the SLIM ROM on it?

Thanks