Post hot to install new custom rom on old custom rom?

OP siddharthnyk

24th June 2013, 12:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

1 posts
i have roooted my phone..have installed a custom rom (revolution rom) on ma xperia mini pro sk17i..now i want to put some other rom..so how do i enter into cwm mode? its not entering into cwm mode..boot loader is unlocked. i want to install new rom now..have installedd evrythng already..but its not entering into cwm mode.. plzz guide..
The Following User Says Thank You to siddharthnyk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th June 2013, 01:49 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,187

3,228 posts
More
You have to flash a custom kernel that has cwm implemented

Read my guide on how to install a custom rom/kernel, it should help you

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.2.2
1st July 2013, 09:03 AM   |  #3  
Flag 2538′56.8145″N 8838′54.9646″E
Thanks Meter: 536

1,098 posts
Donate to Me
More
Question possible.....???
Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthnyk

i have roooted my phone..have installed a custom rom (revolution rom) on ma xperia mini pro sk17i..now i want to put some other rom..so how do i enter into cwm mode? its not entering into cwm mode..boot loader is unlocked. i want to install new rom now..have installedd evrythng already..but its not entering into cwm mode.. plzz guide..

if u can't enter cwm how did u flashed custom rom?
1st July 2013, 07:22 PM   |  #4  
Flag Coimbatore
Thanks Meter: 40

98 posts
Donate to Me
More
Smile
Quote:

If you are in Locked bootloader , install CWM Recovery once again and now it should work........

< I Hope u once installed CWM Recovery in Stock rom to Install your custom Rom >
2nd July 2013, 08:00 AM   |  #5  
Flag lagos de moreno
Thanks Meter: 33

127 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

i have roooted my phone..have installed a custom rom (revolution rom) on ..

Hey bro one tip: remember CWM mode is in kernel.you need to install a kernel to enter in CWM mode. If you have unlocked bootloader dont need install CWM app. Put on the search bar "how to install kernel"
Press thnks if I help to your mind.

Sent from my SK17i using xda premium
Xperia~Man
3rd July 2013, 07:32 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
look man :

You are on locked bootloader . also when you flash this Rom you format your System through CWM . so your CWM gone .

Solution . if you don't want to Flash it every time you flash a new Rom Unlock your bootloader and install a custom Kerne like LuPuS or Kappa or any Kernel in Development section

if you will still locked . flash it every time you flash a new Rom

Hope this helped
10th March 2014, 09:20 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
flash
I have Asylum ROM on my GT-N7000 and i was thinking of using SLIM. do i need to restore my GT-N7000 back to the factory ROM before i can use the SLIM ROM on it?

Thanks

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread