APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Issues after updating to kitkat

OP drocksmash

10th March 2014, 05:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
80 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Hello,

I have a note 3 and galaxy gear. After updating to kitkat I have this problem with the phone constantly notifying me of new emails, even though I have already acknowledged the email. Prior to updating, I was able to swipe the new email notification and It would not renotify me until a new email was received, now after about every 15 mins I get a notification to my phone and my gear saying there is a new email even though its the same email as before.

The only way to stop my phone from renotifying me is to delete the email completely. I have ensured that Gmail notifactions are off, and am only using the email samsung app.

This was working fine before but now I am going crazy and not even wearing my watch because it is so damn annoying.
10th March 2014, 10:34 AM   |  #2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
80 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by drocksmash

Hello,

I have a note 3 and galaxy gear. After updating to kitkat I have this problem with the phone constantly notifying me of new emails, even though I have already acknowledged the email. Prior to updating, I was able to swipe the new email notification and It would not renotify me until a new email was received, now after about every 15 mins I get a notification to my phone and my gear saying there is a new email even though its the same email as before.

The only way to stop my phone from renotifying me is to delete the email completely. I have ensured that Gmail notifactions are off, and am only using the email samsung app.

This was working fine before but now I am going crazy and not even wearing my watch because it is so damn annoying.

update.

I have removed the gmail account from the 'accounts' area of settings and re added it. I am still getting a notice of new emails every 15 mins (the sync setting) regardless of having a new email or not.

I cannot find anyone else having this issue... and i have 5 email accounts tied to this phone, and only the primary/default account is having this persistent notification issue.

Any ideas?
11th March 2014, 07:20 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
80 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by drocksmash

update.

I have removed the gmail account from the 'accounts' area of settings and re added it. I am still getting a notice of new emails every 15 mins (the sync setting) regardless of having a new email or not.

I cannot find anyone else having this issue... and i have 5 email accounts tied to this phone, and only the primary/default account is having this persistent notification issue.

Any ideas?

I have also cleared all data and cache for the email app.... as soon as I add my gmail account it starts notifying me every sync of the first email in my inbox.

I guess I am going to go to tmobile and get a new phone unless anyone has any other ideas.
11th March 2014, 01:12 PM   |  #4  
louforgiveno's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 604
 
1,599 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by drocksmash

I have also cleared all data and cache for the email app.... as soon as I add my gmail account it starts notifying me every sync of the first email in my inbox.

I guess I am going to go to tmobile and get a new phone unless anyone has any other ideas.

idk....try logging into gmail on a pc and make sure you're using IMAP protocol and not POP3....google the terms if you're not familiar
good luck...
11th March 2014, 02:02 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
80 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by louforgiveno

idk....try logging into gmail on a pc and make sure you're using IMAP protocol and not POP3....google the terms if you're not familiar
good luck...




I checked my gmail settings from a computer, and it shows IMAP and POP enabled.

For some odd reason it appears the issue may have been resolved, and I have not modified anything since again deleting the data/cache.

Should POP be disabled and only IMAP enabled? the phone is set up to utilize IMAP not POP.
11th March 2014, 02:06 PM   |  #6  
BACARDILIMON's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag MASTIC BEACH NY
Thanks Meter: 1,125
 
3,533 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drocksmash

I checked my gmail settings from a computer, and it shows IMAP and POP enabled.

For some odd reason it appears the issue may have been resolved, and I have not modified anything since again deleting the data/cache.

Should POP be disabled and only IMAP enabled? the phone is set up to utilize IMAP not POP.

Your phone had a hiccup. Not a hardware issue. It happened from time to time. It self fixed itself when it got caught up.



TWEAKED 2.0 ELEMENT V3.0 NOTE 3
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes