Anyone got Droid VNC Server working and able to view from PC?

OP itm

1st January 2013, 01:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9

857 posts
I've got Droid VNC Server up and running on my Nexus 7 but when I open a RealVNC viewer from a Windows 7 PC I get a scrambled display. I've tried all of the display settings on the VNC Server on the Nexus but none seem to work.
Has anyone managed to get this working on the Nexus?
1st January 2013, 11:42 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 54

194 posts
More
I think this indicates a bug getting the screenshot, it's most likely the pixel buffer length is different from the display width.

I will send you a private message for another app that works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itm

I've got Droid VNC Server up and running on my Nexus 7 but when I open a RealVNC viewer from a Windows 7 PC I get a scrambled display. I've tried all of the display settings on the VNC Server on the Nexus but none seem to work.
Has anyone managed to get this working on the Nexus?

2nd January 2013, 12:56 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hi guys -

Firstly Happy New Year to you all

My uncle has a Nexus 7 and I would like to remote control it from my pc incase he gets into difficulties etc ... any ideas on the best app for this?

thanks in advance :0)

Ian
4th January 2013, 02:37 AM   |  #4  

194 posts
More
As far as I know, only our app, VMLite VNC Server, supports Android 4.2 at this point, you can try it, but it's not free, available from google store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianfitzgibbon

Hi guys -

Firstly Happy New Year to you all

My uncle has a Nexus 7 and I would like to remote control it from my pc incase he gets into difficulties etc ... any ideas on the best app for this?

thanks in advance :0)

Ian

4th January 2013, 10:55 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

857 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by huisinro

As far as I know, only our app, VMLite VNC Server, supports Android 4.2 at this point, you can try it, but it's not free, available from google store.

Not working on the Nexus 7 - both server and VNC viewer client hang.
5th January 2013, 03:43 AM   |  #6  

194 posts
More
can you email? We have many users using Nexus 7 and works well, so I will work with you to make sure it works, might be some configuration issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itm

Not working on the Nexus 7 - both server and VNC viewer client hang.

5th January 2013, 06:48 AM   |  #7  
Flag Cardiff
Thanks Meter: 119

383 posts
Donate to Me
More
+1 to this, I've tried just about every VNC server app out there and none have worked so far on the N7 running 4.2. Really would like the ability to have control from the PC. I always have my phone up on the desktop when using it. So much easier than having to look at it to answer messages.
5th January 2013, 06:45 PM   |  #8  

194 posts
More
Did you try our paid app, vmlite vnc server? People are using it on N7 with Android 4.2, works very well and we tested it on daily basis.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ncserver&hl=en

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIIkoolaidIIII

+1 to this, I've tried just about every VNC server app out there and none have worked so far on the N7 running 4.2. Really would like the ability to have control from the PC. I always have my phone up on the desktop when using it. So much easier than having to look at it to answer messages.

5th January 2013, 08:06 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

857 posts
Quote:

Did you try our paid app, vmlite vnc server? People are using it on N7 with Android 4.2, works very well and we tested it on daily basis.

The need to hook up the tablet to a PC with a USB cable after every reboot to restart the server means this isn't a great solution even if it can be made to work on the Nexus 7.
6th January 2013, 09:59 PM   |  #10  
Flag Cardiff
Thanks Meter: 119

383 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by itm

The need to hook up the tablet to a PC with a USB cable after every reboot to restart the server means this isn't a great solution even if it can be made to work on the Nexus 7.

I noticed it but as the above user stated. It's too inconvenient having to connect to a pc to start it. Defeats the whole point of having it. Can easily mirror the device when it's tethered to the PC. If just like standard VNC server to work with 4.2 as it used to.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread