Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 47,556 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] battery fully drained and phone isn't charging or powering on

Tip us?
 
FadyGZ
Old
(Last edited by FadyGZ; 7th March 2014 at 12:46 PM.) Reason: update
#1  
FadyGZ's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 19
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Cairo

 
DONATE TO ME
Unhappy [Q] battery fully drained and phone isn't charging or powering on

My Moto G which I bought from Saudi Arabia 2 days ago before coming back to Egypt for good has the following scenario:

Note: I'm using the original moto g charger "500 mah" that came in the box with my phone.

1st 100% charge overnight, then lasted almost 14 hrs.
2nd overnight charge, only did 95% "even tho it was plugged for 7-8 hrs" and lasted 7 hrs before battery go to zero level and device shut down.

when my phone shut down, it got stuck at the coma status, I tried every method mentioned in this post but the "waiting till the next day method" and nothing did work.

methods I used: freezer, fridge, 18 sec power on, 1 minute power on, 2-3-4 minutes power on and even the exact method on Motorola website and that method one member suggested to blug in the headphone while trying to power on or charge.
chargers I used with every method: Moto G 500 mah, Alcatel 550 mah, Galaxy Tab 7 2ah and Blackberry USB cable on computer.

result, nothing! phone still dead, and i can't return it cause I'm in a different country now and we don't even have it yet here.

my Moto G is 16GB, dual sim and running stock Kit Kat 4.4 which is available for the phone. no modified roms or any other dev setting was applied, the phone wasn't rooted. it's just like out of the box, few apps installed "some of them are downloaded from the internet" and stock upgraded to kit kat.

before hitting the zero level, the phone was charged for few minutes on a samsung charger, most probably it's for a note 3. when it went off I tried a car charger "bleackberry" for few minutes which gave me 3 pulse led white notification and nothing else.

I guess this shouldn't be related to the situation, but I'm using a data sim as sim 2 for internet and sim 1 for calls only. phone internet is running on H+ most of the time, 3G the if not H+.
I'm going to wait till tomorrow and try again, hopefully it works. but if anyone got any ideas or solutions PLEASE go on and reply with it even if you're not sure or if it's a crazy idea out of the box.

I only used the phone for 2 days I had VERY high expectations for this phone

(Update 1) I left the phone unplugged for 12 hours, plugged it in the 550mah charger for 2-3 hours, pressed the power button 1-2-3 minutes and no results still. also motorola Asia didn't reply to my email yet.

(Update 2) I unplugged the battery and put it back on, still nothing. some guy told me to connect it to a box and restore the software back to Jellybean and that the box should be capable of booting the phone up. will try that and refer back to you.
 
Mamoun14
Old
(Last edited by Mamoun14; 27th February 2014 at 01:28 AM.)
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 33
Join Date: Aug 2011
I really hope you find a solution for this, since I'm an Egyptian too who is interested greatly in moto g and may take the plunge of buying it from amazon, this really freaks me out.

I haven't read all the posts in the other topic on this subject but from what I read on other websites and could be mentioned before, you can try the following:

Plug a higher mAH charger (suggested 850 for example or 5V 2A charger) as it was probably with your blackberry car charger, then hold the power button for 2 minutes, If the LED blinks keep it charging for 10 minutes.

No idea If it would work or not of course.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mamoun14 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
FadyGZ
Old
#3  
FadyGZ's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 19
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Cairo

 
DONATE TO ME
Default I did so :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamoun14 View Post
I really hope you find a solution for this, since I'm an Egyptian too who is interested greatly in moto g and may take the plunge of buying it from amazon, this really freaks me out.

I haven't read all the posts in the other topic on this subject but from what I read on other websites and could be mentioned before, you can try the following:

Plug a higher mAH charger (suggested 850 for example) as it was probably with your blackberry car charger, then hold the power button for 2 minutes, If the LED blinks wait 10 minutes after that.

No idea If it would work or not of course.
Thank you bro, I know u get the whole pic.. I did actually try the car charger for almost 30-40 minutes but nothing.. only 3 blinks and that's it.. it didn't even keep the led on for few seconds,, just the 3 blinks and when I tried to turn it on, nothing!

btw, from the past 2 days, it's a great phone.. only this issue.. also the official kit kat update is a poor one, missing a lot of features but works GREAT on the phone.. u can get the phone from UAE or KSA.. the 16GB dual sim card is being sold for 900AED or 900SAR which is actually a TRUE bargain. also the charger u get with the phoneis 500 mah, so you better use another one that can charge faster cause this one is REALLY slow. you can use up to 1500mah

hopefully tho i get a decent reply from motorola for this issue.. no high hopes tho since it's not available in Egypt.
 
Mamoun14
Old
(Last edited by Mamoun14; 27th February 2014 at 01:47 AM.)
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 33
Join Date: Aug 2011
Yes, the price to value ratio for the moto g is incredible, it's really unfortunate that it wasn't/won't be released in Egypt.

Well, If I were you I would have tried the only suggestion remaining: to leave the phone for 24 hours without plugging it in or trying to power it on, then attempt again to charge it the next day. I really wish you luck in fixing this.

In the meantime, I will keep looking for any other suggestions and If I find any I will post here.
 
FadyGZ
Old
#5  
FadyGZ's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 19
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Cairo

 
DONATE TO ME
Default yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamoun14 View Post
Yes, the price to value ratio for the moto g is incredible really, it's really unfortunate that it wasn't/won't be released in Egypt.

Well, If I were you I would have tried the only suggestion remaining: to leave the phone for 24 hours without plugging it in or trying to power it on, then attempt again to charge it the next day. I really wish you luck in fixing this.

In the meantime, I will keep looking for any other suggestions and If I find it any I will post it here.
that's actually what I'm doing, I've unplugged the phone and will re-plug it again when I wake up in 10-11 hrs..

and Ma'mon, check you private msg inbox..
 
JamesDoesCoding
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 8
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default I was thinking of buying this

I really need a Android Kitkat phone that isn't too expensive, I saw the Moto G and thought about buying one but if this happens then I wont
 
FadyGZ
Old
(Last edited by FadyGZ; 27th February 2014 at 05:35 PM.) Reason: more information
#7  
FadyGZ's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 19
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Cairo

 
DONATE TO ME
Default i guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesDoesCoding View Post
I really need a Android Kitkat phone that isn't too expensive, I saw the Moto G and thought about buying one but if this happens then I wont
well, the phone is amazing, really fast and good in every way except few things, some basic not very important features are missing and this drained out not charging issue.

on this post everyone was able to fix their issue, except me.. so it seem fixable 99% and u can also skip this issue if u simple shut down your phone when it reach 3-4% and turn it on again when the charger is there.. i guess.

btw, I had an S4 LTE before the moto g, and I'll never pick the S4 again. i enjoyed the moto g more and the S4 sucked in many ways like over heating and battery life time which was 6-7 hrs and the cheap housing materials "screen cracked when had a slight fall and fixing it was half the price of a new S4"
 
Dilanwizzy
Old
(Last edited by Dilanwizzy; 27th February 2014 at 07:04 PM.)
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Feb 2014
Im having the same problem as you, i tried every method as you. The 24hours method i havent fully tried it yet. I left it for 24 hours and when i plugged it in the charger I still have the same problem. The people in motorola told me to leave it for 2-3 hours on charge and that's what exactly what im doing. I will get back to you if anything happens.
 
FadyGZ
Old
#9  
FadyGZ's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 19
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Cairo

 
DONATE TO ME
Default I did that

[QUOTE=Dilanwizzy;50683194]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FadyGZ View Post
My Moto G which I bought from Saudi Arabia 2 days ago before coming back to Egypt for good has the following scenario:

Note: I'm using the original moto g charger "500 mah" that came in the box with my phone.

1st 100% charge overnight, then lasted almost 14 hrs.
2nd overnight charge, only did 95% "even tho it was plugged for 7-8 hrs" and lasted 7 hrs before battery go to zero level and device shut down.

when my phone shut down, it got stuck at the coma status, I tried every method mentioned in this post but the "waiting till the next day method" and nothing did work.

methods I used: freezer, fridge, 18 sec power on, 1 minute power on, 2-3-4 minutes power on and even the exact method on Motorola website and that method one member suggested to blug in the headphone while trying to power on or charge.
chargers I used with every method: Moto G 500 mah, Alcatel 550 mah, Galaxy Tab 7 2ah and Blackberry USB cable on computer.

result, nothing! phone still dead, and i can't return it cause I'm in a different country now and we don't even have it yet here.

my Moto G is 16GB, dual sim and running stock Kit Kat 4.4 which is available for the phone. no modified roms or any other dev setting was applied, the phone wasn't rooted. it's just like out of the box, few apps installed "some of them are downloaded from the internet" and stock upgraded to kit kat.

before hitting the zero level, the phone was charged for few minutes on a samsung charger, most probably it's for a note 3. when it went off I tried a car charger "bleackberry" for few minutes which gave me 3 pulse led white notification and nothing else.

I guess this shouldn't be related to the situation, but I'm using a data sim as sim 2 for internet and sim 1 for calls only. phone internet is running on H+ most of the time, 3G the if not H+.
I'm going to wait till tomorrow and try again, hopefully it works. but if anyone got any ideas or solutions PLEASE go on and reply with it even if you're not sure or if it's a crazy idea out of the box.

I only used the phone for 2 days I had VERY high expectations for this phone

(Update 1) I left the phone unplugged for 12 hours, plugged it in the 550mah charger for 2-3 hours, pressed the power button 1-2-3 minutes and no results still. also motorola Asia didn't reply to my email yet.[/QUOTE

Im having the same problem as you, i tried every method as you. The 24hours method i havent fully tried it yet. I left it for 24 hours and when i plugged it in the charger I still have the same problem. The people in motorola told me to leave it for 2-3 hours on charge and that's what exactly what im doing. I will get back to you if anything happens.
I've already tried leaving it on a charger for 2-3 hrs, but nothing did happen. hope it work with you buddy.. mine is from the asian market, you think it differs?
 
Dilanwizzy
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Feb 2014
[QUOTE=FadyGZ;50683265]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilanwizzy View Post

I've already tried leaving it on a charger for 2-3 hrs, but nothing did happen. hope it work with you buddy.. mine is from the asian market, you think it differs?
It shouldn't make a different, but i hope it does work. I was so getting into this phone as well. If it does work i will make sure it never reach 0% again.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes