HTC Rezound Take Apart Repair Guide
This step by step installation repair guide shows how to disassemble the HTC Rezund cell phone quickly and safely. The guide is designed by the Repairs Universe team and will help you install replacement parts to repair your damage phone.
This guide will help you to install the following HTC Rezound parts:
- HTC Rezound Touch Screen Glass Digitizer
- HTC Rezound LCD Display Screen
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- Torx T5 Screwdriver
- Small Phillips Screwdriver
- Adhesive Strips (For touch screen repairs)
- Hot Air Gun / Hair Dryer
- First, remove the back battery cover, the battery and the sim card. Then remove 6 Torx Screws using T5 Torx Screwdriver.
- Next, use safe pry tool then gently pry off all the edges to release the clips then remove the back housing bezel. Take note that the volume button and power button will likely to fall out. Once the back bezel is removed, a small circle covers sometimes fall out too.
- The motherboard is now exposed and you need to remove 2 Phillips screws. Then remove the vibrate motor by simply pop it out then gently pull the plug from the socket.
- Next gently lift the dock port to release the small flask bezel. Then simply lift the motherboard and swing to the right to remove the flex cable. The motherboard is now totally separated to the front housing.
- Use a hair dryer or heat gun to heat the front and back cover of the screen assembly to loosen the adhesive holding the touchscreen and the LCD screen.
- Use safe pry then gently pry off at the back to loosen the held adhesive. Make sure not to damaged the flex cable. Now pry off the front screen to totally separate the front housing to the digitzer and the LCD screen.
- Reheat the digitizer to loosen the held adhesive to remove the LCD screen from the digitizer. Make sure not to dig too far in to avoid damaging the LCD screen.
Your HTC Rezound is now fully disassembled. Reverse the instructions above to reassemble your phone.
Repairs Universe's guides are for informat ional purposes only. Please click here for details.
Learn about restrictions on reproduction and re-use of Repairs Universe's repair/take-apart/installation guides, and about creating hyperlinks to our guides.
Did our post help you? Give us a "Thanks"