Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,239 Members 50,644 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wheres the Z2 Ultra?

Tip us?

Ukbondraider
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Wheres the Z2 Ultra?

Sony have updated their Z1 and Tablet Z. When are we expecting a Z2 Ultra?
The Following User Says Thank You to Ukbondraider For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Thiolo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukbondraider View Post
this is for Xperia Z Ultra Forum only LOL

JackHanAnLG
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukbondraider View Post
hopefully not anytime soon, its only been out like 6 months, they did release a smaller version of it, the T2 ultra

sony cant really get any bigger without having tablets that you can make and call with

and they might not make one at all if sales werent great

J

hansip87
Old
Thanks Meter 1733

DONATE TO ME
The improvement might be too minimal i guess. It is like they already reached the maximum size for a phone. Bigger than that it's a tablet. The only improvement they can do might be related to the camera but that's it. Maybe lower power ips screen will be nice to have (I'm not sure if the z ultra screen is really ips, because at some angle, the loss of contrast is still there but still far better than Z1, plus sony never mention ips about z ultra screen, only starting from Z1C) and negligible performance gain with newer soc. Other than that, the Z Ultra is still very much adequate for my needs.

Sent from my C6802 using xda app-developers app
Love to Mod, Love to Experiment,
Sony Fanatic

My App Project:
Fast App Switcher Small App
System Monitor Small App

Phone History:
Nokia 6233 - Sony Ericsson K700i - SE Xperia X10 Mini Pro - SE Xperia Ray - Motorola RAZR Maxx - Xperia Z Ultra

The Following User Says Thank You to hansip87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

510jungleboy
Old
Thanks Meter 39
I don't mine getting a flash and better camera upgrade if there is a Z Ultra 2 on the horizon.

shaolin95
Old
Thanks Meter 869
Yeah there is not much that can be done with the Ultra to make it better really.
A better camera for those who care. I dont as I have a camera for that.
A flash would be nice as a flashlight.

And if they could somehow keep it the same way and give me a removable battery then that would be my dream

Gayest quote ever from MST3K!
"You know Captain, every year of my life, I grow more and more convinced that the wisest and best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful...if you just take the time to look at it.".

My Galaxy Note Games & Apps previews YOUTUBE channel

LordManhattan
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 5648
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansip87 View Post
The improvement might be too minimal i guess. It is like they already reached the maximum size for a phone. Bigger than that it's a tablet. The only improvement they can do might be related to the camera but that's it. Maybe lower power ips screen will be nice to have (I'm not sure if the z ultra screen is really ips, because at some angle, the loss of contrast is still there but still far better than Z1, plus sony never mention ips about z ultra screen, only starting from Z1C) and negligible performance gain with newer soc. Other than that, the Z Ultra is still very much adequate for my needs.

They can't or won't make it any bigger. Just check out the Z2 and you'll see that they have made the bezel a little smaller, so they'll probably continue with that. They can also not make it any thinner without either removing the minijack or making a bump on the back, which will ruin their Omni Balance design, so that won't happen either. The Ultra does have an IPS panel, but the "loss of contrast" is actually light from the LEDs. I guess they can do something about that though.

So i guess the Ultra 2 will be just as thin, and probably just as big with a better display (like the one on the Z2), and probably a Snapdragon 801 or 805, and that's pretty much it, i guess?

CZ Eddie
Old
Thanks Meter 911

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin95 View Post
Yeah there is not much that can be done with the Ultra to make it better really. \
Huh?
A flash and brighter screen for starters.
Z Ultra is obscenely behind the times in these two categories when compared with less expensive and even older superphones.
TMO Galaxy Note 3 on ATT unlimited data plan

• bri315317's Dynamic Kat 4.4.2 ROM
  • imoseyon's LeanKernel

• Samsung Galaxy S5
  • Samsung Galaxy S4
  • Samsung Galaxy S3
  • Samsung Galaxy Skyrocket
  • Samsung Infuse
  • HTC Inspire

**** Check out my how-to DIY kickstand case!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52585717
**** Visit my XDA thread to help get APT-X High Definition Bluetooth Audio working in AOSP ROM's!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2531440
The Following User Says Thank You to CZ Eddie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hassanmahmood
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZ Eddie View Post
Huh?
Z Ultra is obscenely behind the times in these two categories when compared with less expensive and even older superphones.
I'd rather have the unsaturated colours on the Ultra.
Nokia 8250 -> Nokia 7250i -> Sony Ericsson T610 -> Nokia 7610 -> Nokia N95 8GB -> Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 -> Sony Xperia Z Ultra

Alienware 18 with 2.80Ghz Intel i7 4900MQ -> Up to 4.0 Ghz with TurboBoost, TWO Nvidia GeForce GTX 770m's with 3GB DDR5 RAM each, 16GB DDR3 RAM

Samsung 55" F6800 3D Smart LED TV with 120Hz Real Refresh Rate and 600 Clear Motion Rate.

hansip87
Old
Thanks Meter 1733

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZ Eddie View Post
Huh?
The Screen is very bright imo, How much bright do you want it to be? Or in other term, how much faster do you want the battery to go down the drain? If i bring it outdoor it's perfectly readable in sunlight, and plus the auto brightness works perfectly.

Love to Mod, Love to Experiment,
Sony Fanatic

My App Project:
Fast App Switcher Small App
System Monitor Small App

Phone History:
Nokia 6233 - Sony Ericsson K700i - SE Xperia X10 Mini Pro - SE Xperia Ray - Motorola RAZR Maxx - Xperia Z Ultra

The Following User Says Thank You to hansip87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]