Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,924 Members 45,005 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to block/freeze OTA Updates?

Tip us?

Batman8
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Default How to block/freeze OTA Updates?

I'd just like to know the name of the file that I can freeze in Titanium Backup that will prevent OTA updates on my Note 10.1 (2014 edition). I found it on my Note 2 and 3 but can't find it on the 10.1. It must have a different name on this device. Please help!

Thanks.

Medy89
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Damn this forum is really lazy... listen to me fella .... first there is an option in the normal system options.... for dont check for software updates ..... but yes in titanium disable software update .... just search for update .. and disable that stuff... there are multiple ones.... fwupdate and software update and more dont remember more just look for it... i have it disabled because i dont want kitkat .... disabling flash and all ....

wingdo
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Software update is the program you are looking for.

Samsung Galaxy S4: Rooted de-bloated Stock 4.2.2
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014: Stock, rooted, bloat frozen
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2: Stock, rooted, de-bloated

D1 -> POS ThunderBolt -> Bionic -> RAZR MAXX -> Samsung Galaxy S4
The Following User Says Thank You to wingdo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]