No registration required

P605xxubnb2

OP ragnatelato

20th March 2014, 07:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25

125 posts
More
any one know the changelog this firmware? the changelist is very changed....i found here http://live.samsung-updates.com/inde...device=SM-P605

p.s sorry for my english
Last edited by ragnatelato; 20th March 2014 at 08:15 PM.
21st March 2014, 11:02 AM   |  #2  
Flag Ronneby
Thanks Meter: 535

2,610 posts
More
Has anyone flashed this yet? I flashed it and it goes thru the entire installation process and the fails to complete the "write bla. bla". But it installs all the parts of the firmware. So I tried to boot it and it failed with an message saying that I should use Recovery mode in Kies bla. bla. I flashed it again thinking it might have been just a one time error but no, same thing again. It seemed like stock recovery stopped my device from trying to boot, so I flashed TWRP and rebooted. To my supprise the device went in to boot process and BOOTED!!! No issues, well stock keyboard kept chrashing, it runs just fine. SO I boot in to recovery and let TWRP install Super SU for root and boot. No messages from Knox what so ever!! Not when starting root apps, not when it asks for root access and not when Super SU prompt shows up asking me if I want to grant this app superuser rights. I have not frozen any Knox apps and Knox apps is installed. It`s been a while since I rooted a stock firmware but as I remember there was Knox alerts everytime when apps asked for root, untill Knox was deleted or froozen.
If the install fails for the rest of you, just flash a custom recovery and theres a big chance it will boot for you also. But thats when Odin completes the install of all parts and fails to complete. Would be nice to hear if someone have installed it with out issues.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nickwarn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st March 2014, 11:37 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 44

201 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickwarn

Has anyone flashed this yet? I flashed it and it goes thru the entire installation process and the fails to complete the "write bla. bla". But it installs all the parts of the firmware. So I tried to boot it and it failed with an message saying that I should use Recovery mode in Kies bla. bla. I flashed it again thinking it might have been just a one time error but no, same thing again. It seemed like stock recovery stopped my device from trying to boot, so I flashed TWRP and rebooted. To my supprise the device went in to boot process and BOOTED!!! No issues, well stock keyboard kept chrashing, it runs just fine. SO I boot in to recovery and let TWRP install Super SU for root and boot. No messages from Knox what so ever!! Not when starting root apps, not when it asks for root access and not when Super SU prompt shows up asking me if I want to grant this app superuser rights. I have not frozen any Knox apps and Knox apps is installed. It`s been a while since I rooted a stock firmware but as I remember there was Knox alerts everytime when apps asked for root, untill Knox was deleted or froozen.
If the install fails for the rest of you, just flash a custom recovery and theres a big chance it will boot for you also. But thats when Odin completes the install of all parts and fails to complete. Would be nice to hear if someone have installed it with out issues.

could you give us a changelog (multiuser support ?) , multitouchscreen fixed ? ; ....
21st March 2014, 11:40 AM   |  #4  
Flag Geneva
Thanks Meter: 21

16 posts
More
I've downloaded the B2 firmware from SamMobile (I tried first on your samsung update website but the flashing didn't work), the "Baltic" one with odin 3.09 and the flashing worked. I've only used it for a couple of minutes and the only difference that I can see is that the the OS runs smoother, less lag and no more wake up lag. I'm not saying the lag magically disappeared, it's just much less noticeable. But of course it's definitely worth flashing it if, like me, you couldn't stand how laggy the previous firmware was.

EDIT: nickwarn, could you please explain me how you rooted your P605 with the new firmware? I'd like to do the same (I've already installed TWRP btw). Thanks
EDIT 2: Never mind nickwarn, I re-read your post and understood that you simply booted TWRP and let it install SuperSU when it asked you to install it. Thanks anyway
Last edited by Miomjon; 21st March 2014 at 11:55 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread