Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,949 Members 43,675 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

get files off a pattern locked cappy?

Tip us?

kb1ibh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default get files off a pattern locked cappy?

Coworker of mine brought me her AT&T "worldphone" SPH-I897 (eclair 2.1.1). she claims that a family member changed the lock code on the phone and no longer remembers it, and i cant factory reset the phone because she used the phone to take photos of her now deceased mother. she doesn't care if i have to brick this phone in the process, but its critically important that she get those photos...

there is no google account associated with the phone, so unlocking it via gmail auth isnt an option, and the phone was never put into debugging mode, so adb is only accessible from recovery mode. I've also attempted a hack someplace else on XDAdev which involved modifying and removing files in /data/data/, but this path was inaccessible in recovery mode.

I'm hoping someone can give me some guidance on what i can try next. I've read that custom recoveries can be flashed to the phone without root through ODIN, then a backup can be initiated, but i haven't been able to find a copy of a custom recovery that i'm certain wont brick this phone. i'm also assuming that the photos are inaccessible from adb when in recovery?

ugh... Help!

BWolf56
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,698

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb1ibh View Post
Coworker of mine brought me her AT&T "worldphone" SPH-I897 (eclair 2.1.1). she claims that a family member changed the lock code on the phone and no longer remembers it, and i cant factory reset the phone because she used the phone to take photos of her now deceased mother. she doesn't care if i have to brick this phone in the process, but its critically important that she get those photos...

there is no google account associated with the phone, so unlocking it via gmail auth isnt an option, and the phone was never put into debugging mode, so adb is only accessible from recovery mode. I've also attempted a hack someplace else on XDAdev which involved modifying and removing files in /data/data/, but this path was inaccessible in recovery mode.

I'm hoping someone can give me some guidance on what i can try next. I've read that custom recoveries can be flashed to the phone without root through ODIN, then a backup can be initiated, but i haven't been able to find a copy of a custom recovery that i'm certain wont brick this phone. i'm also assuming that the photos are inaccessible from adb when in recovery?

ugh... Help!
You can look at sammobile's program, SRS I believe it's called. It's one the its free feature.
Sent by falcon messenger while riding a laser equipped T-rex on a rocket
>>Get Dropbox right here<<
>>Rogers LTE tethering mod<<
LG G3 D852
ROM: Stock debloated
Kernel: 3.4.0
Launcher: Nova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelendel
Jig ~ You should never need one but.. Use the condom theory.