Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,347 Members 50,747 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC One in Recovery Loop

Tip us?

dreamingrevenge
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] HTC One in Recovery Loop

So today I attempted to install CyanogenMod, and everything was going smoothly right up to when I actually tried to flash the rom. I flashed the international rom instead of the AT&T and after that I was stuck in Team Win Recovery mode. Now every time I turn off and then on my phone, it goes through the htc one screen, then it turns black, and then it goes again in htc one screen but now with the words entering recovery mode in pink letters. I'm not sure if it was me flashing the wrong rom or if it's because it was on android 4.4.
I hope that makes sense.

raghav kapur
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingrevenge View Post
So today I attempted to install CyanogenMod, and everything was going smoothly right up to when I actually tried to flash the rom. I flashed the international rom instead of the AT&T and after that I was stuck in Team Win Recovery mode. Now every time I turn off and then on my phone, it goes through the htc one screen, then it turns black, and then it goes again in htc one screen but now with the words entering recovery mode in pink letters. I'm not sure if it was me flashing the wrong rom or if it's because it was on android 4.4.
I hope that makes sense.
so can u access fastboot and recovery ??

dreamingrevenge
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav kapur View Post
so can u access fastboot and recovery ??
Yes.

dreamingrevenge
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I've tried adb sideload through twrp but I think it never fully "attaches". I tried to push files into the sd but it doesn't seem to work. I think it might be S-On problem, but I can't make the romrunner to work when it's in recovery mode. I can't seem to find a way to make it work, but maybe Im just overlooking something.

raghav kapur
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
I've tried adb sideload through twrp but I think it never fully "attaches". I tried to push files into the sd but it doesn't seem to work. I think it might be S-On problem, but I can't make the romrunner to work when it's in recovery mode. I can't seem to find a way to make it work, but maybe Im just overlooking something.
Use a USB OTG cable nd put the rom of ur choice into the usb. Flash the rom of ur choice through the /usb otg directory

dreamingrevenge
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav kapur View Post
Use a USB OTG cable nd put the rom of ur choice into the usb. Flash the rom of ur choice through the /usb otg directory
You mean put a rom into a usb and then through twrp select it to flash? Can I just flash a stock rom to start over? Will the S-On be a problem?

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 851

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
TWRP / Advanced / Sideload - swipe to sideload
From PC adb / fastboot folder
you use
adb sideload name-of-rom.zip

make sure the rom is in the same folder as adb / fastboot

To push you simply put the phone in recovery
then from PC adb / fastboot folder
adb push name-of-rom.zip /sdcard/

again, be sure name-of-rom.zip is in the same folder
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

dreamingrevenge
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
TWRP / Advanced / Sideload - swipe to sideload
From PC adb / fastboot folder
you use
adb sideload name-of-rom.zip

make sure the rom is in the same folder as adb / fastboot

To push you simply put the phone in recovery
then from PC adb / fastboot folder
adb push name-of-rom.zip /sdcard/

again, be sure name-of-rom.zip is in the same folder
Okay so when I sideload on the cmd.exe it shows it's 100% and then my phone turns off. When I turn it on it goes directly to twrp and when i try to install the ROM that i just sideloaded it's nowhere to be found.

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 851

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Okay so when I sideload on the cmd.exe it shows it's 100% and then my phone turns off. When I turn it on it goes directly to twrp and when i try to install the ROM that i just sideloaded it's nowhere to be found.
The file will be named sideload.zip in the root of the sdcard
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

rbreban
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Same thing happened to me a couple of days ago. No ROM on earth would install. I did not make a backup. I just got a new phone. I lost 2 days of sleep reading the complete www and tried everything and nothing worked. If you managed to figure it out please share. Also a weird thing that be as happening was that fastboot would work buy not adb and when I fix permissions it would fail.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk