Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,731 Members 40,755 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 7 (2013) Random Reboot Issues

Tip us?

aaroniofjm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Nexus 7 (2013) Random Reboot Issues

Do any of you guys also have this issue with your Nexus 7?

It just randomly reboots when I uninstall an App!

Solutions? Something!? HELP!

stevemw
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaroniofjm View Post

I'm having reboots while using Chrome. For example, if you go to the Play store and attempt to manipulate that navigation box in the upper right corner Chrome either crashes or causes the Nexus 7 to reboot.
Qualcomm QPC-800 (1997), Motorola v60 (2003), hp iPaq 3600, 3800, 3970, hx4700 (2000-2006), Motorola RAZR (2005), Samsung X820 (2006), T-Mobile Dash [htc S620] (2007), Nokia E71x (2009), Nokia N900 (2010), Motorola Atrix 4G (2011), Google Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4 (2012), Nexus 7 FHD, Nexus 5 (2013), LG G Watch (2014)

Matrix_19
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Kitkat will fix it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jfavellanedab
Old
(Last edited by jfavellanedab; 20th October 2013 at 01:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
It is a nexus 7 wifi or lte? I have not had this issue with LTE

Sent from my XT925 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

shams6
Old
Thanks Meter 8
mine wifi, how to solve this issue?
today i buy this tablet today. so much restart though i updated all apps and OS after starting but still so much restart problem.

and2nckiko
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaroniofjm View Post

We have the same issue..i just restore factory setting,never update stock app..it work on mine

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

THS1989
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Happening to mine too... Never rooted. 4.4 kitkat did NOT fix it ....

ASUS you suck. Google please use Samsung for your devices k thx..

herosemblem
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I still have random reboots on my unmodified Nexus 7 2013. I've been running KitKat since it was OTA'd to the device a few weeks ago.
It is excellent when I'm in the middle of something and the screen freezes for about 4 seconds, then the device reboots.

EDIT: Hilarious. It randomly rebooted on its own just now. The device had been sitting unused for a number of minutes. Usually doesn't happen more than once/day. It just happened twice in 45 minutes. Usually it happens about once a week...

magusonline
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Anyone have any update/luck with solving it? I'm making a nandroid backup just in case the worst case is I need to have it sent back to the store for a replacement..

thisguysayswht
Old
(Last edited by thisguysayswht; 8th February 2014 at 10:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 36
I posted this in another thread, with someone asking if a custom kernel will fix the reboot problem plaguing this otherwise superb device. It seems to hold its relevance here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisguysayswht View Post
So, here's my experience with this. I bought my first nexus 7.2, at a best buy in north Dallas, in October. I experienced random reboots, right out of the box, about once a day, usually when I was browsing chrome, or when the tablet was sitting on the home screen without being touched. My gf bought a nexus 7.2 as well, at the same store in November, and she was not experiencing any random reboots, hers has always been stock, to this day (my suspicions began). I figured it was a software, or app problem, and waited for a fix from Google, or my app developers. Tried various custom Roms in the meantime (cm11, dirty unicorns, silmrom, and many more). I also tried various kernel's, in combination with said Roms (Franco, ElementalX, glitch, bulletproof). I had random reboots with all combinations of Roms and kernels. Did a factory data reset after every update from Google, and tried it for a week or so every time. Still experienced random reboots. I finally got fed up and took my table back in early January, to the same best buy in north Dallas. After receiving my second tablet, I kept it stock for a week, and then restored my preferred twrp backup, that I had taken with the rebooting tablet ( stock 4.4 krt16s, xposed framework, ElementalX 2.2 @1.7 and 450, with the motoX dalvik and bionic patches). With the new tablet, I have not experienced one random reboot, either with the stock software, or the custom software.

So, long story short, if your experiencing random reboots, if you have the ability to, I would take it back. Maybe you can fix it with software enhancements, but IMO it just shouldn't do this, stock or otherwise, and warrants a return.

Whatever you choose to do, I hope it works out for you, the reboots were personally driving me crazy, and I'm glad my second tablet doesn't reboot like its got a mind of its own.
With my personal experience, it definitely seems to be a hardware problem.