FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Creaking screen when in landscape mode

1,202 posts
Thanks Meter: 37

By androidmonkey, Senior Member on 31st July 2013, 03:14 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
My Nexus 7 (2013) has been great, but I have an issue when holding in landscape mode. I have creaking when I hold the screen at the upper, right corner area in landscape mode (lower, right in portrait). See image below. This doesn't look like screen lift like the 2012 N7 had, rather it feels like its coming from inside the unit.

Anyone else experience this?

31st July 2013, 04:35 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Yes, I've noticed the same thing on my device. Definitely doesn't seem like a screen separation issue. I've been debating talking to customer service.
31st July 2013, 04:37 PM |#3  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 66

More
I have this problem also dead pixel so I am returning it

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
31st July 2013, 05:11 PM |#4  

More
What causes the noise? When you squeeze that area? Does it occur with pressure on just the front or the back?
31st July 2013, 05:59 PM |#5  

More
Going off of memory at the moment, but the issue is caused for me when I squeeze the front and back together
31st July 2013, 07:56 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37

More
I'm not even putting much pressure on it, simply griping the screen when I hold it, doesn't take much to creak.

I want to exchange but Amazon has a 4 week wait for shipping...crap.
9th March 2014, 06:30 AM |#7  

More
I got the same issues and ASUS Singapore is not ackonwledging it.
Terrible Asus experience, Lousy QC, Bad Service
11th March 2014, 10:27 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I am also having this problem. I am just forced to live with it. The build quality is abysmal.

Sent from my Moto G
12th March 2014, 02:16 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 105

More
If I remember right, popping off the back shouldn't void warranty. (Unscrewing the tamper screws does)

Pop it off and use a hair dryer on that area and squeeze. Unless there's a bubble of no adhesive at all behind it causing the creak. It's fairly easy to do, and I used a cheap hair dryer to fix my screen.

EDIT: Actually, I guess you just have to carefully heat up the front of the screen. If that doesn't work I would send it in because of OCD. Unless you're willing to separate and re-glue.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)