Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,422 Members 43,385 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] FAKE galaxy s4 - root, rom etc

Tip us?
 
_azeroth_
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 200
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Manila
Default [Q] FAKE galaxy s4 - root, rom etc

i have a fake galaxy s4, made in vietnam, it has air scroll and thin bezel this is the one that totally looks like, feels like the original version. Do we have a sub forum for this kind of unit? can i grant root access on my phone? please guide me if you know something. TIA

| HTC Sensation z710e | 32 GB |
| Rooted | S - Off | Firmware 3.33 |
| ViperS 5.1.0 | Jellybean 4.1.2 |

|-------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| ASUS Nexus 7 (2012) | 32 GB Wifi Only |
| Not Rooted |
| Stock ROM | KitKat 4.4.2 |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Sony Xperia Z | 16 GB |
| Not Rooted |
| Stock ROM | Jellybean 4.3|
 
Obagleyfreer
Old
#2  
Obagleyfreer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 777
Posts: 1,838
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Wellington
Yes there is a forum, look in Android development and hacking.

Sent from my GT-I9505
GT-I9505
The Following User Says Thank You to Obagleyfreer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ApachiŽ
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 14
Join Date: Oct 2013
Fake galaxy s4?
Android 4.2.2?
works well?
Thanks
 
chrizhaynes
Old
#4  
chrizhaynes's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 37
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Scarborough
Any chance of a picture

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda premium
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
 
_azeroth_
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 200
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Manila
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obagleyfreer View Post
Yes there is a forum, look in Android development and hacking.

Sent from my GT-I9505
Ok thanks, will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApachiŽ View Post
Fake galaxy s4?
Android 4.2.2?
works well?
Thanks
yeps, works well, although specs is toned down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrizhaynes View Post
Any chance of a picture

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda premium
yes, i can upload it later. im currently at the office

| HTC Sensation z710e | 32 GB |
| Rooted | S - Off | Firmware 3.33 |
| ViperS 5.1.0 | Jellybean 4.1.2 |

|-------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| ASUS Nexus 7 (2012) | 32 GB Wifi Only |
| Not Rooted |
| Stock ROM | KitKat 4.4.2 |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Sony Xperia Z | 16 GB |
| Not Rooted |
| Stock ROM | Jellybean 4.3|
 
_azeroth_
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 200
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Manila
I cant find the link, can anybody provide me the link. TIA

| HTC Sensation z710e | 32 GB |
| Rooted | S - Off | Firmware 3.33 |
| ViperS 5.1.0 | Jellybean 4.1.2 |

|-------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| ASUS Nexus 7 (2012) | 32 GB Wifi Only |
| Not Rooted |
| Stock ROM | KitKat 4.4.2 |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Sony Xperia Z | 16 GB |
| Not Rooted |
| Stock ROM | Jellybean 4.3|
 
khrystyan27
Old
#7  
khrystyan27's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 201
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: RO, Arad
Hey, I've recently bought a fake Galaxy S4, from someone who pretended the phone was genuine.

The phone works really good, and has many features of the genuine phone, the phone has only one issue, the phone battery indicator is not very accurate.

If I charge the phone to 100%, I use it normally and the battery decreases normally untill 70-60 and it suddenly drops to 15%.

The phone has root and I've calibrated the battery twice, but no result so far. What can I do?
If you are finding my posts helpful, please hit the button.

Device: Sony Xperia Z2 (D6503)
Root : Yes
Recovery: Stock
Bootloader: Locked
ROM: Stock - 17.1.2.A.0.314
Kernel: Stock

Device: Asus Transformer Pad TF300T
Root : Yes
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.1
Bootloader: Unlocked
ROM: 4.4.4 - CROMBi-kk RC2
Kernel: 3.1.10-that10+
 
luuduchoanganh
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 39
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ho Chi Minh city
You can buy products in Vietnam or you can see "Vietnam" underneath the battery cover, however, you should believe that China has produced it. The official Samsung products are manufactured in Vietnam (Product made in Vietnam by Samsung) and China knows it.
The Following User Says Thank You to luuduchoanganh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
_azeroth_
Old
#9  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 200
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Manila
Quote:
Originally Posted by luuduchoanganh View Post
You can buy products in Vietnam or you can see "Vietnam" underneath the battery cover, however, you should believe that China has produced it. The official Samsung products are manufactured in Vietnam (Product made in Vietnam by Samsung) and China knows it.
i already sold mine. hehe. and stated that it is fake. im telling you, based on experience it can go toe to toe to some 2011 flagship phones. and when i compare it to the original its totally identical.

| HTC Sensation z710e | 32 GB |
| Rooted | S - Off | Firmware 3.33 |
| ViperS 5.1.0 | Jellybean 4.1.2 |

|-------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| ASUS Nexus 7 (2012) | 32 GB Wifi Only |
| Not Rooted |
| Stock ROM | KitKat 4.4.2 |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Sony Xperia Z | 16 GB |
| Not Rooted |
| Stock ROM | Jellybean 4.3|
 
khrystyan27
Old
#10  
khrystyan27's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 201
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: RO, Arad
Quote:
Originally Posted by khrystyan27 View Post
Hey, I've recently bought a fake Galaxy S4, from someone who pretended the phone was genuine.

The phone works really good, and has many features of the genuine phone, the phone has only one issue, the phone battery indicator is not very accurate.

If I charge the phone to 100%, I use it normally and the battery decreases normally untill 70-60 and it suddenly drops to 15%.

The phone has root and I've calibrated the battery twice, but no result so far. What can I do?
A solution to my problem?

It's really annoying...
If you are finding my posts helpful, please hit the button.

Device: Sony Xperia Z2 (D6503)
Root : Yes
Recovery: Stock
Bootloader: Locked
ROM: Stock - 17.1.2.A.0.314
Kernel: Stock

Device: Asus Transformer Pad TF300T
Root : Yes
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.1
Bootloader: Unlocked
ROM: 4.4.4 - CROMBi-kk RC2
Kernel: 3.1.10-that10+

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes