CM based ROM's minor bugs fixes

Search This thread

BMARo

Dec 22, 2011

Someone has found the solution to fix low in-call volume directly in AudioRouter sources of android. Is doing exactly what I was doing in my app, but is doing this in telephony source triggered by muteChange, so no need for an external workaround app.
I am glad to have this bug fixed by source and I am glad I had a contribution to this.
For those who used my app for low in-call bug fix: WHEN the ROM that you use will get an update to a low in-call volume bug fixed by source, please disable low-incall fix in CMUtility.

Here is the fix in sources: https://github.com/TeamCanjica/andr...mmit/fdf281fdabe5e7517eb96f2faf159bbcc74ae4a6

Because I love CM based ROM's I have created this app for some fixes/utilities.
So.

1. LOW IN-CALL VOLUME with effect when switching to/from speakerphone)
I know that when answer the call you can press VOL- then VOL+ to increase that low volume. But is not simple to do this at every call start. So I've made an app to do this automatically for you.

ATENTION!
- You don't see an icon for this app in your launcher app drawer. This is a service that start at boot and do his work without interacting any way with you.
- This app don't help you with WIFI bug and don't switch you automatically on 2G/3G when you need. If you need this features please install only CMUtility application (down at 3)
- INSTALLATION: Is recomended to copy this app in /system/app and set permissions rw-r--r-- then reboot.
I did this for the many who have asked
[/COLOR]
You can find this app in attach as onlyincallfix.apk.

2. ALL in ONE - CMUtility
We have a new application for all my fixes/utilities !
This app have 3 configurable functions for now:

a. In-Call low volume fix done even when switch to/from speakerphone! When answering a call or switch to/from speakerphone this service will automatically change in-call volume to MIN and back to MAX with 100ms delay.
So no more in-call volume bug on CM based ROM's!
For those who used my app for low in-call bug fix: WHEN the ROM that you use will get an update to a low in-call volume bug fixed by source, please disable low-incall fix in it.

b. WIFI start fail fix by connecting/disconnecting only with a single notification touch. In this mode WIFI never turn OFF and never fail start!
So no more WIFI start bug on CM based ROM's!

c. Automatically switch to 2G/3G only when needed.
You can configure that this service automatically switch network mode to 3G only or 3G preferred when data switched ON, and go to 2G when data is switched OFF or WIFI is connected (20 seconds delay). This is for battery economy.
So you never drain your battery using 3G if you don't need. I take care of this.

Features are configurable if you open this app form app drawer. Notification click will only connect/disconnect wifi network.
IMPORTANT! If you have installed onlyincallfix.apk please uninstall it! Just because that application is part of CMUtility job. You don't need two applications with same function. Or disable In-call Fix from CMUtility accessing it from app drawer.
You can find this app in attach.

CMUtility ScreenShot
Screenshot_2014-03-19-12-13-53.png

CMUtility ChangeLog:
2014.03.12 - Initial Release (v1.0)​
2014.03.13 - v1.0.1
- FC at BOOT fixed
- Added configurable icons for notification​
2014.03.14 - v1.0.2
- Added no icon option for notification​
2014.03.17 - v1.0.3
- Solved boot start FC when is pushed as system app​
2014.03.18 - v1.0.4
- Added option to run without persistent notification
- Changed toggles captions​
2014.03.19 - v1.0.5
- I've found an FC when saving options if InCall fix is disabled. FIXED​

Attachments

• onlyincallfix.apk
    243.3 KB · Views: 1,833
  • CMUtility1.0.5-2014.03.19.apk
    304.1 KB · Views: 1,521
Last edited:

RajatRJ

Jan 3, 2013
I experience too much battery drain on mokee 4.4
It drains up to 40percent with half hour use of WiFi..

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk

BMARo

Dec 22, 2011

Using my WiFi fix app? Battery drain is not from my app. This app do nothing else than executing connect/disconnect commands. This battery drain when using WiFi is normal on CM roms. I don't understand why. We hope the devs will do something for this.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE

On MoKee 4.4 I do not have WIFI bug at all. Using it for 3 weeks, I never had a problem with turning WIFI on. On LQL.

And if your question is about battery drain, this is not a place for it. Use MoKee discussion thread.

Reactions: BMARo
K

King ov Hell

You could open the thread to development section.It's your job and it includes fixes so everyone can see them am I wrong ?

elementbt

Mar 11, 2014
Thanks for volume app. I'm waiting for a rom fix for wifi. (CarbonKitkat)
Do I have to run VolumeTweak at every reboot???

Last edited:

BMARo

Dec 22, 2011
Thanks for volume app. I'm waiting for a rom fix for wifi. (CarbonKitkat)
Do I have to run VolumeTweak at every reboot???

No you don't need. Is auto running. But I strongly recommend you to install ALL in ONE app from OP. Is working for speakerphone too!

Last edited:

jazzh

Oct 2, 2011
Amazon Fire TV
Huawei MediaPad T5
Great tool! Excellent idea for 3g auto off...

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Wait! I have 2 icons in statusbar now, the old one wifi abd the yellow one cm utility. Both working the same... !?!

BMARo

Dec 22, 2011
Great tool! Excellent idea for 3g auto off...

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Wait! I have 2 icons in statusbar now, the old one wifi abd the yellow one cm utility. Both working the same... !?!

Uninstall old application. You don't need it anymore. Use only last app (3).

BMARo

Dec 22, 2011
URGENT

Those who have downloaded ALLinONE v1.0.1 today please download the file again and install over! I forgot something and I corrected & uploaded now the file with same name.
I apologize.

Reactions: jazzh and Razvan

arael_x

Mar 6, 2014
No you don't need. Is auto running. But I strongly recommend you to install ALL in ONE app from OP. Is working for speakerphone too!

Bro, I have a question! If I have just installed the fix for the volume would it be the same as if I have installed the application for everything else? I mean, Does the same function with the same speed of response (100ms)?

Sorry for my horrible English! T_T

Atte Arael_x

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Someone has found the solution to fix low in-call volume directly in AudioRouter sources of android. Is doing exactly what I was doing in my app, but is doing this in telephony source triggered by muteChange, so no need for an external workaround app.
    I am glad to have this bug fixed by source and I am glad I had a contribution to this.
    For those who used my app for low in-call bug fix: WHEN the ROM that you use will get an update to a low in-call volume bug fixed by source, please disable low-incall fix in CMUtility.

Here is the fix in sources: https://github.com/TeamCanjica/andr...mmit/fdf281fdabe5e7517eb96f2faf159bbcc74ae4a6

Because I love CM based ROM's I have created this app for some fixes/utilities.
    So.

1. LOW IN-CALL VOLUME with effect when switching to/from speakerphone)
    I know that when answer the call you can press VOL- then VOL+ to increase that low volume. But is not simple to do this at every call start. So I've made an app to do this automatically for you.

ATENTION!
    - You don't see an icon for this app in your launcher app drawer. This is a service that start at boot and do his work without interacting any way with you.
    - This app don't help you with WIFI bug and don't switch you automatically on 2G/3G when you need. If you need this features please install only CMUtility application (down at 3)
    - INSTALLATION: Is recomended to copy this app in /system/app and set permissions rw-r--r-- then reboot.
    I did this for the many who have asked
    [/COLOR]
    You can find this app in attach as onlyincallfix.apk.

2. ALL in ONE - CMUtility
    We have a new application for all my fixes/utilities !
    This app have 3 configurable functions for now:

a. In-Call low volume fix done even when switch to/from speakerphone! When answering a call or switch to/from speakerphone this service will automatically change in-call volume to MIN and back to MAX with 100ms delay.
    So no more in-call volume bug on CM based ROM's!
    For those who used my app for low in-call bug fix: WHEN the ROM that you use will get an update to a low in-call volume bug fixed by source, please disable low-incall fix in it.

b. WIFI start fail fix by connecting/disconnecting only with a single notification touch. In this mode WIFI never turn OFF and never fail start!
    So no more WIFI start bug on CM based ROM's!

c. Automatically switch to 2G/3G only when needed.
    You can configure that this service automatically switch network mode to 3G only or 3G preferred when data switched ON, and go to 2G when data is switched OFF or WIFI is connected (20 seconds delay). This is for battery economy.
    So you never drain your battery using 3G if you don't need. I take care of this.

Features are configurable if you open this app form app drawer. Notification click will only connect/disconnect wifi network.
    IMPORTANT! If you have installed onlyincallfix.apk please uninstall it! Just because that application is part of CMUtility job. You don't need two applications with same function. Or disable In-call Fix from CMUtility accessing it from app drawer.
    You can find this app in attach.

CMUtility ScreenShot
    Screenshot_2014-03-19-12-13-53.png

CMUtility ChangeLog:
    2014.03.12 - Initial Release (v1.0)​
    2014.03.13 - v1.0.1
    - FC at BOOT fixed
    - Added configurable icons for notification​
    2014.03.14 - v1.0.2
    - Added no icon option for notification​
    2014.03.17 - v1.0.3
    - Solved boot start FC when is pushed as system app​
    2014.03.18 - v1.0.4
    - Added option to run without persistent notification
    - Changed toggles captions​
    2014.03.19 - v1.0.5
    - I've found an FC when saving options if InCall fix is disabled. FIXED​
    @BMARo Sorry I didn't knew that you were busy with the same fix and that you had to write a custom app for the low-incall volume problem.
    If only I had time to port my old low volume fix earlier, than you wouldn't have to do the effort. ;)
    But anyway, I think you've helped a lot of people and we should all be grateful for that.
    Keep up the good work :good:

Thank you for fixing in the source. Is better than an workaround app. I'm not mad! My effort is not important. Was a pleasure for me to help anyway. Repeat: Thank you!

End of line

App updated to 1.0.5_2014.03.19
    ChangeLog in OP.

OP said:
    So this is the last update for my low in-call bug fix for CM based ROMs in CMUtility app.
    Someone found the solution to fix low in-call volume directly in AudioRouter sources of android. Is doing exactly what I was doing in my app, but is doing this in telephony source triggered by muteChange, so no need for an external workaround app.
    For those who used my app for low in-call bug fix: WHEN the ROM that you use will get an update to a low in-call volume bug fixed by source, please disable low-incall fix in it and use it only for the other functions.

It was a pleasure to help you!
    Can you share sources for this vol up/down utility ? I wanna add it to our device trees and make it compile together with our cm. it will be hidden from launcher and automatically started. Please contact me on PM . thanks
    Can you share sources for this vol up/down utility ? I wanna add it to our device trees and make it compile together with our cm. it will be hidden from launcher and automatically started. Please contact me on PM . thanks

I don't have a reason to refuse this. In fact it's my contribution to this community. So I'll give you the sources. I'll contact you on PM but later because I don't have time right now. I have activities with my kids right now.
    And by the way, thanks for your work @Rox