FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][UPDATED] BootAnimation Enabler for STOCK ROMS

8,333 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,227

By deathnotice01, Recognized Themer on 1st April 2012, 04:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Quote:

DISCLAIMER NOTE: I AND XDA IS NOT TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES THAT YOUR PHONE MIGHT INCUR DURING THIS PROCESS, I HAVE TESTED IT IN MY BEST KNOWLEDGE TO WORK FOR OUR DEVICE BUT JUST TO BE SURE, PLEASE PERFORM ALL NECESSARY BACKUPS FOR THE PHONE TO PREVENT ANY DATA LOSS, IF YOU HAVE THE NEED TO DISAGREE AND/OR FAIL TO COMPLY JUST DONT FLASH IT AND GET ON WITH YOUR LIVES

Quote:

PLEASE RESPECT MY WORK, DO NOT UPLOAD THIS TO OTHER WEBSITES, P2P, FTP AND OTHER MEANS OF FILE TRANSFER WITHOUT MY CONSENT, ALSO IF U WANT TO INCLUDE THIS IN YOUR WORK/ DEVELOPMENT, OR IF YOU BASE YOUR WORK IN ANY OF MY FILES THAT IS CONTAINED WITHIN THE DATA PLEASE CREDIT ME AND LINK THE FILES HERE IF EVER YOU NEED TO POST IT IN YOUR BLOG/WEBSITE, IF YOU FEEL YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH MY WORK, CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISMS IN A RESPECTFUL AND DECENT MANNER ARE ALWAYS WELCOME

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THIS IS A MOD TO ENABLE BOOTANIMATION.ZIP FOR STOCK ROMS MMKAY?

PRESS THANKS AND SAVE THE WORLD
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PREREQUISITES:
Quote:

1. A Samsung Galaxy Y (Duh!)
2. Recovery Mode (Stock or CWM it does'nt matter)
3. Basic Knowledge in flashing updater scripts (dont worry i have a guide below to help people out)
5. Lastly, a good working brain

Quote:

[HOW IT WORKS FOR THE MOD]

For those using CWM Kernels (Savie's, White's, Merruk's above 1.8)

1. ENTER CWM RECOVERY BY HOLDING VOLUME UP+CENTER KEY+POWER
2. GO TO MOUNTS AND STORAGE AND SELECT MOUNT SYSTEM
3. SELECT STOCKBOOTENABLER-deathnotice01.zip FROM SD CARD (NO NEED FOR DATA WIPE/CACHE WIPE)
4. AND YOU ARE GOOD TO GO

For Non-CWM Kernels (STOCK, Ironbuang, KURO, koneu, REPENCIS, IFRAN, TEMRA KERNELS)

1. When the phone is off press and hold VOLUME UP+CENTER KEY+POWER for 5 secs
2. from stock recovery select "update from SD card"
3. select "cwm_bla_bla.zip"
4. now your phone will run the CWM, go to "install zip from SD"
5. from there choose "choose zip from SDcard"
6. navigate through the folder where you have saved the "STOCKBOOTENABLER-deathnotice01.zip"
7. select "yes", wait till it finishes, then reboot system

Quote:

[IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG:]

1. DON'T PANIC!
- DON'T POST "OMG! YOU [$%^&] [%^&] [$%$##] HELP ME, ME PHONE NO WORKY, OH MAI" AND POST IN THE GENERAL, DEVELOPMENT, AND THEME

2. TRY TO READ THE WHOLE INSTRUCTIONS AGAIN, MAYBE YOU MISSED A STEP (REALLY) OR YOU DID NOT GET SOME OF THE INSTRUCTIONS CORRECTLY

3. NOTE SPECIFIC DETAILS ON WHAT YOU DID BEFORE FLASHING

4. IF IT STILL DOES NOT WORK AND YOU FEEL YOU DID EVERYTHING CORRECTLY,
POST HERE ON THIS THREAD NOT THE Q&A THREAD OR ANY OTHER THREAD SO THAT PEOPLE WILL REPLY AND EXPEDITE YOUR ISSUE RIGHT AWAY
(IF SOLVED DO'NT PROCEED TO STEP 5)

5.IF ALL POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS FAIL,
CALL CHUCK NORRIS , OR JUST REFLASH THE ROM AND START OVER

Quote:

[Troubleshooting]

---No reports since updated 9/22/12

Credits:
CM10 bootanimation by CM Team
Attached Files
File Type: zip STOCKBOOTENABLER-deathnotice01.zip - [Click for QR Code] (608.7 KB, 18914 views)
The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to deathnotice01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift deathnotice01 Ad-Free

1st April 2012, 04:19 PM |#2  
Flag manila phillipines
Thanks Meter: 11

More
First blood sir i would like to ask sir if it is ok.to use this one while im using the custom kernel?is their any conflict?

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to steelheart34 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift steelheart34 Ad-Free
1st April 2012, 04:19 PM |#3  
Flag yogyakarta
Thanks Meter: 1,811

More
are we really need to put new build.prop there?
1st April 2012, 05:08 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 574

More
including

ro.build.date=Mon 16 Jan 19:22:01 KST 2011

lol

I am on March 7th

can't go back to bloody January

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

delete_recursive("/system/etc/init.d");
ui_print("INITIALIZING SCRIPT...");

what if someone put a tweak in init.d ?

2nd April 2012, 08:59 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
i've seen the zip file,each folder has 2 copies,y? and is that build.prop necessary? pls also specify on what rom hav u tested it
2nd April 2012, 09:17 AM |#6  
Flag yogyakarta

More
I though the most important part in this mod are two files in /system/bin and bootanimation.zip. it seems safe to remove anything else from the original file.
2nd April 2012, 09:19 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 656

Donate to Me
More
hi man... why ur updater script deleted init.d folder???
if any rom using this with init.d modif .. mybe can be lost of data in init.d folder
2nd April 2012, 09:34 AM |#8  
Flag yogyakarta

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by repencis

hi man... why ur updater script deleted init.d folder???
if any rom using this with init.d modif .. mybe can be lost of data in init.d folder

well...we can manually push the file to the system or make another script for the installation. repencis has cool cm7 bootanimation. it will be nice if we can enable it
2nd April 2012, 06:13 PM |#9  
Recognized Developer
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 5,235

Donate to Me
More
seems that his script is for Hybrid rom.. sorry if this is a noob question but wats the need of these codes and build.prop

set_perm_recursive(0, 0, 0777, 0777, "/system/etc/init.d");
set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/system/etc/init.d/00banner");
set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/system/etc/init.d/01sysctl");
set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/system/etc/init.d/02firstboot");
set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/system/etc/init.d/06zipalign");
set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/system/etc/init.d/04apps2sd");
set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/system/etc/init.d/99complete");
22nd September 2012, 09:40 AM |#10  
[UPDATED!!]

Changelog
9/22/12

-removed useless build.prop from previous version

-updated script (no more init.d deletion)

-no more bootloopzzzz
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deathnotice01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift deathnotice01 Ad-Free
22nd September 2012, 01:56 PM |#11  
Flag Caracas
Thanks Meter: 2

More
hi brother, i didnt know about your updating D: i was typing you in another threads

i will try this one but if it doesnt work, it dont matter, you could give me a hand?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
samsungani

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)