Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,957 Members 53,560 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Warranty/Repair Question

Tip us?

jgotfried
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Warranty/Repair Question

I've tried searching and couldn't find a definitive answer for my question... Anyway, my nexus 7's usb port has stopped working altogether after a few month's of being fidgety.

I'm bootloader unlocked and running cleanrom, but I am unable to return to stock firmware since I cannot connect to adb. So will this be a problem with Asus to get warranty work done? (even though this is most definitely a hardware problem and not related to unofficial rom's/root).

Any help or experiences with Asus warranty would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

mdamaged
Old
Thanks Meter 933

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgotfried View Post
I've tried searching and couldn't find a definitive answer for my question... Anyway, my nexus 7's usb port has stopped working altogether after a few month's of being fidgety.

I'm bootloader unlocked and running cleanrom, but I am unable to return to stock firmware since I cannot connect to adb. So will this be a problem with Asus to get warranty work done? (even though this is most definitely a hardware problem and not related to unofficial rom's/root).

Any help or experiences with Asus warranty would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Really I would hope they would only call you on the warranty if the problem is linked to you rooting/flashing the device, but they may decide to try it anyway. You could try ADB over TCP.
Kenneth, what is the frequency? Set a fire for a man, and he will stay warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will stay warm for the rest of his life.

The Following User Says Thank You to mdamaged For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jgotfried
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdamaged View Post
Really I would hope they would only call you on the warranty if the problem is linked to you rooting/flashing the device, but they may decide to try it anyway. You could try ADB over TCP.
adb isn't able to connect for some reason. It works with my moto x over tcp so I guess something's going on with the nexus. Oh well, I'm almost out of battery anyway, thanks for your help, I'll just try to warranty it and hope for the best.

srivas95
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgotfried View Post

It's really upto them. If you had bought your tab from the Play Store, You'd have a better chance of warranty, as Google just replaces the device.

But if the device is out of charge, they have no way of figuring out if it's rooted, as they cant charge it and power it on
LG G3 32GB International- Stock, Unrooted

Nexus 7 (2013, 32GB Wifi) - Stock Rom, Unrooted