Ask a question

No registration required

Sales

OP chuckiev79

3rd January 2014, 10:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32

175 posts
I was just curious if anyone knew or has a link that would show how the relay has sold (units) worldwide? Especially versus other phones. I ask this because my hunch is that initially sales were slow for this phone, but I'm willing to bet sales have doubled or tripled since being offered to other countries.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
3rd January 2014, 10:51 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

175 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckiev79

I was just curious if anyone knew or has a link that would show how the relay has sold (units) worldwide? Especially versus other phones. I ask this because my hunch is that initially sales were slow for this phone, but I'm willing to bet sales have doubled or tripled since being offered to other countries.

And I have goggled this to no avail. 😔

4th January 2014, 12:54 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 8

63 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckiev79

And I have goggled this to no avail. 😔

This is the kind of data you never get... Manufacturers are more interested in doing curved-screen phones that nobody wants than having a single qwerty model.
I'm in Europe, where there haven't been new qwerty models for 2-3 years now, and I get people asking my about my phone all the time. There is a market, manufacturers just don't care...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rad30n For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th January 2014, 08:18 AM   |  #4  
Flag Raleigh
Thanks Meter: 37

350 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by rad30n

This is the kind of data you never get... Manufacturers are more interested in doing curved-screen phones that nobody wants than having a single qwerty model.
I'm in Europe, where there haven't been new qwerty models for 2-3 years now, and I get people asking my about my phone all the time. There is a market, manufacturers just don't care...

This. A 100x this. I'm still rocking my Epic 4G for now, and I still get people asking me about my phone, what is it, where I got it from, etc. And I'm talking both here in the US and in Mexico. There is a market for it. I think the manufacturers, instead of listening to what consumers want, are trying to steer consumers in a certain direction. But if there was a keyboard version of the Galaxy S4 or Note 3 (and not some crappy bluetooth addon), I'd figure out a way to buy it asap, and so would a lot of other people.

But to answer the thread, that's a good question and something I've been wondering myself. This seems like a great mid-range phone.
8th January 2014, 12:06 AM   |  #5  
Hadley, MA
Thanks Meter: 3

26 posts
I just got mine for $160 new on ebay, so I'm guessing the demand for the phone wasn't as big as they were hoping (it came in a sketchy opened Samsung box with no manual so it may actually be a refurb but still I'd say it should be selling for more than that since it's not that old). Kind of depressing because so far it seems like a really nice phone, aside from all the bloatware it comes with stock. Just really irritating how all the new phones coming out are pretty much all the same - thin touchscreen only phones with slightly varying sizes and specs.
8th January 2014, 12:34 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

175 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgummeson

I just got mine for $160 new on ebay, so I'm guessing the demand for the phone wasn't as big as they were hoping (it came in a sketchy opened Samsung box with no manual so it may actually be a refurb but still I'd say it should be selling for more than that since it's not that old). Kind of depressing because so far it seems like a really nice phone, aside from all the bloatware it comes with stock. Just really irritating how all the new phones coming out are pretty much all the same - thin touchscreen only phones with slightly varying sizes and specs.

Agreed.

17th January 2014, 04:25 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 407

1,450 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm in the market for a new phone and sadly I feel as though my QWERTY reign may come to an end. I've owned just about every gsm qwerty phone over the past 3 years and there's absolutely nothing to choose from anymore.

Sent from my Galaxy S Relay
17th January 2014, 10:17 AM   |  #8  
Flag Raleigh
Thanks Meter: 37

350 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmaster303

I'm in the market for a new phone and sadly I feel as though my QWERTY reign may come to an end. I've owned just about every gsm qwerty phone over the past 3 years and there's absolutely nothing to choose from anymore.

Sent from my Galaxy S Relay

I feel your pain. I've come to the conclusion that the Relay 4G may be the last qwerty phone I ever get myself. The only thing that can be done now is to develop a decent bluetooth keyboard/case, similar to what is available for the Galaxy S4.

21st January 2014, 03:57 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 6

23 posts
QWERTY isn't completely dead yet... T-Mobile is now offering LG's F3Q. That being said, I'd love to see a true high-end QWERTY, but I'm not holding my breath.
21st January 2014, 04:49 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member

175 posts
I saw that, but its got almost the same specs as the relay, droid 4, and the photon q. 😖

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread