OP scopedial

15th November 2013, 06:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 0

32 posts
Donate to Me
More
The Link bellow provides a de-hard-bricking file for the S3.
They appear to be great instructions.
Unfortunately I have a T699. Does anyone have the file for the T699? Mine is most definitely hard-bricked.

Any other de-hard-bricking advice is also greatly appreciated!

Lou

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2369125
Last edited by scopedial; 18th November 2013 at 04:59 PM.
16th November 2013, 05:36 AM   |  #2  
Flag linux command line
Thanks Meter: 569

1,568 posts
More
OK, if I follow those other threads, there is a mode to boot the bootloader from an SD card, but you need the stock bootloader? I think those are available from the stock firmware.

How did you hardbrick your relay? No download mode? What happens when you power up with volume down? or whatever the key combination is to get into download mode.

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

OK, after a little research, that debrick image appears to be the modem, sbl1, sbl2, sbl3, and aboot paritions, which appear to be the first 5 partitions on the relay... coincidence?

At any rate, I think the steps are to grab these partitions from a working phone, write them to an SD card, and try booting from in it a bricked phone.

How strong is your linux fu? I think you will need the dd command and something like odin or heimdall to flash the stock images, if this works.
16th November 2013, 04:28 PM   |  #3  
Flag linux command line

1,568 posts
More
I put together a potential debrick file, but I need a bricked relay to test it. I don't want to brick mine to test, however, it appears that you have nothing left to lose. PM sent
The Following User Says Thank You to gee one For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th November 2013, 06:24 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 5

45 posts
Even my Relay is "hard-bricked", completely dead, and if I connect it to the PC detects it as "QHSUSB_DLOAD." Even the USB-JIG has changed the situation.
I follow the conversation, I hope you can find a solution.
Keep me posted, thank you very much.

[Swapper 2 bricked my Relay!] - > http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2504647

CIAWA
17th November 2013, 02:06 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Ottawa

32 posts
Donate to Me
More
Prompt Bricking
Man, it is bricked! The only light is the camera flash that flashes when I insert the battery. No
switched or buttons do anything, no dowload no CWM, nothing.

I was attempting to put the 11/15 nightly of CyanogenMod on it when it happened. Up to this point I was having
problems with the bootloader but I thought I had resolved that. I think I have the stock bootloader at least I think that it
is stock. Maybe it is not and that is what caused this issue.

BTW my Fu is strong. My dd is strong. I have CrunchBang running on an old IBM laptop. If I wipe that I get her going
again in an hour or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee one

OK, if I follow those other threads, there is a mode to boot the bootloader from an SD card, but you need the stock bootloader? I think those are available from the stock firmware.

How did you hardbrick your relay? No download mode? What happens when you power up with volume down? or whatever the key combination is to get into download mode.

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

OK, after a little research, that debrick image appears to be the modem, sbl1, sbl2, sbl3, and aboot paritions, which appear to be the first 5 partitions on the relay... coincidence?

At any rate, I think the steps are to grab these partitions from a working phone, write them to an SD card, and try booting from in it a bricked phone.

How strong is your linux fu? I think you will need the dd command and something like odin or heimdall to flash the stock images, if this works.

17th November 2013, 06:56 PM   |  #6  
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 859

724 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scopedial

My dd is strong.

So tell me, just *how did* you brick your phone?
19th November 2013, 01:53 AM   |  #7  
OP Member
Flag Ottawa

32 posts
Donate to Me
More
Prompt What did it
I was attempting to put a recent build of CyanogemMod on it. I was having problems with my bootloader and I thought
I had fixed it but maybe not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nardholio

So tell me, just *how did* you brick your phone?

19th November 2013, 01:57 AM   |  #8  
OP Member
Flag Ottawa

32 posts
Donate to Me
More
Prompt Results so far
I have used dd to put the image on the SD card. No problem.

The hard part is the magic key sequence to get into download mode. Nothing appears to be working. I used a 16G card
but I think I will try a 8G card to see if I get a different response.

Quote:

I put together a potential debrick file, but I need a bricked relay to test it. I don't want to brick mine to test, however, it appears that you have nothing left to lose. PM sent

19th November 2013, 02:02 AM   |  #9  
Flag linux command line

1,568 posts
More
The other thread had something like remove(?) battery, insert SD card, replace battery(?), then turn on. It might be volume down/home/power. I think another post said they had to hold the power button down for several seconds.

I think a 16gb card would be fine, although I think the other thread said it took several write attempts to the sd card. You should be able to see the partitions in the disk utility or gparted. fdisk won't recognize the GUID partition table.
Last edited by gee one; 19th November 2013 at 02:06 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to gee one For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th November 2013, 02:35 PM   |  #10  
OP Member
Flag Ottawa

32 posts
Donate to Me
More
Prompt Battery Issue
After trying a number of different actions I decided to check the voltage on my battery.
It appears to be completely drained! Any advice on how to charge it?
I am thinking of cobbling together an adapter and using one of my other phones to charge it or maybe
my hobby/model chargers.

Quote:

The other thread had something like remove(?) battery, insert SD card, replace battery(?), then turn on. It might be volume down/home/power. I think another post said they had to hold the power button down for several seconds.

I think a 16gb card would be fine, although I think the other thread said it took several write attempts to the sd card. You should be able to see the partitions in the disk utility or gparted. fdisk won't recognize the GUID partition table.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread