Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,579 Members 43,696 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to flash custom rom on Canadian variants ( i747m ) or att roms

Tip us?

jessydm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Red face How to flash custom rom on Canadian variants ( i747m ) or att roms

For All of the people who are getting status 7 error while flashing a custom rom on att based rom on their canadian variants i747m...there is a simpler way to do things.
First let me tell you that hardware wise both are same phone but ATT has implemented radio software differently than candian versions. So never flash att radio on candian phones. This may or may not break your phone.

So, if you are getting status 7 while flashing the rom through CWM, read the error. Usuallly when u flash a rom through CWM, there is a check based on RIL( based of build,prop) to make sure you are flashing right rom to right device. Now ATT has device model name of d2att while canadian variants have d2can and this is the reason why cwm is preventing the flashing of rom.

You can successfully flash the rom by editing build.prop two ways, either on rom file or on device itself. just go to /system folder and change the d2att to d2can and it would flash the rom successfully.

Or if you have already rooted the phone you could easialy download app for editing build.prop and make changes. That way you dont have to modify file everytime you flash a another rom.
Samsung Epic 4g on Virgin Mobile
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jessydm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

saj222
Old
Thanks Meter 128
This is what I do.

Grab Total Commander from the market (https://play.google.com/store/search?q=total+commander). This lets you edit files within a zip. Next use Total Commander and go to the ROM flashable, \META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script. Long press it and choose edit. Then erase the first line that refers to d2att, save and exit.

Flash ROM. After backing up / wiping / etc.
Current: Samsung Galaxy S4 i337m
Current: Sony Xperia Tablet Z (32 GB)
Old: Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC Hero
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to saj222 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rekzer
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Does this only need to be on the first flash and its good after that?

Aka...Stock to CM change ur stocks build.prop to d2att...and if you ever wanna use a canadian rom do the reverse?
Phone: Galaxy S II T989D Cyanogen 9
Laptop: MSI GT60: Intel® Core™ i7-3610QM, 2.3GHz, 12GB 1600MHz DDR3, GeForce® GTX 670M, 15.6" Anti-Reflective LCD Screen, Full HD 1920 x 1080, 2 x 500GB 2.5" 7200RPM HDDs in RAID0
Desktop:Intel Core i7 930, 12 GB Ram, Radeon 5870 1GB, Cooler Master Haf 932 Full Tower Black, Seasonic 850W PSU, 2x Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB Raid0
Dropbox/Spideroak Referral: http://db.tt/rkyZbPac,https://spideroak.com/signup/referra...406ff74925463/

mymusicathome
Old
Thanks Meter 106
The only time I got error 7 was when I first started flashing roms for this device. Updated to the latest cwm and haven't had an issue since.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747M

Mikeyxx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by saj222 View Post
This is what I do.

Grab Total Commander from the market .....This lets you edit files within a zip. Next use Total Commander and go to the ROM flashable, \META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script. Long press it and choose edit. Then erase the first line that refers to d2att, save and exit.

Flash ROM. After backing up / wiping / etc.
This worked for me too. However, now my Samsung update says it can't update as my device is modified. I wonder how to correct that...

nelmaster_vc
Old
Thanks Meter 23
WHOOOOOAAAA YEAHHHHH THANNNKSSSSSSSSSS WORK GREATTT , rigth now have flash CM10.1 stable for d2att in a SGH-I747M and work genial, doing this step, just remove the step 1 and flash perfect,

ivan_radayski
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up flashing 4.4Kitkat on SGH-I747

I have an S3 SGH-I747 with Fido. I was able to flash successfully the AOKP ROM : aokp_d2att_kitkat_nightly_2014-03-27.

At first, I had the ERROR status 7. Then I updated to the new CWM Recovery 6.0.4.3 touch d2att through Odin 3.09

Then I flashed the aokp_d2att

with the gapps: aokp-full_gapps-kk-20140211.zip

and it all worked fine.

hope it helps