Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,857 Members 45,213 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Plants vs Zombies 2 (PvZ2) - Transfer row data to na version

Tip us?

tabeytabe
Old
(Last edited by tabeytabe; 28th October 2013 at 04:04 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Plants vs Zombies 2 (PvZ2) - Transfer row data to na version

I downloaded and played the row version of PvZ2 before the na version was available, and made quite a bit of progress. Now that the na version has been released I'd like to switch over to it, in order to connect to Google Play Games (can't do that in the row version). Has anyone successfully transferred the data from the row version to the na version? I've muddled around in the databases and other save files and tried some things, but haven't had any success yet. I know it has to be possible.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: VZW Galaxy Nexus on Android 4.3

Old
Thanks Meter 0
BUMP

I have the same issue here that I'm trying to figure out as well.

edroit
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I just copied the save files over after I put my phone on airplane mode. I also had to cleared the Cache and Dalvik cache in TWRP for the _na PvZ2 to recognize the _row PvZ2 save files. Not sure if clearing the Dalvik cache was necessary, but I now have my saved games transferred to the NA version.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edroit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

murph
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by edroit View Post
I just copied the save files over after I put my phone on airplane mode. I also had to cleared the Cache and Dalvik cache in TWRP for the _na PvZ2 to recognize the _row PvZ2 save files. Not sure if clearing the Dalvik cache was necessary, but I now have my saved games transferred to the NA version.
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!

I already started this game over once, switching from iOS to Android. I really didn't want to start over again.
The Following User Says Thank You to murph For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tabeytabe
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by murph View Post
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!

I already started this game over once, switching from iOS to Android. I really didn't want to start over again.
Do you remember exactly which files you needed to copy?

murph
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabeytabe View Post
Do you remember exactly which files you needed to copy?

copy /android/data/com.ea.game.pvz2_row/files/no_backup
to /android/data/com.ea.game.pvz2_na/files/

But I ran into a problem - seems Google Play may be backing up save data? After a couple of hours I restarted the game - my copied game save was gone, and the new/restarted game save was back.

I have to play with this some more. Might have to stay signed out of Google Play....

tabeytabe
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Ok I figured it out. For those who may still want to do this:

Copy the entire "files" folder from /sdcard/Android/data/com.ea.game.pvz2_row to /sdcard/Android/data/com.ea.game.pvz2_na
Reboot into recovery and clear cache partition.

That's it! Once you reboot and launch PVZ2 NA version it'll load your progress and allow you to sign into Google Play Games.

Clearing Dalvik wasn't necessary. Also, I did this while in Airplane Mode, but am not so sure that is necessary...
The Following User Says Thank You to tabeytabe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

papajo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Tried this out but every time I connect to internet, the game resets my progress.

Please help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabeytabe View Post
Ok I figured it out. For those who may still want to do this:

Copy the entire "files" folder from /sdcard/Android/data/com.ea.game.pvz2_row to /sdcard/Android/data/com.ea.game.pvz2_na
Reboot into recovery and clear cache partition.

That's it! Once you reboot and launch PVZ2 NA version it'll load your progress and allow you to sign into Google Play Games.

Clearing Dalvik wasn't necessary. Also, I did this while in Airplane Mode, but am not so sure that is necessary...

xdsul
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajo View Post
Tried this out but every time I connect to internet, the game resets my progress.

Please help.

Same problem here. Can't recover my savegame

wazzaman
Old
Thanks Meter 1
it seems the game is save with Unique ID system
So you have to find the ID and transfert it

But now you just have to sign on G+ it sync all the progress!

PS: Sign in FIRST with the most score advenced device.

Tags
data, north america, pvz2, row, save