FORUMS

CM11 M4 is good?

269 posts
Thanks Meter: 13
 
By saarxee, Senior Member on 8th March 2014, 06:46 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I had installed M3 and it's very good and stable for me.
the M4 is better than M3 or not?

I read an have bootloops on M4.

thanks.
 
 
8th March 2014, 06:52 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Are the UI freezes still present?
8th March 2014, 07:18 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Notting Hill, London
Thanks Meter: 110
 
More
What device do you have? I have a d800 and I'm going to install M3 here in a few hours.

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
8th March 2014, 07:35 PM |#4  
Henryy97's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 93
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by savetherbts

Are the UI freezes still present?

+1 for d802
8th March 2014, 07:41 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henryy97

+1 for d802


What?
the latest nightly is good? no have bugs? how is the battery life?
8th March 2014, 09:43 PM |#6  
Schindler069's Avatar
Member
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
I clean flashed the M4 a few hours ago, and so far it seems pretty stable. Using the Furnance Kernel 1.7.2 works also good, no problems there.
I had 2 freezes so far, one while trying to copy a file in RootExplorer and one time in lockscreen.
Also i have to use Nova Launcher, because personalizing the trebutch launcher still lacks some features.
8th March 2014, 09:49 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schindler069

I clean flashed the M4 a few hours ago, and so far it seems pretty stable. Using the Furnance Kernel 1.7.2 works also good, no problems there.
I had 2 freezes so far, one while trying to copy a file in RootExplorer and one time in lockscreen.
Also i have to use Nova Launcher, because personalizing the trebutch launcher still lacks some features.

I mean those BIG freezes, when u have to reboot because device is not reacting or reacting very slow.
Last time i tried CM month ago.
8th March 2014, 10:01 PM |#8  
Schindler069's Avatar
Member
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by savetherbts

I mean those BIG freezes, when u have to reboot because device is not reacting or reacting very slow.
Last time i tried CM month ago.

Yup, the first one mentioned was like that, the second not.
I had those big freezes a lot with the nightlys released arounf 02/25, but so far it seems pretty good.
But a few hours isn't that much time to proof something, is it?
Just try it for yourself.
The Following User Says Thank You to Schindler069 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2014, 11:46 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 82
 
More
I installed the M4 over the 08 nighly and now it boots, the immediately reboots.
9th March 2014, 05:00 AM |#10  
Schindler069's Avatar
Member
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseysdaddy

I installed the M4 over the 08 nighly and now it boots, the immediately reboots.

Which Kernel+Version? Which Recovery+Version? Which G2 variant?
9th March 2014, 05:13 AM |#11  
Senior Member
Flag Notting Hill, London
Thanks Meter: 110
 
More
CM11 M4 is working great! Like another user said there were 2 freezes. One I actually had to hold down the power button in order to restart the phone, and the other one was a minor one (I rebooted normally anyways just in case). Other than that it's great!

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes