Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,637 Members 39,211 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to install apps on your SD card?

Tip us?

madlive
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Unhappy How to install apps on your SD card?

Hello all,

Since the introduction of 4.1/4.2 on xperia phones it seems impossible to install apps on the SD card, even with root. I mean 16GB is quite the amount but high end games these days are large (some games like beards tale are >3GB). So yes 16GB of storage is easily filled even when you can get all your movies and music/pictures on an external SD card.

I have searched and searched but it seems impossible to install apps on your SD card with Sony phones, did not manage to get it working on my Z1 and seems just as impossible on my Z1C. Any one any ideas on this? This really seems a limitation of Sony phones.

Also see, where they got a 'working' solution which did not work for me:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=42398581
Droid power!
Phones:
G1--Moto Milestone--Moto Defy--Moto RAZR Maxx----Sony Xperia Z1--Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
Tablets:
Samsung P1000 3G--Moto Xoom 3G--Samsung 7.7 3G--Google Nexus 7 3G--MS Surface RT--MS Surface 2

HackitZ
Old
Thanks Meter 260

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by madlive View Post
Hello all,

Since the introduction of 4.1/4.2 on xperia phones it seems impossible to install apps on the SD card, even with root. I mean 16GB is quite the amount but high end games these days are large (some games like beards tale are >3GB). So yes 16GB of storage is easily filled even when you can get all your movies and music/pictures on an external SD card.

I have searched and searched but it seems impossible to install apps on your SD card with Sony phones, did not manage to get it working on my Z1 and seems just as impossible on my Z1C. Any one any ideas on this? This really seems a limitation of Sony phones.

Also see, where they got a 'working' solution which did not work for me:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=42398581
try folder mount, works like a charm to move app data to sdcard1. need root though.
look here!
Do anything long enough and sooner or later thats who you will become!
The Following User Says Thank You to HackitZ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]