Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,344 Members 53,700 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

macOS: Android File Tranfer not working

Tip us?

gnucoder
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy macOS: Android File Tranfer not working

Hello guys,

I've a big problème with my new LG G2 international phone (french actually). I'm a new android user... I searched the forum before posting this and figured out that Android is not allowing USB Masse Storage Mode anymore... That we have to chose between MTP and PTP mode... Unfortunately, I'm a running Mac OS Mavericks that not support MTP mode natively.

I've installed the Android File Tranfer for Mac but it's not working. In MTP mode, the phone is detected by AFT but I'm getting the message "Could not find the selected storage." In MTP mode the phone is detected as a camera by the operating system but not by the AFT...

Do you know guys how can I fix this? It's really annoying... For the moment I'm using Airdroid to send file by WiFi but its realyl slow

My phone is rooted and developer mode is ON.

Cheers

panaali
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have this problem either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnucoder View Post
Hello guys,

I've a big problème with my new LG G2 international phone (french actually). I'm a new android user... I searched the forum before posting this and figured out that Android is not allowing USB Masse Storage Mode anymore... That we have to chose between MTP and PTP mode... Unfortunately, I'm a running Mac OS Mavericks that not support MTP mode natively.

I've installed the Android File Tranfer for Mac but it's not working. In MTP mode, the phone is detected by AFT but I'm getting the message "Could not find the selected storage." In MTP mode the phone is detected as a camera by the operating system but not by the AFT...

Do you know guys how can I fix this? It's really annoying... For the moment I'm using Airdroid to send file by WiFi but its realyl slow

My phone is rooted and developer mode is ON.

Cheers

gnucoder
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I've found a solution since the usb drivers and PCsuite for MAC are available from LG. You have to download the USB drivers and PCsuite from LG web site, install them into you MAC and Android File Tranfer should work correctly It's works for me.