Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,846 Members 51,091 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rebooting after a couple of minutes

Tip us?

syst3merror
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [Q] Rebooting after a couple of minutes

I have an htc one from sprint that I have successfully unlocked and rooted. I recently decided to flash a 4.4.2 kitkat rom to it and when I do, it pops up with htcdialer not responding and eventually crashes and restarts.

So, I decided instead of risking a possible brick or something, I would restore my backup....which I did but now even my restored version does the same thing.

Any idea what happened? What is causing this issue? Is it a bad rom flash? Is it a bad kernel? A bad radio? I have no idea what could be causing this issue but even restored it has the dialer issue and ends up rebooting about every 2 mins....all night!

DSR_1106
Old
Thanks Meter 56

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by syst3merror View Post
I have an htc one from sprint that I have successfully unlocked and rooted. I recently decided to flash a 4.4.2 kitkat rom to it and when I do, it pops up with htcdialer not responding and eventually crashes and restarts.

So, I decided instead of risking a possible brick or something, I would restore my backup....which I did but now even my restored version does the same thing.

Any idea what happened? What is causing this issue? Is it a bad rom flash? Is it a bad kernel? A bad radio? I have no idea what could be causing this issue but even restored it has the dialer issue and ends up rebooting about every 2 mins....all night!
This might not be the quickest or most popular thing but I have experienced this type of issue more than once, and the only thing that gets me going again with ZERO problems is to relock you're boot loader and flash factory RUU.zip
Yes you will " wipe the device ".
Best of luck to you.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to DSR_1106 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]