Phone won't charge?

OP wohuifei

7th March 2014, 01:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
I've had my phone for about 2 or so months and it hasn't been charging. More accurately, it's been charging extremely slowly. Ever since the first time I've charged it, it has yet to ever charge to full battery even when I leave Kris charged overnight. I've already changed the battery and that hasn't affected anything so I'm pretty sure it's not the battery's problem but the phone's problem.

I don't have any mega-draining apps downloaded or running (I always exit fully out of my apps) other than the default ones running in the background. I've also tried switching chargers to no avail. I've gone from the Samsung charger that came with it to another USB cord to a battery-only charger and none of them have worked. I charged it overnight but today when I disconnected the phone from the charger my phone just shut off.

If you could help me at all that would be very much appreciated
7th March 2014, 05:32 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 56

133 posts
Could be a faulty charge port?
10th March 2014, 09:39 PM   |  #3  
Flag Northern VA
Thanks Meter: 226

770 posts
More
I had a similar issue and traced it to the charging cable. I swapped the cable (not the charger) between my phone and the wife's and the problem followed the cable. Got a new one and the problem was solved.
11th March 2014, 01:36 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN
Thanks Meter: 28,134

15,434 posts
Donate to Me
More
Best way to test is with the power off

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread