Ask a question

No registration required

Question [Q] noob questions regarding cm11 on nook HD+

OP fatoldguy

10th March 2014, 09:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
When I boot my nook HD+ using the march 10 cm 11 nightly my screen shows the Original Nook screen for about a second, then the CM boot loader screen, is this normal? was I supposed to wipe the original somehow?

Once booted I am using 4.4, but many of the apps I had before installing CM are still there, and nova launcher was still set up the way I had it on the stock nook.

Also the android stock browser does not work. Any thoughts/suggestions/insults are welcome.
Last edited by fatoldguy; 10th March 2014 at 09:34 PM.
10th March 2014, 11:20 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,697

8,424 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatoldguy

When I boot my nook HD+ using the march 10 cm 11 nightly my screen shows the Original Nook screen for about a second, then the CM boot loader screen, is this normal? was I supposed to wipe the original somehow?

Once booted I am using 4.4, but many of the apps I had before installing CM are still there, and nova launcher was still set up the way I had it on the stock nook.

Also the android stock browser does not work. Any thoughts/suggestions/insults are welcome.

Yes, you were supposed to do a wipe data/factory reset with CWM after you flashed the CM11 zip. That would clear the data from the stock setup. If fact, you should boot back to CWM and do that now. That is probably why your browser does not work.

That boot screen is normal with CM (nook briefly followed by cyanoboot).

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
11th March 2014, 01:03 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

Yes, you were supposed to do a wipe data/factory reset with CWM after you flashed the CM11 zip. That would clear the data from the stock setup. If fact, you should boot back to CWM and do that now. That is probably why your browser does not work.

That boot screen is normal with CM (nook briefly followed by cyanoboot).

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

Thanks, did not see that step in the instructions.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread