Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,011 Members 39,374 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC One Slow Charge

Tip us?

mrblue123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default HTC One Slow Charge

I use a 2m aftermarket cable to charge my htc one in the bedroom, genuine short cable I keep for the car but I need a long cable for bedroom. Can you get a long genuine htc cable. Or how about if i use the original cable along with a usb extension, will it still flag as slow charging and fake charger...?

LOCKDOWN359
Old
Thanks Meter 2
My usb extension shows is fake smoke charging recommend using HTC charger is message I get don't know if it's because of the brand of USB cable or if there is one that will work

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

CYNiCAL2KX
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblue123 View Post
I use a 2m aftermarket cable to charge my htc one in the bedroom, genuine short cable I keep for the car but I need a long cable for bedroom. Can you get a long genuine htc cable. Or how about if i use the original cable along with a usb extension, will it still flag as slow charging and fake charger...?
The cable you bought is a data cable, 28awg cable. You need 24awg if you want it to charge like a normal cable.

weidnerj
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblue123 View Post
Are you using an HTC OEM AC to USB charger? If you are not, then that might be why you are getting that slow charge message.

xCal1bur
Old
Thanks Meter 0
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Black-3M-...6fe6c32&_uhb=1

i've got this and it charges really well, takes about an hour to charge from ~50%.

however it could be a combination of this cable and the Anker 5Port 40w charger.

mrblue123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Finding it hard to get a cheap cable in the UK. Amazon UK is near 30. I have found this one which specifies 28/24 but is still quite expensive...anybody see any cheaper for 28/24awg...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2309100567...84.m1423.l2649

CYNiCAL2KX
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by xCal1bur View Post
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Black-3M-...6fe6c32&_uhb=1

i've got this and it charges really well, takes about an hour to charge from ~50%.

however it could be a combination of this cable and the Anker 5Port 40w charger.
It probably is a 24awg cable. Not because of the charger since the the current would be limited by the thickness of the cable. Like I said, it's a simple case of buying the correct cable. OP your phone will charge slow with a DATA cable which is usually 28/28AWG. You need 24/28AWG (24 for 5V and 28AWG for data transfer). A good google search will find you these quite easily. Amazon is probably best bet

APTXDAVE
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default To be honest..

I probably wouldnt bother with thicker cables. I mean it will help but only a small amount. Install a Kernal like elementalX to enable the qualcomm fast-charge feature that HTC suppresses stock.

CupiD101
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Smile 22 AWG okay for charging ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYNiCAL2KX View Post
It probably is a 24awg cable. Not because of the charger since the the current would be limited by the thickness of the cable. Like I said, it's a simple case of buying the correct cable. OP your phone will charge slow with a DATA cable which is usually 28/28AWG. You need 24/28AWG (24 for 5V and 28AWG for data transfer). A good google search will find you these quite easily. Amazon is probably best bet
Hi, thanks for the information. My stock usb cable is broke now. i understand the phone requires 25awg for fast charge. i happen to fine a long cable of 22awg. will this work for M7 ? here is the link to it .. just wanted to make sure before i make the purchase.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/PortaPow-250c...item3388c6b27f

Thanks
Hit the thanks button if my post helps you.

HTC One m7_ul (Black) | S-OFF | InsertCoin SixthSense | ElementalX Kernel

CYNiCAL2KX
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupiD101 View Post
Hi, thanks for the information. My stock usb cable is broke now. i understand the phone requires 25awg for fast charge. i happen to fine a long cable of 22awg. will this work for M7 ? here is the link to it .. just wanted to make sure before i make the purchase.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/PortaPow-250c...item3388c6b27f

Thanks
Yeah that'd work fine

---------- Post added at 03:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by APTXDAVE View Post
I probably wouldnt bother with thicker cables. I mean it will help but only a small amount. Install a Kernal like elementalX to enable the qualcomm fast-charge feature that HTC suppresses stock.
No, they make a lot of difference. What he bought, is a USB cable initially, one which probably wasn't advertised as a 'charging cable' more a data cable. So they have a much thinner wire because 5v is not going through. Your average USB charging cable provided for mobile phones is 24AWG, with 28AWG cable for data, 'data only cables' off ebay are 28AWG and 28AWG (higher the number, thinner the wire), these take hours to fully charge a phone
Current:HTC One (m7ul) @ 2106mhz Old phones:HTC Desire HTC Desire HD HTC Sensation HTC One X+
If I helped you, a thanks would be great

The Following User Says Thank You to CYNiCAL2KX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]