Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

HTC One Slow Charge

OP mrblue123

28th February 2014, 04:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
I use a 2m aftermarket cable to charge my htc one in the bedroom, genuine short cable I keep for the car but I need a long cable for bedroom. Can you get a long genuine htc cable. Or how about if i use the original cable along with a usb extension, will it still flag as slow charging and fake charger...?
28th February 2014, 05:20 PM   |  #2  
Flag LA GRANGE
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
More
My usb extension shows is fake smoke charging recommend using HTC charger is message I get don't know if it's because of the brand of USB cable or if there is one that will work

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
28th February 2014, 06:00 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 16

97 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblue123

I use a 2m aftermarket cable to charge my htc one in the bedroom, genuine short cable I keep for the car but I need a long cable for bedroom. Can you get a long genuine htc cable. Or how about if i use the original cable along with a usb extension, will it still flag as slow charging and fake charger...?

The cable you bought is a data cable, 28awg cable. You need 24awg if you want it to charge like a normal cable.
1st March 2014, 02:05 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 46

292 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblue123

Are you using an HTC OEM AC to USB charger? If you are not, then that might be why you are getting that slow charge message.
1st March 2014, 08:45 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

25 posts
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Black-3M-...6fe6c32&_uhb=1

i've got this and it charges really well, takes about an hour to charge from ~50%.

however it could be a combination of this cable and the Anker 5Port 40w charger.
1st March 2014, 11:55 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
Finding it hard to get a cheap cable in the UK. Amazon UK is near 30. I have found this one which specifies 28/24 but is still quite expensive...anybody see any cheaper for 28/24awg...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2309100567...84.m1423.l2649
1st March 2014, 06:19 PM   |  #7  

97 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xCal1bur

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Black-3M-...6fe6c32&_uhb=1

i've got this and it charges really well, takes about an hour to charge from ~50%.

however it could be a combination of this cable and the Anker 5Port 40w charger.

It probably is a 24awg cable. Not because of the charger since the the current would be limited by the thickness of the cable. Like I said, it's a simple case of buying the correct cable. OP your phone will charge slow with a DATA cable which is usually 28/28AWG. You need 24/28AWG (24 for 5V and 28AWG for data transfer). A good google search will find you these quite easily. Amazon is probably best bet
5th March 2014, 08:11 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
To be honest..
I probably wouldnt bother with thicker cables. I mean it will help but only a small amount. Install a Kernal like elementalX to enable the qualcomm fast-charge feature that HTC suppresses stock.
17th March 2014, 07:07 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 3

64 posts
More
Smile 22 AWG okay for charging ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYNiCAL2KX

It probably is a 24awg cable. Not because of the charger since the the current would be limited by the thickness of the cable. Like I said, it's a simple case of buying the correct cable. OP your phone will charge slow with a DATA cable which is usually 28/28AWG. You need 24/28AWG (24 for 5V and 28AWG for data transfer). A good google search will find you these quite easily. Amazon is probably best bet

Hi, thanks for the information. My stock usb cable is broke now. i understand the phone requires 25awg for fast charge. i happen to fine a long cable of 22awg. will this work for M7 ? here is the link to it .. just wanted to make sure before i make the purchase.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/PortaPow-250c...item3388c6b27f

Thanks
18th March 2014, 02:11 AM   |  #10  

97 posts
Info 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupiD101

Hi, thanks for the information. My stock usb cable is broke now. i understand the phone requires 25awg for fast charge. i happen to fine a long cable of 22awg. will this work for M7 ? here is the link to it .. just wanted to make sure before i make the purchase.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/PortaPow-250c...item3388c6b27f

Thanks

Yeah that'd work fine

---------- Post added at 03:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by APTXDAVE

I probably wouldnt bother with thicker cables. I mean it will help but only a small amount. Install a Kernal like elementalX to enable the qualcomm fast-charge feature that HTC suppresses stock.

No, they make a lot of difference. What he bought, is a USB cable initially, one which probably wasn't advertised as a 'charging cable' more a data cable. So they have a much thinner wire because 5v is not going through. Your average USB charging cable provided for mobile phones is 24AWG, with 28AWG cable for data, 'data only cables' off ebay are 28AWG and 28AWG (higher the number, thinner the wire), these take hours to fully charge a phone

The Following User Says Thank You to CYNiCAL2KX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread