Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,985 Members 41,410 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sprint SIM Unlock

Tip us?

SephirothWGP
Old
(Last edited by SephirothWGP; 2nd August 2013 at 06:24 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Sprint SIM Unlock

So I need to unlock my One for a trip to Europe next month. I called Sprint, we started the process and they told me that the One is already unlocked and that only the iPhone is locked. Is this true? From what I have read this doesn't seem to be the case. I have a GiffGaf SIM I tried to put in my phone and it says SIMLock enabled and doesn't allow me to do anything with the SIM. Thank you.

EDIT: 8/2/13 Here is the step by step guide to disable SIMLock. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1#post44143251

Thanks guys!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SephirothWGP For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

misfit0313
Old
Thanks Meter 218

DONATE TO ME
Page 33 of the Get Started guide for the HTC One is what you are looking for.

SephirothWGP
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit0313 View Post
Page 33 of the Get Started guide for the HTC One is what you are looking for.
That is the number I called and talked to a representative and then a supervisor.

shook187
Old
Thanks Meter 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by SephirothWGP View Post
So I need to unlock my One for a trip to Europe next month. I called Sprint, we started the process and they told me that the One is already unlocked and that only the iPhone is locked. Is this true? From what I have read this doesn't seem to be the case. I have a GiffGaf SIM I tried to put in my phone and it says SIMLock enabled and doesn't allow me to do anything with the SIM. Thank you.
Don't bother trying the sim is unlocked but the phones work out of a frequency that none of the carriers will pick up. If you're so interested in having an unlocked phone why you even with Sprint?

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to shook187 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SephirothWGP
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Because one vacation two week vacation isn't a valid reason to switch carriers. I have my old TP2, its not a big deal. I just figured it would be nice to use my new phone while on vacation... So you are saying the only frequency that the One supports is the frequency for LTE and not that of any GSM carriers?

adrianr514
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
I went through about 6 different reps before I got a supervisor who knows anything you have to talk to international tech and then then submit a claim for you which is then reviewed by another department who then contacts you with a yes or no. It will automatically be a no if your phone hasn't been active for 90 days. They gave me that BS even with me being a rep and getting my phone given to me by HTC free of cost. So its not like I paid a subsidized price or anything but yes long process

Sent from my HTCONE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adrianr514 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SephirothWGP
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianr514 View Post
I went through about 6 different reps before I got a supervisor who knows anything you have to talk to international tech and then then submit a claim for you which is then reviewed by another department who then contacts you with a yes or no. It will automatically be a no if your phone hasn't been active for 90 days. They gave me that BS even with me being a rep and getting my phone given to me by HTC free of cost. So its not like I paid a subsidized price or anything but yes long process

Sent from my HTCONE
Thank you for your response. So did you ultimately get it approved, or am I wasting my time until it has been 90 days? Which by the way is the stupid rule I have ever heard. I have been a long time Sprint customer why should it matter how long I have owned my phone?

adrianr514
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Thank you for your response. So did you ultimately get it approved, or am I wasting my time until it has been 90 days? Which by the way is the stupid rule I have ever heard. I have been a long time Sprint customer why should it matter how long I have owned my phone?
Haven't gotten a response

Sent from my HTCONE

shook187
Old
Thanks Meter 808
Good luck to both of you on getting your CDMA radios to pick up anything internationally.

SephirothWGP
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by shook187 View Post
Good luck to both of you on getting your CDMA radios to pick up anything internationally.

It is a CDMA/GSM phone it will work internationally, that is not the issue. The question at hand is if the SIM can be unlocked so I can use another carrier and not pay Sprints outrageous international fees. Dual CDMA/GSM phones are nothing new. I have my old Touch Pro2 from years ago if this doesn't work, which is also a CDMA phone. Unless you have something helpful to add feel free to overlook my thread.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SephirothWGP For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]