Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,206 Members 43,955 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to update Profile/PRL on Sprint HTC One (M7)?

Tip us?

WayneQuasar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How to update Profile/PRL on Sprint HTC One (M7)?

In the latest version of Viper ROM (6.2.1) my system updates tab (in settings) force closes upon opening. I've done some research on the Viper One ROM thread and apparently this is a known issue.

My question is, can I update my PRL or profile some other way? I heard it's possible to use Sprint zone, but I don't have it installed, and none of the apks I've found have worked (parsing error).

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

WayneQuasar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
bump! please help me out!

WayneQuasar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Just in case someone else needs it: found this on the Viper One thread, got it installed just fine. Profile update was a success! It showed that my PRL was current, too.

http://click.xda-developers.com/api/...int.zone-1.apk

tangojoker
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneQuasar View Post
Just in case someone else needs it: found this on the Viper One thread, got it installed just fine. Profile update was a success! It showed that my PRL was current, too.
Thanks for posting the apk. I am using a Sprint HTC One, on a GSM network. It has never been connected to Sprint. I am looking to enable the roaming options in the Mobile Data menu option.

One question, were you able to uninstall the app without any issues? I mean did it install any other bloatware or and FC when uninstalled?

Cheers

StormyNight
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangojoker View Post
Thanks for posting the apk. I am using a Sprint HTC One, on a GSM network. It has never been connected to Sprint. I am looking to enable the roaming options in the Mobile Data menu option.

One question, were you able to uninstall the app without any issues? I mean did it install any other bloatware or and FC when uninstalled?

Cheers
Try changing sku_id to 42 in default.xml. The line is near the end. That might enable data roaming for you.

It probably doesn't install any bloatware, but it might FC if uninstalled for your 2nd question. So it's best not to touch it :P

tangojoker
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Thanks will try changing sku_id.

StormyNight
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangojoker View Post
Thanks will try changing sku_id.
Report back if it works please!

Jaxp3r
Old
(Last edited by Jaxp3r; 18th July 2014 at 04:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 26
I figured this might be somewhat related instead of starting a new thread.

I tried updating my profile (while on InsertCoin, if that matters) and it was apparently successful and prompted a reboot. Since then, the phone is essentially nonfunctional as it constantly reboots after a minute or two of being on.

Is there an old profile that I could flash to revert to what was running prior to my update? Would reflashing InsertCoin be a better option (hoping to avoid this so I won't have to worry about setting everything up again)?

EDIT: Reflashed InsertCoin w/o wiping data seems to work. I'll just skip updating the profile for now.
Phone: HTC One
ROM: Bad Boyz
Old Phone: HTC evOG running Decks Reloaded .44

Tablet: Asus Transformer Prime
ROM: AndroWook Prime HairyBean