Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,988 Members 45,228 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Think i am bricked... Help... Sprint LG G2

Tip us?

lexknight
Old
(Last edited by lexknight; 5th December 2013 at 08:49 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Unhappy Think i am bricked... Help... Sprint LG G2

HAS BEEN FIXED...

I have TWRP recovery, and wiped EVERYTHING before trying to install the Rom, never had a phone that didn't really have a MicroSD, and I guess I wiped the internal memory also... meaning I have no rom to flash...

"adb devices" is not recognizing the phone so I can't Push/Sideload...

I can boot into recovery, but can't do much else without being able to use adb

HELP... any suggestions.

Payton95
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexknight View Post
I have TWRP recovery, and wiped EVERYTHING before trying to install the Rom, never had a phone that didn't really have a MicroSD, and I guess I wiped the internal memory also... meaning I have no rom to flash...

"adb devices" is not recognizing the phone so I can't Push/Sideload...

I can boot into recovery, but can't do much else without being able to use adb

HELP... any suggestions.
Have you tried mounting the usb storage via recovery and copying the rom from there?

lexknight
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payton95 View Post
Have you tried mounting the usb storage via recovery and copying the rom from there?
I see the mount button, but when I go in there I dont see anything about usb storage?

Am I missing something?

G1_enthusiast
Old
Thanks Meter 281
install the driver on your computer again and try ADB...

if not...gluck man I dont think there is another way.
Phone
HTC Touch pro II -----> Tmobile G1 -----> HTC HD2 -----> Tmobile G2 -----> Samsung galaxy S II -----> Samsung galaxy S3 -----> Sony Xperia "Zed"----->HTC ONE(Thank God, dont ever own a Sony)----->LG G2

Tablet

Tmobile Slate ---------------------> Blackberry playbook ------------------------> Samsung galaxy Tab 10.1 ------------------------>Nexus 7 ------------------------>Nexus 7 Second Gen ------------------------> Dell Venue 8 Pro

Payton95
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
I see the mount button, but when I go in there I dont see anything about usb storage?

Am I missing something?
No. Sorry, I believe it is just Cwm that allows usb storage in recovery.(I could be wrong) As stated above, install the drivers to try to fix adb if that fails then you may need to take a look at this. Good Luck
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2471370

lexknight
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default [Guide] Unroot/Unbrick - flash official factory firmware with LG Launcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payton95 View Post
No. Sorry, I believe it is just Cwm that allows usb storage in recovery.(I could be wrong) As stated above, install the drivers to try to fix adb if that fails then you may need to take a look at this. Good Luck
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2471370
I tried that "[Guide] Unroot/Unbrick - flash official factory firmware with LG Launcher"

It seems to see the phone, and all, but when it goes to download the firmware from LG, it just hangs, reading the posts there, looks like others have it hang at the same place mine did...

I think I am just SOL, till someone figures out how to make a tool that will fix this...

I am sure I am not the only one that will accidently wipe everything leaving it in a state where you don't have a rom to flash back on it...

so I am sure someone will make something soon...

till then will just have to go back to my old phone.

Thanks.

xian_online
Old
Thanks Meter 32
I would assume you need to try to get fastboot working, but I have never tried to get into the G2's bootloader. But you'll get ADB - Fastboot working, you will, you just need to keep trying. Try someone else's computer if you have to.
--xian_online-
LG G2 -- ASOP
-- old friends --
-- Galaxy Nexus --
-- EVO 3D --
-- EVO --

lexknight
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
I really need to just find the kdz firmware for the Sprint LG G2... I think I have a way of flashing it... just need to find it...

I have found about every G2 except the Sprint one...

InsanePostman
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
I really need to just find the kdz firmware for the Sprint LG G2... I think I have a way of flashing it... just need to find it...

I have found about every G2 except the Sprint one...
I found it herehttp://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476 and am in the exact same boat as you. I was about to flash a recovery I made and accidentally wiped EVERYTHING including my recovery image. I'm downloading the Sprint kdz as we speak and please let me know what else you are thinking as a way of flashing that file. I can get into TWRP, stock hard reset mode (which doesn't seem to do anything) and download mode.
Sprint PCS Touchpoint 2200 -> Samsung SPH-A460 -> Sanyo SCP-8100 -> Sanyo MM-7400 -> Samsung MM-A900 -> Samsung UpStage -> Samsung Instinct S30 (P.O.S.) -> Blackberry 8330 -> Blackberry 9630 -> Motorola Photon 4G -> LG G2 (LG-LS980)

lexknight
Old
(Last edited by lexknight; 5th December 2013 at 12:19 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsanePostman View Post
I found it herehttp://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476 and am in the exact same boat as you. I was about to flash a recovery I made and accidentally wiped EVERYTHING including my recovery image. I'm downloading the Sprint kdz as we speak and please let me know what else you are thinking as a way of flashing that file. I can get into TWRP, stock hard reset mode (which doesn't seem to do anything) and download mode.
You are looking at doing the same thing I am going to try, but when I went to where you download... the only Sprint image I see is a .zip... not a .kdz... and that program they use only recognizes .kdz's...

In reading that feed, they said that in the US they don't use .kdz's... so still looking into that, I have a post in that thread and maybe we can get more help...

But your in the EXACT spot I am in, I can get into TWRP, hard reset, and download

If you can figure it out PLEASE post here, and I will be doing the same, I am sure there will be a lot of people doing what we did without thinking, and I guess we were the first, and will be the leaders... LOL

Thanks.