Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Question [Q] LG G2 Sprint-imp queries

9th March 2014, 11:16 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

159 posts
Hi,

I am very new to android and reading lot of posts online but saw mix response, so posting it here for more clarity.

I got LG G2-sprint version rooted phone from one of my frnd in USA. The phone is working good with Vodafone India. I have below mentioned queries

- If I factory reset the phone,
1) will it lose the rooting?
2) will it get locked to sprint and I lose to connect to Vodafone India?

- I see update available notification. If I update the phone, will it get locked to sprint and I lose India operator connectivity?

- I Can not see GSM only mode for 2G only use (just to save battery consumption by 3G at times). Is there any way. I network settings I see only 4 options (Global, LTE/CDMA, CDMA, GSM/UMTS).

Pls help.
9th March 2014, 11:58 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 292

677 posts
first of all, questions dont belong in the the development area.

2nd, factory reset shouldnt cause you to lose root, however it may not place nice. (i remember bricks from lg optimus days)

3rd, i wouldnt take any updates or anything unless you have a backup of everything including apns and all the apn settings. if you factory reset, it will try to go through sprints hands free activation.
9th March 2014, 01:51 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 38

150 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arinjayw

Hi,

I am very new to android and reading lot of posts online but saw mix response, so posting it here for more clarity.

I got LG G2-sprint version rooted phone from one of my frnd in USA. The phone is working good with Vodafone India. I have below mentioned queries

- If I factory reset the phone,
1) will it lose the rooting?
2) will it get locked to sprint and I lose to connect to Vodafone India?

- I see update available notification. If I update the phone, will it get locked to sprint and I lose India operator connectivity?

- I Can not see GSM only mode for 2G only use (just to save battery consumption by 3G at times). Is there any way. I network settings I see only 4 options (Global, LTE/CDMA, CDMA, GSM/UMTS).

Pls help.

If you got it from your friend in US, who might have been unlocked the phone directly through Sprint then you are good to go, you don't need to worry, if he hasn't got it unlocked through Sprint then search Sprint Development section you will find information how to unlock it. But factory reset does brake Root(in other words you will loose root) & secondly, while you are on root DON'T EVER UPDATE LG G2. Otherwise you'll have a soft brick.
9th March 2014, 04:57 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

159 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_7

If you got it from your friend in US, who might have been unlocked the phone directly through Sprint then you are good to go, you don't need to worry, if he hasn't got it unlocked through Sprint then search Sprint Development section you will find information how to unlock it. But factory reset does brake Root(in other words you will loose root) & secondly, while you are on root DON'T EVER UPDATE LG G2. Otherwise you'll have a soft brick.

Thanks brothers for your response. I again got two different answers

1st one - Factory reset will not break the rooting
2nd one - Factory reset will break the root.

One query is still unanswered
--> I Can not see GSM only mode for 2G only use (just to save battery consumption by 3G at times). Is there any way. I network settings I see only 4 options (Global, LTE/CDMA, CDMA, GSM/UMTS)
13th March 2014, 06:00 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

159 posts
Hi Team.. pls help...on GSM ONLY setting with LG G2 Sprint version. I simply can not see GSM ONLY mode in network/mobile settings
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread