I am very new to android and reading lot of posts online but saw mix response, so posting it here for more clarity.
I got LG G2-sprint version rooted phone from one of my frnd in USA. The phone is working good with Vodafone India. I have below mentioned queries
- If I factory reset the phone,
1) will it lose the rooting?
2) will it get locked to sprint and I lose to connect to Vodafone India?
- I see update available notification. If I update the phone, will it get locked to sprint and I lose India operator connectivity?
- I Can not see GSM only mode for 2G only use (just to save battery consumption by 3G at times). Is there any way. I network settings I see only 4 options (Global, LTE/CDMA, CDMA, GSM/UMTS).