Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,354 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG OPTIMUS G (SPRINT LS970) CRICKET FLASHED 3G INTERNET ISSUE (Erratic 3G)

Tip us?

xaviercomputers
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default LG OPTIMUS G (SPRINT LS970) CRICKET FLASHED 3G INTERNET ISSUE (Erratic 3G)

Quote:
I flashed the phone over to cricket but the 3g won't stay on, only way to get it to turn on is to switch from CDMA to LTE/CDMA and vice versa and then turning the mobile data off and on. But if you dont use the Data, it turns itself off again. Anybody know how to fix this?

I'm having a similar issue with my Lg Optimus G LS 970 (Sprint) Flashed to Cricket. 3G Does not automatically come on and off. What I have to do is turn off and on the wi-fi multiple times in a row. then the 3G pops on. My data is very slow under 50K down and the 3g times out within 3 to 4 minutes. I tried at different locations around my city. I feel like i'm so close like one setting off.

I have tried re flashing the internet settings with multiple programs, tried simple and mobile ip, I almost think its a setting in the phone. What could be causing the phone not to automatically connect to 3g mobile data? Also why when it does connect the speeds are slow and the connection times out so fast?

This phone is awesome but not having reliable data out and about is killing me.

Oh more thing is it possible to configure the LTE radio on the phone now for when cricket brings LTE to the Portland Market?

Any body have any ideas?

xaviercomputers
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Correction Turn on and off "data" multiple times to start the 3G data.

svt2003cobra
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Simply flash with wireless workshop

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda premium

qccoles
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Could you point me in the direction of how you flashed your optimus g? Ive flashed a lot of phones but never an lg

paige_0203
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the sprint lg optimus ls970 & it is current still turned on through sprint. We tried to take it to cricket to flash it over but the rep said the es something was locked...we are tired of sprint and would love to flash ot over to cricket. What are we doing wrong??

Spelunker10
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hello. I have the exact same problem you have when I flash mylg ls980 to PagePlus. Did you ever fix this problem? I flash 3G to all phones I do for pageplus. But when I flash my lg ls980 I get an error MIP: 67. I used the modified nv items posted by a user in another forum so the HDR USER/PASSWORD stick. And the settings in DFS all flash correctly. I tried installing the LG Provisioning APK but it never opens for me and force closes. So I'm thinking this problem is with the phone itself. In the settings of the phone. Because what will happen the 3G Symbol pops up. Then when I look in the settings- status, I will have 1x then EVDO. Then when the EVDO connects, the 3G data disconnects. So I'm very sure its a setting in the phone that I'm not aware of. Because the flash works fine. All my HDR/HA/AAA passwords are right. The DFS flash goes through smoothly. So, I'm not sure you know.... =( Look forward to your reply.

12manytimes
Old
Thanks Meter 33

DONATE TO ME
where is this modified nv item ?

adadxbus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spelunker10 View Post
Hello. I have the exact same problem you have when I flash mylg ls980 to PagePlus. Did you ever fix this problem? I flash 3G to all phones I do for pageplus. But when I flash my lg ls980 I get an error MIP: 67. I used the modified nv items posted by a user in another forum so the HDR USER/PASSWORD stick. And the settings in DFS all flash correctly. I tried installing the LG Provisioning APK but it never opens for me and force closes. So I'm thinking this problem is with the phone itself. In the settings of the phone. Because what will happen the 3G Symbol pops up. Then when I look in the settings- status, I will have 1x then EVDO. Then when the EVDO connects, the 3G data disconnects. So I'm very sure its a setting in the phone that I'm not aware of. Because the flash works fine. All my HDR/HA/AAA passwords are right. The DFS flash goes through smoothly. So, I'm not sure you know.... =( Look forward to your reply.
Any update for this issue? I am having the same problem. I guess the AAA/HA keys didn't stick, so network disconnected after switching to 3G.

Spelunker10
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by adadxbus View Post
Any update for this issue? I am having the same problem. I guess the AAA/HA keys didn't stick, so network disconnected after switching to 3G.
Hi. I figured out this issue for the LS980 but for the LS970 I was only able to get solid stable 1x. Good luck in your search.

adadxbus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spelunker10 View Post
Hi. I figured out this issue for the LS980 but for the LS970 I was only able to get solid stable 1x. Good luck in your search.
Yes, I am actually using ls980. IS there any trick for this phone?