Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,650 Members 40,211 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The Room Two

Tip us?

jonling
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default The Room Two

Just decided to give this a shot. Several people had it in a list of apps they liked in another thread. IGN has 6 chapters of video walkthrough's for it. Also, found some in the Play Store. I briefly looked at the game and walkthrough's. Thought maybe I would start a thread and see where it goes and how many Room Two game fans are out there.

wingdo
Old
Thanks Meter 50
The game looks beautiful, but I cannot make it through the original without a lot of walk throughs. Have you played both Rooms? If so, how is graphics on Room 2 vs. The Room?

Samsung Galaxy S4: Rooted de-bloated Stock 4.2.2
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014: Stock, rooted, bloat frozen
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2: Stock, rooted, de-bloated

D1 -> POS ThunderBolt -> Bionic -> RAZR MAXX -> Samsung Galaxy S4

jonling
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdo View Post
The game looks beautiful, but I cannot make it through the original without a lot of walk throughs. Have you played both Rooms? If so, how is graphics on Room 2 vs. The Room?
I went with Room 2 as I just got my Note 10.1 2014 three weeks ago. It plays like a PC game. Daus Ex: The Fall is the only game I have the comes close to Room 2. Room 2 reminds me of Myst on the PC. I like it so far. I have had to look at the IGN walkthrough. I figured once I got used to the gameplay I would resist in the future. I'll give the first a try when I'm done with this one.

jonling
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default WOW

Holy Crap . . . the second room is full of amazing puzzles. That's all I'm gonna say for now.

jonling
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Sccreen cap and print useful.

Thought I would mention this. If for some reason you might need to build a map it is helpful to remember the palm across the screen to take a screen capture. Then I printed it with HP eprint and I did not have to return to the directions half a dozen times.

22sl22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1853

DONATE TO ME
Love the room games!! Got the first one and as soon as the second one came out, I got it and finished it in a day ( no walkthroughs )

Graphics are amazing, as well as the gameplay and the story, even though the story is a bit ominous and strange. Is there any news for a third?

Press the thanks button if I helped you

AOSP FactoryMod Rom with HoloMirage: http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...ooted-t2771527

Note 2014 P600 KitKat Mirrors & Guide to Update+Root: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2719750

My Dev-Host Stuff: http://d-h.st/users/22sl22

Vanir Rom Modifications: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2454287

jonling
Old
(Last edited by jonling; 20th March 2014 at 02:12 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22sl22 View Post
Love the room games!! Got the first one and as soon as the second one came out, I got it and finished it in a day ( no walkthroughs )

Graphics are amazing, as well as the gameplay and the story, even though the story is a bit ominous and strange. Is there any news for a third?
I have to get back into this type of game. I have to check in to the walkthrough. Maybe I'm getting impatient in my old age...

cjranucci
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonling View Post
I have to get back into this type of game. I have to check in to the walkthrough. Maybe I'm getting impatient in my old age...
I beat the Room 2 in a day with no walkthroughs as well. It is a good game. Very engaging. Honestly, the tips they give you when you are stuck pretty much tell you what to do.
AT&T Galaxy S5