Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,209 Members 48,315 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Guess who is coming to the party?

Tip us?
 
scrosler
Old
#1  
scrosler's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 50365
Posts: 23,060
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Fargo

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Guess who is coming to the party?

Hey guys,

My One Max will be here wednesday. Found a good deal on Swappa and decided I miss Sense too much to remain loyal to Samsung.

I do have a couple questions. With all convoluted postings I can not find any basic details I need.


1. Is this unlockable via HTC Dev?

2. Whats the skinny on preferred method of unlocking?


I dont care so much about S-OFF unless its one of those type that prevent custom kernels from flashing. Then I will go S-OFF.



What do you guys have for best practices on getting this unlocked?


I am pretty damned amped up to get this big bastard!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to scrosler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
berdo
Old
(Last edited by berdo; 10th March 2014 at 10:54 PM.)
#2  
berdo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 44
Posts: 247
Join Date: May 2009
Saaaaaaweeet.

I found that the rumrunner* s-off was the easiest way to root and unlock the Verizon version. Did not require anything from htcdev.com.

http://rumrunner.us/

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using xda app-developers app
 
Jiggity Janx
Old
(Last edited by Jiggity Janx; 10th March 2014 at 11:11 PM.)
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 329
Posts: 1,397
Join Date: Feb 2010
Hellz yeah!

Soff and rooted my 2 Verizon Max with rumrunner. Other versions had issues with rumrunner so had to use firewater.

Ie no unlocking bootloader through htcdev for verizon version. Have to soff, unlock and root with rumrunner/firewater. Can s-on after that if you really want.
2 Verizon G3 io-rooted stock 2 Verizon One MAX rumrunner.us s-off Note 8.0 & 3 2 OG Nexus 7 w/ CM11
 
piscesjoey
Old
#4  
piscesjoey's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 257
Posts: 1,131
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Newark, DE - originally from Baltimore
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Hey guys,

My One Max will be here wednesday. Found a good deal on Swappa and decided I miss Sense too much to remain loyal to Samsung.

I do have a couple questions. With all convoluted postings I can not find any basic details I need.


1. Is this unlockable via HTC Dev?

2. Whats the skinny on preferred method of unlocking?


I dont care so much about S-OFF unless its one of those type that prevent custom kernels from flashing. Then I will go S-OFF.



What do you guys have for best practices on getting this unlocked?


I am pretty damned amped up to get this big bastard!
Oh hell yeah it's Clean ROM time! I have the Sprint version & I unlocked mines via HTC Dev & then S-off using rumrunner. You'll love the Max Scott guaranteed, & Samsung can kick rocks with their enforcing of Knox on all of their users.

Sent from One Maximum phone
Nexus 5 16GB



The Following User Says Thank You to piscesjoey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
tjdub
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 41
Posts: 150
Join Date: Feb 2011
It's cool to see a lot of the rezound guys coming to this device, welcome

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using xda app-developers app
 
scrosler
Old
#6  
scrosler's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 50365
Posts: 23,060
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Fargo

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdo View Post
Saaaaaaweeet.

I found that the rumrunner* s-off was the easiest way to root and unlock the Verizon version. Did not require anything from htcdev.com.

http://rumrunner.us/

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using xda app-developers app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggity Janx View Post
Hellz yeah!

Soff and rooted my 2 Verizon Max with rumrunner. Other versions had issues with rumrunner so had to use firewater.

Ie no unlocking bootloader through htcdev for verizon version. Have to soff, unlock and root with rumrunner/firewater. Can s-on after that if you really want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by piscesjoey View Post
Oh hell yeah it's Clean ROM time! I have the Sprint version & I unlocked mines via HTC Dev & then S-off using rumrunner. You'll love the Max Scott guaranteed, & Samsung can kick rocks with their enforcing of Knox on all of their users.

Sent from One Maximum phone
So let me get this straight then..

Rum runner is best to get S-Off.

You dont need to be unlocked for rumrunner?

Once S-Off the normal rules apply? Can unlock bootloader and relock it using super CID like all other HTC phones?
 
scrosler
Old
#7  
scrosler's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 50365
Posts: 23,060
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Fargo

 
DONATE TO ME
And thanks guys!
 
piscesjoey
Old
#8  
piscesjoey's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 257
Posts: 1,131
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Newark, DE - originally from Baltimore
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
So let me get this straight then..

Rum runner is best to get S-Off.

You dont need to be unlocked for rumrunner?

Once S-Off the normal rules apply? Can unlock bootloader and relock it using super CID like all other HTC phones?
If you're on Verizon of course HTC Dev won't work so just run rumrunner & it'll do everything for you.

Sent from One Maximum phone
Nexus 5 16GB



 
Jiggity Janx
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 329
Posts: 1,397
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
So let me get this straight then..

Rum runner is best to get S-Off.

You dont need to be unlocked for rumrunner?

Once S-Off the normal rules apply? Can unlock bootloader and relock it using super CID like all other HTC phones?
You dont need to be unlocked for rumrunner with the verizon version. All other versions you are supposed to unlock with htcdev before soff. Rumrunner soff, unlocks bootloader and roots verizon version.

You can supercid once soff if you want. As you know supercid is to flash ruus from other versions onto your version (mainly for international gsm versions). You likely wont want to flash other versions on a verizon Max.
2 Verizon G3 io-rooted stock 2 Verizon One MAX rumrunner.us s-off Note 8.0 & 3 2 OG Nexus 7 w/ CM11
 
iondokk
Old
#10  
iondokk's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 73
Posts: 339
Join Date: Dec 2007
Sprint or Verison Scros...

Ahhhh... Max Venom injection! Much better now...
Note II
(ROM) ma5 stock
(KERNEL)Persues-Alpha32
(THEME) NONE
(MOD) NONE
(MODEM) ma5
-------------------

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes