FORUMS

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

[TAR][STOCK]Full L900VPALJ1 - "Back to Stock"

7,707 posts
Thanks Meter: 12,981
 
By -viperboy-, Recognized Developer on 1st November 2012, 05:13 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello all! Here are the directions with links on how to go back to stock L900VPALJ1 FW. It will be provided for everyone because playing with these phones can sometimes go south and you always want to be able to go back to stock Please follow these directions to flash this:
  1. Download the stock tar - (mirror link) MD5SUM: d42d84446d5ce832999ebb92f21f56b0
  2. Download Odin - (mirror link)
  3. Download the Drivers - (mirror link)
  4. Install the drivers, reboot if prompted.
  5. Extract the .zip you downloaded from Step 1 and remember that location.
  6. Start Odin by right-clicking on it and choose "Run as Administrator"
  7. Go into download mode - power off the phone, then press and hold Vol Down + Home + Power. Press Vol Up when prompted with the warning about flashing custom software.
  8. Plug in the phone, make sure Odin recognizes it (first box should light up, indicating a device was found)
  9. Click the PDA button and chose the .md5 file you extracted earlier.
  10. Click Start

It is important that you DO NOT close the program, unplug the cable, or really even touch the phone while this runs. The phone will reboot on its own when it's done flashing.

Credits:
My friends at Samsung-Updates.com for the tar

Enjoy
Last edited by -viperboy-; 20th November 2012 at 06:07 PM. Reason: added md5
The Following 56 Users Say Thank You to -viperboy- For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
1st November 2012, 05:16 PM |#2  
-viperboy-'s Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 12,981
 
Donate to Me
More
Reserved, just in case.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to -viperboy- For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd November 2012, 11:46 AM |#3  
wwjoshdew's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
KCMO
Thanks Meter: 1,398
 
More
Video
Awesome viperboy! I was starting to wonder if people were going to be able to download these anymore, since it's very important to keep them on hand in case you mess up your phone. My old links to the deleted thread stopped working, and now I can replace them with this one.

How To Flash your Note 2 Stock Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTUW1_L5fmU

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wwjoshdew For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd November 2012, 11:34 PM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
I'm getting an MD5 checksum invalid when flashing this via Odin, is anyone else getting that problem?
The checksum checks out for the zip file. I have downloaded it 4 different times and each time the checksum on the zip works but the tar comes up invalid in Odin

Odin Log:
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> MD5 hash value is invalid
<OSM> SPH-L900_L900VPALJ1_L900VPALJ1_L900SPTALJ1.tar.md5 is invalid.
<OSM> End...
Last edited by Autris; 2nd November 2012 at 11:38 PM.
4th November 2012, 01:06 AM |#5  
percentevo's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autris

I'm getting an MD5 checksum invalid when flashing this via Odin, is anyone else getting that problem?
The checksum checks out for the zip file. I have downloaded it 4 different times and each time the checksum on the zip works but the tar comes up invalid in Odin

Odin Log:
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> MD5 hash value is invalid
<OSM> SPH-L900_L900VPALJ1_L900VPALJ1_L900SPTALJ1.tar.md5 is invalid.
<OSM> End...

I got the same error with this file after multiple attempts. Found an image that worked here...
Hope this works for you, good luck!

Just to set this straight, I should've credited wwjoshdew for that image post. I got it from his how-to video. It saved my bricked phone and was just tryin to pay it forward. Much apologies for any trouble caused!!!!
Last edited by percentevo; 9th November 2012 at 05:36 PM. Reason: removed link, sorry!
The Following User Says Thank You to percentevo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th November 2012, 03:24 PM |#6  
xboxfanj's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Saint Louis, Mizzou
Thanks Meter: 6,792
 
Donate to Me
More
Way to post sextape's image without crediting him!

I can definitely see where you've earned the credit there.

/sarcasm

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
4th November 2012, 04:28 PM |#7  
wwjoshdew's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
KCMO
Thanks Meter: 1,398
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxfanj

Way to post sextape's image without crediting him!

I can definitely see where you've earned the credit there.

/sarcasm

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Sextape removed himself from the forum and the link to sxtp doesn't work. Where did he get the stock tar from? Did he make it? We don't know if viperboy got it from the same person or place that the "guest" from the other thread got theirs from.
4th November 2012, 04:32 PM |#8  
-viperboy-'s Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 12,981
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxfanj

Way to post sextape's image without crediting him!

I can definitely see where you've earned the credit there.

/sarcasm

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Proof that it's his please?

But I did remove the link anyway. I dont believe the tar to be his but I will not thank or credit anyone that asks for money before helping the community. Not only is that against XDA rules, but that is just being a douche. Imagine if a ROM/kernel dev did that. It wouldn't fly. Why? Because you have other choices, but choices were limited with only one person getting these files. Now, it shouldn't be as much of an issue.

I will post up a different version of the tar that I know has nothing to do with sextape's version, just for you honey


Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjoshdew

Sextape removed himself from the forum and the link to sxtp doesn't work. Where did he get the stock tar from? Did he make it? We don't know if viperboy got it from the same person or place that the "guest" from the other thread got theirs from.

Thanks man, appreciate the support. Some people "know" everything while knowing nothing

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by -viperboy-; 4th November 2012 at 04:52 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to -viperboy- For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th November 2012, 06:40 PM |#9  
xboxfanj's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Saint Louis, Mizzou
Thanks Meter: 6,792
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -viperboy-

Proof that it's his please?

But I did remove the link anyway. I dont believe the tar to be his but I will not thank or credit anyone that asks for money before helping the community. Not only is that against XDA rules, but that is just being a douche. Imagine if a ROM/kernel dev did that. It wouldn't fly. Why? Because you have other choices, but choices were limited with only one person getting these files. Now, it shouldn't be as much of an issue.

I will post up a different version of the tar that I know has nothing to do with sextape's version, just for you honey




Thanks man, appreciate the support. Some people "know" everything while knowing nothing

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I don't see how sextape saying that he wasn't going to post 4.2 yet (until he tested it thoroughly) since due to the nature of test builds, it may not work on factory devices, is asking for money. However, regardless of your opinion on him (asking for money and what not), it is plagiarism to post something that he acquired as your own. While he didn't make it (Samsung did and he never claimed he did), without him, you (as well as the entire community) would not have the file, so why don't you give him some respect and stop being so entitled to everything. You are not entitled to his leaks. He is giving them out to the community because he is a nice guy. So what if he feels like the community could help him out a little bit? So what if he thinks that it can be a give and take relationship? He's given his fair share, why can't anyone give him something for it? Is that a crime against humanity? Because if so, I advise you to take a good long look at the post above mine with its two donate buttons. Why do his standards not apply to you? Why can you ask for donations but not him? What makes you so goddamn special?
The Following User Says Thank You to xboxfanj For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th November 2012, 06:43 PM |#10  
-viperboy-'s Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 12,981
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxfanj

I don't see how sextape saying that he wasn't going to post 4.2 yet (until he tested it thoroughly) since due to the nature of test builds, it may not work on factory devices, is asking for money. However, regardless of your opinion on him (asking for money and what not), it is plagiarism to post something that he acquired as your own. While he didn't make it (Samsung did and he never claimed he did), without him, you (as well as the entire community) would not have the file, so why don't you give him some respect and stop being so entitled to everything. You are not entitled to his leaks. He is giving them out to the community because he is a nice guy. So what if he feels like the community could help him out a little bit? So what if he thinks that it can be a give and take relationship? He's given his fair share, why can't anyone give him something for it? Is that a crime against humanity? Because if so, I advise you to take a good long look at the post above mine with its two donate buttons. Why do his standards not apply to you? Why can you ask for donations but not him? What makes you so goddamn special?

Again I will ask, please provide me with proof that it is his. Because your point is irrelevant without it.
The Following User Says Thank You to -viperboy- For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes